Heinz

Updated 17 December, 2014
Updated 17 December, 2014
2.0

Bernardo Hees

Pros
  • Just read the reviews, Brazilians do not believe in work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

• The company used to be a great people company with plenty of room for room for advancement (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be a challenge depending on the department in which you work (in 33 reviews)

• All company communication is about cost cutting under the guise of growing the business (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

A dying company and a shell of what it used to be

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are no pros currently. None whatsoever

Cons

The new senior management is clueless about the United States CPG industry. Clueless. We are losing distribution and accounts left and right. Most of our customer relationships went from #1 to dead last in the industry. New management and HR fake reviews on this site and ask others to fake reviews. Nearly all of the top talent has left or been fired only to hire incompetent college grads. There is no work-life balance. The company is horrific. A once grand place is gone forever.

LEAVE. Bring back the old Heinz leadership.

My experience at Heinz was very undesirable.

Former Employee - Scale Technician in Pocatello, ID (US)
    Former Employee - Scale Technician in Pocatello, ID (US)

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best reason I liked working there was my schedule. I had to work early in the morning, which I hated, but I absolutely loved getting off in the early afternoon.

Cons

I loved the people I worked with on my team, but the managers and upper management made it almost impossible to have a happy environment. People were not treated with very much respect. There was very harsh criticism all the time. Everybody was afraid to say anything, but it happened all the time.

Listen, listen, listen, listen. I forgot to say listen. Many employees have bright ideas. Reward individuals, not just factories. Although it is important to make money and work hard, it is not everything. Happy employees are better employees. They work harder and thus you make more money. Treat the employees better.

Losing good people to bad leadership.

Current Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you're willing to work 80 hour weeks and you're political you can rise up quickly here.

Cons

As the CEO reminds us at every talk he gives "If you want a work-life balance, Heinz is not the company for you." It's sad to see them draining the quality out of the brands to increase short term profits, at the expense of long term reputation.

Cancer and Tumors grow. Contrary to every leadership speech here: "Growth" is not a corporate value.

Treating people like they're replaceable and their quality of life doesn't matter will continue to lead your best to leave. You'll only be left with employees who feel like they don't have other options elsewhere.

Understand the owners and you will understand the work culture

I have been working at Heinz

Pros

Opportunity for advancement if you know the right people and act like you are happy working there. Read Bloomberg Businessweek article: Jorge Lemann He is...the world's most interesting bilionaire.

Cons

Cash is king...people are not. Work/life balance is nonexistent. Read: bloomberg Businessweek article: Jorge Lemann He is...the world's most interesting billionaire.

Do not promote or move people into positions where they have no or little experience.

Used to be great, could be great still but lots of issues

I have been working at Heinz

Pros

Opportunities but only if you have"energy"translation, you are YOUNG with no commitments outside work. And you need to be in the inner circle, translation, Brazilian.

Cons

Some leadership are rude and arrogant. Suspected immigration violations. Mismanagement of elements of supply chain may bring the company's US operations down.

Be respectful towards others at all levels.

It was a good company

Former Employee - Finance Analyst
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good stable product in the market. Strong Brand.

Cons

Upper Management levels have no plan for Heinz future. Poor leadership and professional skills from Directors and Managers lead unknown decisions to the lower employees. To receive Bonus (if any), you have to be employed to February next year. There is no proper training for you in order to perform your jobs which is sucks. NO value and appreciation at Heinz.

just hurry up to suck your employees blood to cut costs and sell Heinz back to make profit please.

Good People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Heinz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best things about Heinz is the people. Most everyone I know here is hardworking and talented, which is extremely motivating and pushes me to work harder. It's impossible to become complacent, and because of that I've been able to experience significant growth very quickly.

Cons

Not really a con, but understand you will be forced outside of your comfort zone everyday.

Keep up the good work.

It was my passion and second family... till 3G.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You are allowed to work all the OT you want and even gain an extra job title thru "merit"...

Cons

Don't expect a pay raise or bonus to follow for all the work you applied.

Spent MANY years working for Heinz.. working hard and long hours was normal.. but then again so was acknowledgement from Pittsburgh that you existed both in pay and in comment. If you want to keep LONG TIME employees from quitting.. stop importing empty college degrees to back fill and push out your core and respect the talent and knowledge base you paid for. Not thinking that will happen so my advice is to find a new buyer before you reduced this once great sports car into a truck on blocks in the front yard (ie barely worth scrap price).

Terrible place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Heinz

Pros

Used to be a great family, great products.

Cons

Reducing the quality of local products.
    The only chance you have of going forward is if you are money-driven, if you have no moral or ethics, or you are a baby with zero experience put in "good" position with a pay you would never have in real life.
    Culture and values is all based on getting drunk with your colleagues (the only family you will ever see).

thought it can't get worse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

if you are sacrificing your private life totally you have great career prospects and will be passed through the organisation quickly to fill the plenty vacancies left by disgruntled employees.

Cons

one of the latest news letters was referring to making choices other people might perceive as sacrifices, so that we can write Heinz history.
    What 'choices' are they expecting? I already work 12 hours a day, hardly see my family, never see my friends. Where is the limit of the choices expected of us? Women to chose not to have children so that they can spend more time in the business? Not visiting our ill grandmother? Ruining our marriages through 'choices'?

Matt, Marcos,Nigel, Jan, Julien, Anne - please let us know what 'choices' you want us to make please. At least that way I can prepare myself for which part of my private life is going to be ruined.