Hays plc

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox

Alistair R. Cox

Pros
  • Flexible approach to work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• They had great training which set me up for life(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to work really long hours, and leaving at 5 is almost unacceptable(in 8 reviews)

• When I left the senior management were not of this ilke and valued stats above all else(in 6 reviews)

Work hard and you'll be well rewarded

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros-great people, very social atmosphere
    -successes are celebrated
    -meritocracy - hit your goals and be rewarded
    -very capable managers who lead my example
    -everyday is different, lots going on
    -clear feedback on your performance
    -great parties - annual sales conference is amazing!

Cons-it is a sales environment. true salespeople do extremely well and make a lot of money, those who aren't may feel stressed by constant targets and KPIs
    -support staff are not fairly recognized or appreciated

Not impressed with the company at all.

Credit Director (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsThey answer their phone on a timely basis..

Cons..but do not give any pertinent info to would-be applicants. For example, when aked what industry sector this role is in, the answer was they are not at liberty to say.
    When asked what is salary range... same answer. Exclusivity? again, same silliness.
    Write-ups are not fully informative, Makes one feel that one is simply populating their databases.
    Not a big fan.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open, be honest, have integrity.

Recruitment Consultant

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsThere is an entrepreneurial culture, if you want to try something you are encourage (just make sure you are right). Fun, young work environment and social activities are encouraged.

ConsHave to work really long hours, and leaving at 5 is almost unacceptable. Micromanagement for the smallest tasks, although that changes heavily based on manager. High turnover, but that can be accredited to the entire recruitment industry. Lots of office gossip.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many managers. Stop bringing people in from the UK in manager positions when you can promote from within or hire locally. Hiring strategy seems to be inconsistent as there is a lot of turnover which leads to low employee morale. Due to micromanagement almost every team is different.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do Not Work Here.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsLike any other large recruitment firm, it's a structured place to get your recruitment career started

ConsCompany culture
    Nobody watching managers
    Deceitful/underhanded mid and senior management
    Very few Canadians make it to management level

Pyramid Scheme Hidden in Fake non-monetary rewards..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Alot of young people
    - Collaboration (due to the shared misery and lack of money)
    - Training

Cons- Only care about top 5% of the fee earners
    - The rich get richer

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and put them in their place of strength not necessarily where the company needs them.

New to recruitment, glad I'm with Hays

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Chelmsford, England (UK)

ProsI've never worked in recruitment before so to have such an in depth training program and constant contact with a manager is a plus. Also being rewarded on success which brings out my competitive natue, which is then reflected in my progress and recognised by the whole office.

ConsSometimes things are not explained clearly enough or you will be told conflicting things by different people within the company. At the end of the day you have to go with whoevers opinion you think is best and be able to explain why.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clearer with expectations and consequences. Explain benefits better, rather than a hazy picture that we then realise we can't reach.

Fantastic place to work - suits progressive and career driven people

ProsBest training in the business, complete career path which is well structured and defined to encourage you to strive to the best of your ability. Strong team environment with the ability to run your own business within the remits of a large corporate that supports you. Strong supportive teams that take pride in training new starters and seeing them succeed.

ConsHigh expecatations from the start - tough interview process but this is to ensure that people that that get through have the drive and ambition to succeed.

Great people, world class training, fantastic company.

Senior Manager/Business Director (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsOpportunities for talented people are endless, truly inspriational bunch of people. I am challenged and cry with laughter most days.

ConsThe job is difficult and those who don't give their all / see early success tend to get found out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving had recnet visits to our office from the CEO, FD, MD and other Senior Board members I can honestly say that the leadership is consitent and clear in the ambitious goals for the organisation.

Excellent place to work

Internal Recruitment (Current Employee) Chelmsford, England (UK)

ProsExcellent career opportunities with great benefits if you are like me and love to go on holiday I have been able to buy a extra 5 days. No only is the the job rewarding Hays also have great incentives I have been to Malta and Lisbon all paid for via Hays. Hays is a very sociable place to work with great management support.

ConsChallenges understanding your market but with the support from the region you soon become an expert, Hays offer the best training.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead from the front

Challenging but fun, friendly people to work with, positive environment.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsThe people that you work with are lovely, they are very accepting and encouraging and always have a positive can do attitude. The role itself is challenging, but a good challenge with fantastic future prospects.

ConsI have hit a few challenges with working here so far, one mainly being, sourcing my candidates, but I have been working on different methods to overcome this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with the encouragement and good training. Notice when workers are struggling and try help them find a way round it.

Worked for Hays plc? Contribute to the Community!