Haggar
www.haggar.com Dallas, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Haggar Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014
Haggar – Dallas – “Tim Lyons and Michael Stitt (President and CEO)”

Not yet rated.

Michael Stitt

Nice place to work

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Haggar full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI enjoyed working at Haggar for my first retail job experience. My co-workers were friendly and the customers were generally very nice. Our district manager was also very friendly and encouraging. Our store location won a few little prizes here and there from headquarters which was nice. The district office would buy us lunch on Black Friday weekend and reimbursed for traveling expenses if we had to work in another store. Overall, the experience that I gained at Haggar was good!

ConsRetail hours and working on holidays, but that's how retail is.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating your staff well!

Fun place to work

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Haggar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWarm atmosphere, time to learn the business

ConsNot a lot of advancement to move up. Low pay for non salaried employees.

Advice to Senior Managementgive more incentives, better pay to keep good people!

Family oriented

Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Haggar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWhen the Haggar family owned it, it was very family oriented. I worked side-by-side with Mr. Haggar's granddaughter. You could walk into the CEO's office and get candy from a huge jar on his table and talk to him about anything. My boss, I left in 2004, still to this day (2/6/2014) calls me on my birthday.

ConsFrom what I hear, when the family sold the company to outsiders, the family oriented atmosphere dissappeard

Advice to Senior ManagementReally get to know your employees and make them to believe that you really do value their opinions and that they are valued at the company.

Fantastic Company with Great Leadership and Long Term Vision

IT-Software Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Haggar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat People, Superior Management, flexible work environment. The people really care about the employess there especially with the new leadership. Tim and Michael are awesome to be around.

ConsPays a little low, but great company. If it weren't for the pay, i would stay forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove you guys but need to pay better!

"To Get Along, You Go Along.."

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Haggar

ProsOutside opinions and fresh ideas from prior experience are "welcomed" upon hire. So they say.

ConsFragile personalities cloud the vision of growth within the area. Company/Direct will never get to the next level with this protective mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways a good motivational speech but a solid promise of a higher salary and free company Chapstick/Kleenex might be a huge incentive!

Best corporate culture ever! Best company to work for, hands down.

Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Haggar full-time for more than a year

ProsThe unwavering commitment of the leadership. The positive, friendly, inspiring, collaborative environment. The president and the CEO are doing an amazing job at empowering the people. Employees are energized, motivated, inspired. Lots of employee engagement and a good work/life balance. Comp and benefits are unbeatable. Bonus for all employees in the company.

ConsI can't think of any cons. The president Tim Lyons and CEO Michael Stitt are really doing an amazing job overall.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing. You are doing a terrific job!

Current employee promoted 2X

I have been working at Haggar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSenior Management Listens to the field team and reacts to feedback. They really care about employees and treat everyone like family. Customer service culture is top notch in the industry.

ConsSalaried level employees work a lot more than 40 hours. Too many attempts to try trendy product lines. Overbuying/producing which lead to a need to sell product at or near cost.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop chasing fringe. Make the best casual clothing in the industry and charge a reasonable price. Pass increased profits on to employees through better salaries and benefits.

Great company, excellent growth opportunities provided. It was a great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Haggar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people were genuine, helpful and the service standards were excellent.

ConsOf course, given the nature of the industry-work/life balance was hard to achieve at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased integration between departments might be helpful. Overall, great job.

Great company! But upper management could use some work..

Key Holder/Turn (Current Employee)

I have been working at Haggar part-time

ProsThis company does not micro-manage which is fantastic because it is retail and as the economy and times of year change so do the needs of your business and your associates.
Haggar also believes in promoting within which shows how well this company values hard work and dedication!

ConsThey ignore internal problems and just hope for them to go away. From what I have noticed in not just in one store this company much rather keep an abusive associate and allow everyone else to up and quit rather than deal with the associate making the work environment hostile.
They don't pay their associates very well at all. Most start out just a little over minamonwage.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ignore the issues in company and among your associates.

Great Corporate Culture

I have been working at Haggar full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLeaders are focused on maintaining a corporate culture of highly engaged happy employees while driving the business.

ConsSalaries and job titles with specific job roles are inconsistent

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate salaries and get a better working knowledge of job functions throughout the organization.

Worked for Haggar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Haggar reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Haggar CEO Michael Stitt . All 15 reviews are posted anonymously by Haggar employees.