Habitat for Humanity

Habitat for Humanity Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Habitat for Humanity CEO and Director Jonathan T. M. Reckford

Jonathan T. M. Reckford

Pros
  • You're able to really make a difference in the lives of people in need(in 6 reviews)

• The work is very rewarding because you are helping people in need(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • this place is non-profit so there's really not much wrong with it(in 11 reviews)

• Low pay for the amount of work required(in 7 reviews)

Great culture, beautiful building

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGreat communication between employees and managers. Had the opportunity to learn a lot and work with all levels of the organization. Building is beautiful.

ConsSometimes management can be a bit held back with the amount of information they provide to interns/entry level positions. I understand this because it can be a security issue but at times when I needed information it can be a bit bothersome.

Designer

Designer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsI had a lot of project flexibility to work on what I wanted, which felt almost at odds with managers, who were picky about what they liked and did not, but were very hands off. There is a sense of doing good though that permeates through company culture, though, which I found to be very satisfying.

ConsManagement is a social club for old people. Managers are prone to having long, drawn out meetings and not talking about exactly what we were working on. Very unproductive environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more goal oriented.

A feel good organization that gives back to the community.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, wonderful concept nod lots of valuable support.

ConsLow pay with unrealistic work load.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExposure to all level of marketing in a non-profit environment

ConsThere should have been a better strategy for field activities

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the same

Habitat for Humanity

Volunteer (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ (US)

ProsGreat company, excellent friendly co-workers. Volunteers are very caring, and provide an excellent work community.

ConsRequires patience, leadership, and a general positive attitude. A unique work environment that may take some getting used to.

Fantastic volunteer opportunity

Volunteer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsProvide a hand up to hard working people. Great community building. Learn new skills and meet new people, with diverse backgrounds.

ConsAt times the work can be quite strenuous.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to use Americorp to shore up your crew management.

Good but still low salary

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Seoul (South Korea)

Prosthis organization has very good vision to help poor people in the world.

ConsBut someone needs appropriate salary, I don't really recommend this organization. you should just find proft organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should find good staff who can work very well without high salary. And they need to fire someone just get low salary and perform bad work.

Wonderful experience! Thanks to an incredible team and supervisor, I have grown tremendously.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, work-life balance, mission, benefits

ConsI don't have much to say in this area, other than the compensation is rather low given the job responsibilities

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease compensation so that talented employees can stay there longer!

I had a great experience working at Habitat for Humanity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-staff is committed to the mission
    -great higher management

Cons-low pay
    -limited resources
    -not a lot of room for growth

My experience was great. Great experience working with a non profit organization.

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Orangeburg, SC (US)

ProsGreat work environment, a great deal of diversity. The schedule was flexible and as a intern I was exposed to many situations that have helped me grow.

ConsThere isn't a stable workforce so that sometimes leaves the work to a few people. This makes projects sometimes exceed time restrictions.

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!