HCL Technologies

3.2
3,294 Reviews

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta
Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world (in 312 reviews)

• A positive work environment which makes me more excited to come for the work every day (in 239 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance (in 83 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

41 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

worst company ever to work and join

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

hard working software engineers from india.Some people in company are good at technical skills.

Cons

worst company ever to work

1.Managers look their sub-ordinates as slaves.There is no professionalism in the company.

2.If your manager likes you then you will be at good position.There is no proper recognition for any work you do in the company.More of biased company to certain individuals.Managers are very
    dishonest. They will lie to you while your joining on company benefits.

3.Company expected you to work all hours in a day including weekends at short notice and will not take into account their employees obligations outside of work .They don't pay you anything for extra hours.They bring cheap labour from india and make them to stretch for more hours and expect those recruited in USA also to work same hours without extra hour payments or perks.you cannot question your manager or Management.

4.Their insurance plans are worst in IT industry.The upper management never listens to the concerns of workers on any benefits to workers.Though many people are fighting to change the insurance plans they never bother as they provide cheap plans.

5.Lack of job security.Though your full time employee your job is never secured.

6.They don't have any notice period for employee termination or 15 day notice concept.It just on paper.They send people from india immediately next day your project completes.Its same with full time employees in USA.They give termination once their work is done with them.

7.Thier internal immigration service is worst and they have worst record in Green card process for any non - american workers.

8. No support to employees on any issues faced by them with internal applications in USA.everything you need to go for your manager or should wait to get a reply from india for 2-3 days on any questions or SSD.

9. Once your joined your growth stops in USA.No promotions or salary increase.Max salary increase you get is 3%.That to if your manager likes you.

10.They say employee first...but in reality its employee last.Managers will not allow employees to interact much with customer and they try to showcase more what their peers do as themselves.

No Bonus and no increment and your salary might decrease if your location is changed.

treat your employees well.Learn to treat them as humans not as slaves.
    Stop biased way.Make people to speak in english in organization culture.
    Give equivalent benefits as other companies .

Nice place to work with. One can learn a lot technically if get a good exposure.

Current Employee - Consultant in Newark, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Newark, NJ (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lot of learning through out the career.

Cons

There is no cons i came across my career.

Senior Manager - Infrastructure Services Division

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is Employee friendly organisation

Cons

the Salaries are below market benchmark

Work-Life Balance should be maintained for the employees

Happy HCLite!!!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Group in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Group in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working for HCL that truly cares about the employees is priceless!!! There are other employers for everything else…

Cons

Busy work always, but Busy is Good!

Good Insurance benefits, horrible everything else

Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health Insurance is good. Some flexibility with work location. Bi-monthly pay is nice. There truly aren't very many "pros" to HCL America...

Cons

I'm not sure why they call it HCL America. Literally everything is handled offshore in India. There isn't a single non-Indian American in senior or executive leadership. No advancement to senior or executive management unless you're Indian. I find this very disturbing and racist. Pay is horrible.

Travel policy is a complete joke. You have to pay for your own travel, cell phone, etc. and hope for reimbursement. Only $50 max a month allowance for cell phone, and they want you to have a smart phone with data and texting. This a is impossible to do with a max of $50. $90-$100 a night limits on hotel stays when traveling. This is AFTER taxes and fees. This is the limit I have as a manager. It's even less for front-line employees.

"Employee First" is just a catch phrase. They DO NOT practice this philosophy. HCL is losing business in America at a rapid pace compared to where they were 5-10 years ago. Companies use HCL for a few years to help their bottom line and realize how bad their services are and then don't renew their contracts. I had a senior leader tell me that their American business is flatlining and all major opportunities are now in Europe.

Place a senior/executive team IN the United States for HCL America. It would be nice if these leaders were actual Americans with English as their first language. Pay your employees a competitive salary for native U.S. citizens (especially managers)!!!

Start really living the Employee First philosophy. I have been a manager with HCL America for a couple of years and haven't seen it lived out yet. It's a real joke.

Get company travel/T&E cards for your employees who have to travel/buy supplies more than a few times a year. Stop requiring the use of a "travel desk" that is located in India and is 12 hours time difference. Let us use a travel website to book travel for ourselves, this would actually save money for HCL. Stop with the ridiculous $90-$100 AFTER taxes and fees a night limits on hotels. This is so impractical and my employees and I usually end up at a nasty hotel in a dangerous part of town.

HCL America needs to be run by employees that are actually in America. Not having this in place scares off critical talent. You would keep and gain more U.S. business if you started this practice.

Platform for Performers

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent means to keep employees motivated MAD JAM/ LEAD GEN/O Infinity League etc... are HCL's brand mark for performers. Proud to be one of the HCL's O Infinity League contenders, Ideapreneurs.

Cons

Recommendation is to review the IT Sales Strategy.

Continue to empower your employees in the same way to extract amazing results.

Interesting and challenging. Peace in mind, career oriented and friendly

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Peace in mind, nice work environment, Friendly colleagues and helping managers

Cons

Grouping in teams some times, Company policies are not too good

Make the policies better and employee friendly. Make them free to work in their style.

Awesome if you dont look for money

Current Employee - Senior Technical Lead in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Lead in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good and friendly working environment

Cons

Dont expect good salary hike,allowances etc. Except money you will get all benefits

Good Exprnc

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time

Pros

Work Life balance, Learning, New Opportunities

Cons

Poor Compensation, slow personal growth

The experience was alright

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Bedminster, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Bedminster, NJ (US)

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of freedom. Top clients to work with. Leading edge IT.

Cons

I was new to the IT space let alone the Sales organization. There was no structure around my on-boarding. In fact the first day I went into work, I was the only one in the office till about 10AM. The HR didn't have any idea that I was joining work.

Have an on-boarding process and try to retain employees.