Gilt Groupe

www.gilt.com

Gilt Groupe Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Michelle Peluso

Pros
  • High energy, fast paced environment(in 7 reviews)

• Great engineering culture, very interesting challenges and you get to work with really smart people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Culture did not promote any work-life balance (in name only) which is fine if you're under 30(in 7 reviews)

• Upper management plays favorites when it comes to promotions and praise(in 4 reviews)

All good things must come to an end!

Creative Operations (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat work culture, there's always an opportunity to learn more and explore, tons of flexibility (depending on your dept).

ConsYour work/life balance will suffer, company still thinks it's in start up mode so your day to day can change at the drop of a dime, you will not be paid by industry standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter compensation, know or have a general idea of what your employees ACTUALLY do, make sure people have the proper tools and process to succeed in their roles.

Tech driven e-commerce

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsTechnologically smart and competent co-workers. Lots of opportunity and support for motivated individuals to build data driven e-commerce solutions. Offices in New York and Dublin, Ireland.

ConsCompany is stalled waiting for an IPO. Some staff appear to be just putting in their time until they can 'cash out.' The giddy days of rapid growth are over.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of 'green' managers after a cash infusion and a growth spurt need support to succeed in their new roles.

Ship/pack dept is horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

Prosnone really, other than you get a discount off the stuff they sell but so do online customers

ConsYou had a lot working against you in packing and you to make rate you had to make your own boxes and pack everything a certain way, always got sent home early and you couldn't go to another dept to work , you had to go home

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will need to be more people friendly and listen to what your employees tell you

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome people, awesome product, great culture.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat engineering culture, very interesting challenges and you get to work with really smart people

ConsYou will often fill underdressed around so many fashionistas

Must be SHADY to work for Gilt

Customer Support (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosdecent pay, relaxed dress code, nice free treats in employee kitchen.

ConsHaving to field Numerous complaints about the goods that Gilt provided and not being able to offer resolutions. Just google their customer reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on quality customer service and not just the quantity of the calls answered.

Tech/fashion startup in late-stage phase

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsStrong colleagues, friendly atmosphere, and lots of scope for individual contribution.

One-team attitude within tech, easy to find someone who's worked with whatever random technology you think might be the right tool.

ConsMore stable/resources to do interesting stuff but not growing as quickly as in the past...

Gilt is great because I love the people I work with and the office is casual.

ProsWork with some amazing people. Work/ Life balance is pretty good.

ConsCompensation is on the low end. They tend to underpay but still try to squeeze every hour from you. Promotions are at the whim of fickle managers, who promise things but do not follow through. HR is not very responsive or helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to make people work more, at least offer them more pay, instead of trying to strong arm them

Great place to grow, challenging.

Database Administrator (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsChallenging, fast paced, great people, culture, food, chance to work with different technologies and freedom to grow.

ConsNot much room to advance, but definitely a great opportunity to get the experience needed to evolve your career. As the company grows this "con" will diminish.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for everything! I would not be where I am now without the guidance and advice from my manager. Also the senior management lead by example and you feel they are on your side.

Eh..

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY (US)

ProsEveryone gets along, you'll be working alongside of the best creative people in the industry.

ConsPay is not so good.

Advice to Senior Management.

Awesome People

Prosits great place to work

Consnot much i can think of

Worked for Gilt Groupe? Contribute to the Community!