Goldcorp Reviews

Updated 15 October, 2014
4.6

Goldcorp President and CEO Chuck Jeannes
Chuck Jeannes

Strong corporate values and a culture of excellence

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Goldcorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong corporate values that put people first which is truly amazing for a mining company. The company offers a culture of excellence and those who work at Goldcorp are among the best and brightest in their field.

Cons

Goldcorp is a very entrepreneurial company and constantly evolving and changing. This type of environment is not for everyone and requires a good dose of ambiguity tolerance.

Safe Enough for Your Families

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Timmins, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Timmins, ON

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

Goldcorp has the greatest people working for them. The staff is very knoweldgeable and love their jobs. They have great beneifts and provide a standard 3 weeks of vacation for all staff.

Cons

Salary could be higher and earning 4 weeks of vacation could come sooner.

Keep up the good work, don't become a RIM or Microsoft.... keep working hard to be the best!

Working in Goldcorp

Current Employee - Miner III in Thunder Bay, ON
    Current Employee - Miner III in Thunder Bay, ON

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

Goldcorp has a great position in the industry, being a industry leader Goldcorp takes great effort to provide a safe, healthy and profitable working environment for employees. Goldcorp encourages transfers between different working sites and there are many different carrers such as miners tradesmen, mill technicians, refiners, assay technicians, training, HR, engineering, secretarial, mechanical, electrical, construction, carpentry, and many more. Goldcorp offers numerous employee education and improvement programs to inspire leadership and growth of people. Goldcorp also pays competitive wages.

Cons

From my experience some of the negative aspects could be the remote location of some mine sites. requiring the employee to work on a two week on two week off schedule, (which is also a good thing for some people.) Mining is also not the easiest of jobs. Underground operations also have a higher risk factor.

I enjoy working at Goldcorp. I really encourage our senior executives to continue the strategy being put in place. Continue being open and approachable. Having been able to meet many of the corporate executives in the company I work for, is one of the many reason I would never work anywhere else.

It's a great place to grow!

Current Employee - Rather Not Tell in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Rather Not Tell in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

It is a growing company with lots of opportunities.
    We are treated fairly and with respect
    Our compensation and benefits are probably best in class.
    Goldcorp represents all that is positive and challenging in the mining industry: A wide variety of geographic locations, leading edge technology, many different cultures and constantly changing production challenges.

Cons

The senior leadership team is distant, inaccessible and seemingly not interested in the rest of the company.
    Other than that, we really cannot complain!

Provide us with your thoughts on where we are, where are going and what you think makes Goldcorp a great company. Providing this type of info only to investors DOES NOT COUNT!!!!
    It is clear that you are not a unified team. Please rectify that.

A great traineeship at the mine.

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Mazapil (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Mazapil (Mexico)

I worked at Goldcorp as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The opportunity to dig into the operational life of the Merrill-Crowe plant.

Cons

Geographical isolation, however, that is the norm and not the exception in mining industry.

To meet western or european standards and increase leave times.

Goldcorp - Marigold

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Valmy, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Valmy, NV (US)

I worked at Goldcorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good people and leadership, positive work environment, great compensation and benefits

Cons

Fairly remote location, short-term financial limitations, changing ownership

Great people, great benefits, committed to communities and environment, experienced and great leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valmy, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valmy, NV (US)

I have been working at Goldcorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Low costs, great people, company commitment to people and their development, company commitment to smart growth, 10 properties in low risk areas, great wages and benefits.

Cons

Few properties in USA, means few US opportunities.

Keep overhead costs low, keep organization lean and efficient.

Best Company period

Current Employee - Mine Operation Training Coordinator
    Current Employee - Mine Operation Training Coordinator

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

Good, smart and reliable work force, good chanel of comunication to the management, alwaiys looking to implement toptechnologies.

Cons

Safety in Mexico is quite low, a lot of drug cartels and Militar confrontations every day, the only safe place is in the mine site.

Continue doing and supporting the company culture, you are in the right pad.