Harland Clarke

Be The First To
Add Photos

Harland Clarke President and CEO Chuck Dawson

Chuck Dawson

Pros:
  • "The company does have good benefits"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Good pay, good benefits, room to grow"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Cost cutting is the only game in town"
    in 6 reviews
  • "The company competes in a declining industry and senior management is more concerned with trimming down rather than growing"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Under appreciated. Overlooked.

Customer Representative (Former Employee)
New Braunfels, TX (US)

I worked at Harland Clarke full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany tries to find creative ways to encourage you to work more. Great benefits.

ConsMicro managed. Seniority always trumped weather or not you actually qualified for the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider being more flexible with hours.

Bank Mystery Shopper

Mystery Shopper (Current Employee)
Montgomery, AL (US)

I have been working at Harland Clarke as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe job is flexible, can pick and choose which shops you want to take. The people are friendly and easy to work with. The job is fun!

ConsReally, I didn't find many cons at all...maybe there were not enough jobs to sign up for.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the shoppers happy.

"Not paid enough for the work, no support once you are hired on."

ContactCenter Support (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Harland Clarke full-time for less than a year

ProsNice environment, very customer driven, tuition assistance was nice
systems are easy enough to use, Benefits are good

ConsSupervisors are not around enough during on the phone hours. not good about keeping your schedule up to date for the week. Saturday rotational shifts could fall during a week you have scheduled to be out of town without your knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make sure that the technology tools you give us to balance our work/life are up to date so we do not have to rely on being in the building to make sure what our schedule is for the week.

Great company but checks are a dying industry and company needs to do something other than checks.

Customer Representative (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Harland Clarke full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat processes. Very structured environment.

ConsHigh Turnover at the call center. Dying industry.

Top Class to work with in the heart of the city!!!!!!

Chennai (India)

I have been working at Harland Clarke full-time for less than a year

ProsGood Infrastructure, Good people, They hire people from good education background, tier companies. Flexible, Work life balance, friendly managers, good insurance benefits, This is a good place to work with. They exist for the past 3 years in Chennai and very old company in US.

ConsCompany is in the growth path.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Growing

awesome work enviroment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Greensboro, NC (US)

I worked at Harland Clarke full-time for more than 8 years

Prosgreat people, fun job if you like fast paced enviroment

Consworked at st pete plant last 4 years of 10 year employment upper management was mostly hispanic which was good for the large hispanic population of employees but not for the non-hispanic employees definate favoritism shown no amount of complaints alleviated the problems thankfully when clark america bought harland that plant was shut down many employees relocated to other sites. however the greensboro nc plant was an absolutely great place to work with excellent benefits and awesome management

Advice to Senior Managementrecognize your most valuable employees and their work ethics

Top Notch Product Development Company to work for in Chennai!!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Chennai (India)

I worked at Harland Clarke full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent Culture. I would compare it on par with Google or other Tier 1 companies. Compensation is better than what the market pays. Flexible work timings & Dress Code and Family Medical Insurance are definitely plus points from an employee's angle. Harland Clarke is a 145 year old company headquartered in San Antonio Texas USA. Its a huge company and finacially the are very strong. Location of the company is defnitely advantageous. Its in Guindy Industrial Estate ( SKCL 2 Building 3rd Floor). Management is very friendly and cooperative. Almost 70% of the employees get an opportuinity to visit USA for business meetings and trainings.Ample learning opportunities.

ConsHarland Clarke Global Development Center was started in Chennai two years back and the company is still in growing phase.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Great learning experience as a fresher

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Harland Clarke full-time

ProsGreat team leaders who inspire you to work and very good work place to learn and have fun. Compensation and career growth is better.

ConsNumber of human resources is less and team sizes are small which sometimes makes you feel less lively when it comes to work and fun.

Good place, not so great people

I have been working at Harland Clarke full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPretty good benefits, good pay. Chance for overtime if you want it. Good amount of paid and unpaid time-off. Steady job.

ConsHard to move up in the company. Been with this company over 8 years and am constantly passed up by co-workers without degrees and less experience. I have a degree, yet only a couple in the management and leadership team have anything more than a high school education. Management has a "good ole boy" like network where if you are not with the "in" crowd, you do not move up. Hard work and credentials are often ignored and looked at less than workers who are simply "yes" men and women. Leadership positions are often rotated among leaders and it is almost impossible to break the cycle. Speaking out is often seen as questioning authority and is punished as such. All awards are employee driven, so it is simply a popularity contest and the true hard workers do not get recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop posting job requirements that are not followed. If it says "degree required", then it should be as such. Fair opportunities should be given to all instead of recycling and laterally moving leadership.

A good company to work for.

Production Leader (Former Employee)
Glen Burnie, MD (US)

I worked at Harland Clarke full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood salary & benefits. Good secured place to work.

ConsCould be very demanding at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was fairly good. Treated with respect.

Worked for Harland Clarke? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harland Clarke reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Harland Clarke CEO Chuck Dawson. All 101 reviews are posted anonymously by Harland Clarke employees.