H.B. Fuller

Updated Jun 23, 2014

H.B. Fuller President and CEO James Owens

James Owens

Technical Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Flexibility in pursuing business development opportunities
    - Friendly co-workers
    - Company has focus on value rather than lowest price

Cons- lack of emphasis on career development
    - corporation was slow to adopt technology
    - poor communication across business functions

Collaborative atmosphere with great upward mobility.

Scientist (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsThe people are extremely friendly and helpful.
    There is a large amount of visibility throughout the organization.
    Great opportunities for advancement.

ConsAt times the work load can be quite large because the staffing is particularly thin. There is not a cafeteria at my location.

Corporate company but can do many different projects

ProsI like being able to take ownership and give ideas for driving more efficiencies within the organization. They are open to new ideas and streamlining processes. They are corporate but don't get caught up in a bunch of red flags. I have never heard, "oh this is how we do it here."

ConsIt is a lean manufacturing environment. They try and get the most out of every person. If you want down time, this isn't the right environment for you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ProsGreat leadership, focused on people and growth. Global footprint, but still has a small company feel, built on relationships and focused on our customers. Great people, hard workers.

ConsMost people wear many hats. You have to be willing to help out and reach out across functions, segments and geographies. As a company, we tend to take on too many things at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the game changers and resource them appropriately.

Management doesn't care about people.

ProsBenefits are really the only benefit.

ConsManagement knows things are bad but keeps saying things will get better. They don't care at all about people tbeing being stressed out. Askng for help with issues beyond our control is like talking to a wall.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop having meetings and actually DO something. Support people who work for you. Replace management at this location of the company with people who know how to run a company.

Good place to work

ProsGreat collaboration with global counterparts - like the diversity
    Good benefits
    Friendly coworkers
    Community minded - not just at HQ
    Management works to keep employees aware of and working toward corporate goals

ConsCareer development is possible,but sometimes process is ignored by supervisors
    Work/Life Balance is possible , but sometimes difficult to achieve

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes so focused on reaching short term goal that it impedes reaching long term goal

Industrial Maintenance Mechanic

ProsThe flexibility of the job.

ConsThere is no advancement in Houston Texas.

Its the best, worst job I ever had!

Production Operator (Current Employee) Paducah, KY (US)

ProsPay above average after you get a few years in, decent benefits, very strong company in the adhesive industry.

ConsDepressing atmosphere, poor comrodery among workers, poor comunication, poor training ,poor local management, poor working conditions (heat, dust, noise, est) poor job staffing shifts, (work to lean). Old technology, old worn out equipment, you name it!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your people, like Tony Anderson did. Reinvest in the plants, get them up to date, stop jacking people around, give them their promotion when due.

Intern

ProsGood out-look
    Great Values
    Fun place to work with fun people
    I would like to work here in an entry-level job if I was given the chance

ConsI really do not have a lot of cons. I have only worked at HB Fuller for 3 months and have nothing but good things to say.

Great career opportunities with a growing company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vadnais Heights, MN (US)

ProsStrong leadership with extraordinary experience and expertise in adhesives and industrial manufacturing
    Clear short- and long-term goals
    Solid purpose, vision and values

ConsGlobal roles require 24/7 dedication to work (work/life balance)
    Need to do more to break down regional vs. global function silos

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to communicate brand equity to employees and customers

Worked for H.B. Fuller? Contribute to the Community!