Hart Hotels

Be The First To
Add Photos

1 Employee Review

Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Ithaca, NY (US)

I worked at Hart Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

ProsQuick and easy growth with little or no experience. Some great people in upper management.

ConsCorporate has little or no idea of what is happening on properties. General Managers are protected above all, regardless of there inappropriate behavior at work and numerous letters send to the corporate headquarters outlining these behaviors. At the same time department managers our constantly remained of what they are doing wrong, in some cases even in there personal life. So long as the General Manager generates the money necessary to appease corporate people can be forced to do just about anything.
From line level employees being placed in positions they can not succeed in, to managers being worked till they collapse and walk-out due to management of a staff based on a ignorant budget and a General Managers unrelenting strive to reach her goals to receive a substantial bonus. I believe most of these things are hidden from the owner, whom is a very nice man with good integrity. Unfortunately the people are not heard due to the field general whom cover varies things up at his discretion.
Work-life balance does not exist. Your constantly judged on your moral integrity, while these judges are themselves of the lowest moral fiber.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr.Hart please give some real investigation in to how your line level folks are being treated as well as department managers. The average employee is the heart and soul of any successful company and this people are being severally abused. They are the "Everyday Hero" as outlined by IHG. They are the type of people staying in your hotels. If more concerned was place in proper training and guidelines as far how to cultivate the core of your company more revenue I am sure would come along side exceptional guest view scores. Perhaps implementing company virtues that translate down to ever aspect of your business as a guide.
I am just one voice. Look deeper if you dare. Hopefully this isn't falling on deaf ears like the letters that have come through corporate.

Worked for Hart Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hart Hotels reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Hart Hotels employees.