Henry Schein

Henry Schein Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Henry Schein Chairman, President, and CEO Stanley M. Bergman

Stanley M. Bergman

Pros
  • The leniency for a work/life balance is wonderful (in 6 reviews)

• There are great people top to bottom, great benefits, solid industry, conservative company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Too many upper management "grew up" at Henry Schein (in 6 reviews)

• However, I quickly realized that inflated egos, dirty office politics and administrative incompetence would prove to be bigger obstacles (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Internal Audit Intern

Internal Audit Intern (Current Employee) Melville, NY (US)

ProsAll the members in Internal Audit Department are very nice persons. They are more like friends and teachers to me. We always have lunch together and have fun in bar sometime.

ConsSome of the works are really hard to a student.

Great environment with a caring and capable management structure.

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) American Fork, UT (US)

ProsThe company is very stable, and has a great history of moving in a positive direction. They do a great job of making sure new employees are a good cultural fit as well as very capable in their respective areas of expertise. The management structure cares deeply about the success of the company and products as well as the success of individual careers.
    The benefits are very competitive, and the paid time off is very good.

ConsPay increases are pretty slow in coming.

Henry Schein Houston

EST (Former Employee)

ProsFairly good training and good benefits.

ConsManager does not step up to bat when you need time off for something. They let you duke it out with dispatch.
    When you are given time off for an appointment they will send you 2 hours away so you can be late and miss your appointment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of great people, overall old boys club.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat industry, dental industry is surprisingly interestingly!

ConsLow salaries, 24/7 work in certain departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop and pay young talet sufficiently.

Solid company, great experience, highly recommended company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had a good experience with Schein. They keep a small company feel to a huge organization which is not easily or typically done with most Fortune 500 companies. Great training program in West Allis, Wisconsin.

ConsStarting with a scratch territory can be rough for the first year or so, but through persistence and pressure, good things tend to happen somehow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, they run a great company very effectively.

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Melville, NY (US)

ProsReally Good learning Experience and pay is good

ConsThere were no cons on my time there

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great company to work for.

Medical Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Melville, NY (US)

ProsDependable job, strong company, demand for their products isn't going anywhere.

ConsThey talk of the 5 constituents - though I believe all come into play, I think they really favor making the shareholders happy aka corporate america.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the dead weight on the sales teams and limit the micro-management.

Solid Company

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsLarge distribution centers, dependable shipping, high fill rates, decent comp.

ConsManagement often slow to make decisions regarding new hires, direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone is ineffective and has proven to continue to be so dont keep moving them around to meaningless costly roles....

Don't waste your time

Receiving (Former Employee) Sparks, NV (US)

ProsHeadaches and politics and constant fear of management

ConsYou're job is just a leverage tool so management feels good and if you don't play along you will be fired or drivin to quit nobody in upper management will help you and hr is in lockstep.i know this to be true as i am a former victim of shine culture.even though terminated for sticking up for myself when know one else would management once again protected their own and threw me away.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the all to comfortable middle management starting with managers and leads.break the cycle of god complex and your workforce will become happier and more productive

Great company, terrible operations in field

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Melville, NY (US)

ProsCompany growth at fast pace, primarily via acquisitions

ConsOperations. In a nutshell, the pay for ops people is low, so they hire very unintelligent people. Ops managers, service techs, it's terrible. Warehouses at centers around the country are filled with hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory that they let depreciate since no one knows what's going on. Company managers are all addicted to email..... Literally everyday all they do is email. No person to person actual interaction. Management does not work on Fridays.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome away from your email and visit the dysfunctional centers which serve your customers and get employees to tell you what's really happening. Listen to them, without checking your email.

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!