GoDaddy

GoDaddy Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving

Blake Irving

Pros:
  • "Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them)"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Still good benefits, though they continue taking more and more away from their employees"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Middle management was worried about their career and not their people"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great culture, great values and love the management!

Inbound Sales and Support (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

ProsMultiple shifts, multiple departments and job positions make for great advancement opportunities if you apply yourself to your job and take pride in what you do. Pay is above industry average and PTO plans are very generous; management in the department works with their employees for PTO requests if the system automatically rejects them. Atmosphere is fun, although the work is hard, you do feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day and that you made a difference.

ConsTheir PTO management is horrible b/c of the system they use to manage people taking time off and their preset "max" for each department, which is set arbitrarily. You will only get your PTO for vacation approved if you are more senior or work something out with your department manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your PTO management section - their archaic policies are the reason I looked for another job in the first place. Either increase your max allowable for PTO use depending on department or allow top performers more priority to get PTO requests approved.

Good company but still having growing pains.

SOC Analyst (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThings are slowly moving towards a more structured approach way of handling things. In the past there often seemed to be very little long range planning involved when it came to products. This is gradually improving under the guidance of recent additions to our executive team.

ConsThere is still a long way to go, especially when it comes improving outdated processes. I am also a little concerned that in the eagerness to remake our public image, we are becoming a clone of other big companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the workers who do well, and drop more of the dead weight.

Exhilarating

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people are great, execs have passion, nothing but excitement and enthusiasm emanates from within
Having worked in the high-tech industry for 20+ years, only now have I felt empowered

ConsInternal tools a little wonky

Advice to Senior ManagementBreath of fresh air

Interesting place to work

Customer Development Team (Former Employee)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe starting pay was good for the time , but i believe itr may have been lowered since i worked there. Good benefits. Hiring process may be a bit awkward with multiple tests include a skill and some sort of standardized hiring test, but i understand its fairly easy to pass. Holiday parties are huge and usually a fun time, plenty of vacation and

ConsWhen i was hired I was told it was for tech support and once i was a week in it was clear it was sales based, so just be aware. you will be given enough time to pick up the swing of things but if you really don't want to do sales then any of the entry level positions aren't for you.

requirements and procedures used to constantly change, but with new investors things may have changed

One of the hardest, but most satisfying jobs I ever had.

Manager (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI had the ability to affect change on a grand scale and significant opportunity for career advancement. In 2010 the COO was 3 levels above me and KNEW me and the members of my groups. Figuring out how to work with such a huge environment was challenging and I had ample chance to feel accomplished.

ConsPart of GoDaddy's success was that the highest levels took a deep interest in what was happening bellow them. This has it's plusses, but it negatively affected in that every level of my chain of command directly contacted me for information, often the same. Raises were not given with promotions, I received very nice merit increases with review process and one market increase, but still ended my time significantly under salary for my role.

Best place to work while Bob Parsons led the company

Software Development (Former Employee)
Hiawatha, IA (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMy rating went from a 5 to a 2 in the last 3 years. While Bob ran the show, you truly felt valued as a an employee. You felt like you were an important part of delivering value to the highly valued customer. You were also encouraged to come up with new product concepts based on your experience in the marketplace and suggest ways to improve existing products. Team pride in delivering value to customers and having fun were the highest priorities. Every year the company flew-in all who were directly involved with software development for an annual TechFest in Arizona. This was an awesome opportunity to meet people in person whom you only had electronic interactions with. It was also a wonderful learning/collaoboration opportunity. Peers presented exciting new technology and provided resources for future use. There were so many valuable presentations that you could not attend them all. Eventually the presentations were captured via digital video so you could access them from the company intranet site.

ConsOnce KKR started to drive the company more and Bob Parsons faded away to the Board of Directors, uncertainty drove a dog eat dog culture. Directors in different geographic locations became more concerned about building their corner of the company and less concerned about delivering value to the customer. Re-orgs occurred more frequently and some new managers did some pretty shady things to end careers of great people. Some employees were even reprimanded for using their free time to take part in company-sponsored new product idea submission opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-instate Bob's 16 rules, get rid of managers who operate unethically and stop managing by fear.

Intense atmosphere

Inbound Sales and Support (Former Employee)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

ProsThe company does a great job of offering lots of prizes and incentives.

ConsI felt like I was working in the cube farm.

Good job to fill a temporary void but don't expect to advance or not have to sell your soul

Professional Hosting Services (Current Employee)
Gilbert, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat pay! Great Benefits! In recent times they have allowed more wiggle room to advance into different departments as well.

ConsHigh sales expectations. If you do not sale you will get fired. Company put more strict guidelines that make it harder to make a "bonus" and have a person stay on the phone for their whole shift minus a lunch and break. Unless you are a natural born salesperson I wouldn't reccomend this job to you

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is really caring but I believe that the days of saying making a certain sales numbers or get fired are over. Also open more job positions that don't require sales. If people seen that there was a future with GoDaddy they might not quit or get discouraged showing up to a futureless job.

Most of the old regime has been eradicated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible schedule with management approval.

ConsThe remnants of the old regime are still around, if not in word, in the back of some of the older management minds. Upper management is inconsistent for handling similar situations. Wait and see attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on the same page, and follow through alike. Once direction is set, don't shift focus for perceived higher impact projects.

Outbound calls on Xmas

Outbound Sales (Former Employee)
Gilbert, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople and lunch, people and lunch

ConsMakes you sell people on Xmas day and expect sales on those type days

Advice to Senior ManagementReally?

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GoDaddy reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving. All 210 reviews are posted anonymously by GoDaddy employees.