Genesis HealthCare

www.genesishcc.com

Genesis HealthCare Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Genesis HealthCare – “Kennett Clock Tower”

Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr.

George V. Hager Jr.

Pros
  • Good people to work with; flexibility; good pay(in 7 reviews)

• Close to home, great co-workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro-management on a daily basis from direct Program Manager as well as Upper Management(in 17 reviews)

• patient to staff ratio, management to focus on paperwork and not enough patient care(in 13 reviews)

Feel the burn out

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsHigh pay for new grads and if you have ever dreamed of being a well educated slave have I got the company for you.

ConsI was sold on a pack of lies, the recruiter said there would be a mentoring program. There is none. The only mentoring I received was how to run, bill non- stop, and be just ethical enough to not lose your license. You are never allowed to be tired or sick, but don't dream of calling out if you are sick, unless you want to feel the wrath of your manager. This is due to the insane pressure put on managers for productivity. Their bonuses are based on staff productivity. No raises this year either and we got to sit in on a call letting us know it's our fault. Corporate eliminated 90% of support staff you have to complete your own payroll, scheduling, & patient transport. Even with doctorates we punch time in and out for everything like it's McDonald's. 84% productivity for therapists & 89% for assistants. Contracts have decreased base hours to 35 a week to be considered full time & vacation time is pro-rated down if you don't work enough hours weekly even though you have NO control over each building's census you will loose vacation time. If you quit too soon after a vacation you have to pay back your hours. Employees are forcibly transferred after hire to buildings with higher needs. They will take away from 401 K matching if you leave before 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare a computer with 15 co-workers & tell me how your day goes.

good times, bad times, no better or worse than any other rehab company

PTA (Former Employee) Chester, PA (US)

Prosgreat place to learn your discipline, great variety of patient diagnosis.
    rehab staff is great to work with,

Consproductivity expectations are unrealistic when you consider the geriatric population is mostly sick and tired, rarely does the day go smoothly to see all patients in such a way that ensures 90% productivity.

Advice to Senior Managementspend a day in a rehab gym and experience what challenges are present that get in the way of high productivity and treating patients for unreasonably high minutes.

Great fellow employees

ProsAdministration practiced open door policy

ConsCorporate support and encouragement lacking

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company promotes values that are just what you'd hope for in a healthcare company.

Management (Current Employee)

ProsMost employees work together as a team at all levels of the organization. Compassionate and quality care is delivered 99% of the time.

ConsLimited resources due to cost constraints, but that is indicative of the industry, medical reimbursement rates need to go up in Mass. Workload expectations of employees at all levels is high.

Genesis is a very good company to work for

Housekeeper (Former Employee) Riverside, Charles, MD (US)

ProsVery good management team in Human Resources.

ConsVery slow respons to hire new empoyees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more consideration in empoying new empoyees.

What can I say!

CNA (Current Employee)

ProsNeeded a job real fast.

ConsOther Employees in the same boat!

Advice to Senior ManagementRework the system...

Genesis

ProsExcellent health care benefits. Flexibility in work schedules. At some facilities, a good atmosphere of mutual support among employees.

ConsHigh stress, low pay, especially at higher professional levels. Chronically understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a high turnover rate primarily due to work overload burnout. My guess is that any money the company gains by understaffing is lost through the constant training of new employees and customer dissatisfaction due to the instability the high turnover causes.

Enjoyed the time I spent there

Regional Director (Former Employee)

ProsAnonymity, The bar is held high but the tools are afforded to those that accept the challenge

ConsI did not find any Cons to working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore exit interviews for departing employees would be advantageous

I've been with Genesis almost 2 years and I'm still happy since I wrote my first review.

Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) Prairie Village, Johnson, KS (US)

ProsGood people to work with; flexibility; good pay

Consthe usual cons working for a medicare focused rehab company

Advice to Senior Managementsome positive comments to us when we are doing well would be nice.

Company does not care about patients or staff

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Portsmouth, NH (US)

ProsFellow staff were great and we tried to give the best care

ConsShort-staffed most of the time. Management didn't seem to care that patients were not getting the care they deserved and were paying for.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney is important but when it effects patient care and staffing then you need to hire new regional staff

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!