Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

Updated 7 August, 2014

2.1

Hart Energy Publishing LLLP CEO Richard A. Eichler
Richard A. Eichler

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Research Intern  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Research Intern in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The hours are very flexible, and the atmosphere is fun and relaxed.

Cons

The pay is pretty low.

Work on better organization and overall direction.

Hart Energy is a growing enterprise...with expected growing pains.

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

Pros

Some of these reviews are shocking and clearly left by disgruntled employees. What better way to blindly attack a company than by leaving a Glassdoor review. Although I must agree with the fellow pessimist on disorganization here and there, its simply not as degrading as these reviews reveal. The benefits are highly competitive, accessibility to upper management is more than I've seen in any company, the atmosphere and culture is relaxed, they support and encourage innovativeness, and most of all there is a positive outlook on growth and success for hard, dedicated workers.

Cons

I would have to agree that its rumored that salaries are not as competitive as o&g companies and I was offered 15% more at a major o&g company. However, Hart Energy is a publishing company - Not an oil & gas operator.
    More emphasis should be put on training and development and career progression, but it appears that efforts are being made to make that happen.

I would like to see more execution than implementation. Less talking and more doing. It's great to see the enhancement in communication with the new internal communication specialist. This keeps employees outside of the Houston office inside of the loop.

Great Benefits - Not as bad as people make it sound!

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great Health Benefits and 401k match
    - PTO and paid holidays (you get almost every holiday plus more)
    - Flexible work schedule
    - Open to new ideas (while some times we struggle to implement them)
    - Entrepreneur spirit
    - You get to deal with all of the Oil & Gas industry and deal with all of the big players
    - Company continues to grow year over year, some growing pains to be expected

Cons

- Needs better communications with in different departments
    - Better training when individuals are hired
    - Still very print focused
    - Troubles adapting to new technology
    - Need to hire more seasoned expertise and less entry level

While still very print focused we are evolving to digital slowly but surely. We need to keep the momentum and continue to evolve.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Appreciation and No money

Current Employee - Sales  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will make good connections in the oil & gas industry. (Hopefully a connection that will offer you a better job).

Cons

Do not pay their employees nearly enough. Upper management is never around and doesn't lead by a good example. Expect you to work more than 40 hours a week with low salaries and no appreciation. They are not up to speed with the latest technological procedures and programs. Everything is done like we still live in the 1980s. The accounting department is terrible. There is little to no communication. Hart expects you to train yourself. You won't learn anything at this company except how not to act as a manager. There is an extremely high turnover.

Start compensating your employees better. Stop withholding bonuses when numbers are met.

Stay Away!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

The amount of PTO, paid holidays. and flexible work schedule are the only pros here.

Cons

Pay is not competitive. The work environment is hostile. There is no teamwork or transparency. Upper management is greedy. They with hold commission pay. Products and services are seriously lacking compared to competitors out there. The research and consulting group is such a joke.

Treat your employees fair. Be honest and foster a teamwork environment. instead of isolated superior subgroups. Pay commission in a timely fashion as you're supposed to.

I would give it 0 stars if I could

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of exposure to many different areas of oil and gas

Cons

Where to even begin...this is absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. It is chaotic and unorganized, you are expected to work well beyond 40 hours a week with no incentive or even acknowledgement, management is a joke, pay is insultingly low, there is no room for growth as they openly brag about not promoting from within. If you are not one of the handful of lifers at the top, you have absolutely no chance of ever being happy here. RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN!!!

Oh, and expect to hear racism, classist remarks and (if you're a woman) be sexually harassed without anywhere to go for assistance. HR is a joke, so is finance and every other department in the company. I can't stress this point enough, RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN!!!

If you choose to go work here, expect to be worked like a dog, paid like a slave and treated like dirt.

There is no advice to give to people who openly boast about not caring about their employees.

Very pleased

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

A very accommodating and employee friendly atmosphere. Allows one the opportunity to grow in one's career path and interact with supervisors on a regular basis.

Cons

Sometimes can be a little hectic due to the corporate structure; corporate organization could use a little bit of a tidying up, but overall not a real problem.

No real outstanding complains - see above about corporate structure. Understand that that is a function of an organization this size, though.

No work-life balance, no professionalism, no benefits...

I worked at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

Pros

Good location, ample parking, clean bathrooms.

Cons

Lack of internal standards, unprofessional atmosphere, no room for growth, very poor upper management, absolutely no work-life balance, low morale throughout every department, pay scale is on the lower end of the spectrum and the benefits are a joke.

You don't even deserve the advice.

Good place to gain (entry-level) experience, but not a long-term career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Most people are friendly and some are fun to work with
    Office location is central
    O&G/energy industry is a stable place to have a job, particularly in Houston

Cons

Poor communication, particularly within management and between management and lower-level employees
    Lack of process and poor organization (company-wide) - very frustrating work environment
    Extremely high turnover - There are a few tenured employees, but the majority last between 1-3 years.

Take the time to get feedback from your employees, then TAKE ACTION. A lot of talk and not enough execution.

Get in, then hurry up and get out.

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time

Pros

Paycheck, decent location, some quality people, never boring.

Cons

Extremely over-worked and under paid. No work life balance. Chaotic environment.

Lose 90% of current managers, maybe you'll do something with yourselves.

Worked for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP? Contribute to the Community!