Google

4.2 2,307 reviews

Google Co-Founder & CEO Larry Page

Larry Page

(1,230 ratings)

Pros
  • Great work-life balance with adequate opportunity for career development(in 103 reviews)

• Free food, amazing people, amazing vision - almost everything about this company is a pro(in 218 reviews)

Cons
  • This is one reason why maintaining a good work-life balance can be challenging(in 98 reviews)

• Google is no different than any other big company and they are starting to realize it(in 70 reviews)

2,307 Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!

Intern (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsThe environment and culture are wonderful. There's free food and events. The company does interesting work. You fee like your work is relevant when you work here because of the nature of the company's work. The people are nice, smart, and down to earth.

ConsPeople are assigned a lot of work so you must be sure to do a good job balancing your workload. It's hard to get work done when you have so many awesome distractions like neat events to attend.

Inspiring, supportive, challenging, rewarding.

Design Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsOutstanding perks and rewards, high expectations, challenging work, lots of empowerment and minimal micromanagement, good collaboration, good lateral and vertical mobility, smart and do-the-right-thing colleagues, fair and unbiased feedback and performance evaluations, very transparent and good access to leadership.

ConsEven the best big companies have some amount of politics and some amount of duplicate or discarded work. Plus, when you've got a lot of people working on something, the work is sharded into smaller and more specialized bits, and some of those are naturally less interesting than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. Keep thinking big and long term. Keep moving forward.

Great culture and company

Account Strategist (Former Employee)

ProsGoogle was a great place to work. Aside from the amazing food! the people are smart, the offices are amazing and its just an exciting place to be.

ConsThe review process, at least when I was there, was very time-consuming and after a while it seemed to lose meaning,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

System administrator

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly atmosphere with good bonus

ConsHigh competition for the same job

Advice to Senior ManagementHike the salary of the staff

Google Review

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsAwesome company to work for

ConsToo much work but the work life balance is good

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees

Best Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsAmazing place to work. The perks are crazy and well document so I won't repeat them here. They really take care of their people and make sure all our needs are taken care of.

ConsYour manager can make or break you. With the right manager you'll be promoted quickly and work on awesome projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your people! You're doing great

Account Optimization at Google

Adwords Associate (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsExciting, friendly place to work. Really great team members. Lots of learning and training. It's like attending an University. I'm glad I started work here. Great memories.

ConsIt's hard to move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was a happy employee and loved folks at Management. My advice to Management is to let us in on the bigger, strategic level goals/numbers so that we're motivated to see how our work is contributing to it in a more concrete way. Also, it would help to have the career path a little more defined.

Highly recommend to others

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsNice compensation, nice culture, career growth, nice and smart people, free food

ConsBusier than most big companies, which is both good and bad

Nice Place

ProsThe place is nice to work but no work life balance

ConsWork life balance could be surely improved.

Hr process is not great.

ProsPerks. Benefits are great, but work culture depends only on your team

ConsBase salary is much lower than expected

Advice to Senior ManagementBase salary is much lower than expected

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!