Garda World Security

Stéphan D. Crétier

Great Company

Current Employee - Security Supervisor
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor

Pros

Always been treated great. They have shown me great respect. They've been there when I needed help. Pretty much since day one with them I have always had full time work.

Cons

It's a big company so sometimes it takes a bit longer to get stuff. Have had very few problems with them.

No leadership

Current Employee - Pre-Board Screening Officer  in  Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - Pre-Board Screening Officer in Winnipeg, MB

Pros

The only real pro is coworkers. Pay and benefits are purely the result of union efforts.

Cons

General Manager is unqualified ( was a bartender), Check Point Managers invent policies while ignoring labour code and the CBA, so-called quality leads are unfamiliar with CATSA sop changes and are highly confrontational, employer changes schedules without telling staff, health and safety concerns are ignored. CATSA would do well to cancel current agreements with Garda.

Come interview screeners WITHOUT the local senior mangers present to get honest answers as the local mangers use fear and intimidation to suppress truth.

Shouldn't be in business, such a joke

Former Employee - Security Guard  in  Windsor, ON
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Windsor, ON

Pros

Cant think of any, non zip..

Cons

Tell you your going top get full time, then bring in more pt employee's to make sure you don't get full time, which means no benefits, 6 months, one pair of pants , one shirt, how's that for being professional, The only reason I give you one star, is because they don't have any more lower options, or you would get a minus , Garda doesnt want to send me my last check, its been a month now , and still haven't received it, going to the labour board very soon. If you want to be used to the fullest extent , try this place,, good luck you'll need it.

Get one, you sit in your office all day , why don't you visit your sites, and show some kind of leadership, again what a joke of a company...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Security guard at golf course

Former Employee - Security Guard  in  Bedford, NS
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Bedford, NS

Pros

It was easy work, not stressful or to demanding. I got to be outside in the sun all day out in the country. I never had to deal with anyone being violent or belligerent. My supervisor seemed like a nice, genuine guy

Cons

It was very boring work, mostly I just stood around. It was not fulfilling, and I definitely would not want to be doing it for the rest of my life.

Decent employment, but lots of room to improve

Current Employee - Security Guard  in  Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Hamilton, ON

Pros

Friendly management. The company values employee safety and training. Benefits are decent. Full-time employment is stable and reliable.

Cons

Hamilton area is ridiculously over-staffed. Part-time employment is abysmal. Cannot find job positions anywhere since there is a line-up of a hundred workers looking for positions ahead of you. Management rarely returns phone calls or emails. Frequent errors with payroll that take weeks to correct. Security guards are underpaid and have no room for upward growth. Majority of security guards have extremely poor language skills in an industry where clear communication is an absolute necessity.

Pay your employees a competitive wage. Stop hiring new employees when you're already over-staffed. Stop hiring under-trained and unqualified people for positions. Re-train your payroll staff.

Very Unprofessional Recruiters!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Pros

Nothing really, other than the location and free parking

Cons

Recruiters are very unprofessional, ask questions very irrelevant to position.
    Compensation offered well below market rate!

Hire people with experience to work on your Recruitment so that you can get best quality candidates hired.

Grey cup then floater then no shifts then "let go"

Former Employee - Security Guard  in  Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Toronto, ON

Pros

Got to meet some decent guards and had some relaxed sites. Uniforms are free and they offer free training, but you don't get paid for it.

Cons

Supervisors are control freaks and look for any faults. You're surrounded by uneducated people who think their cops, completely unorganized structure. No hours and you worked for minimum wage. The more experienced guards are cynical because they realized they can't be cops and they're stuck at Garda, so they end up taking it out on the newbies. You can tell no one wants to be there, even the guy who ran my orientation flat out told us he's trying to join tps. The atmosphere is just depressing and just plain negative.

What is there to say you guys offer contract security.

a little chaotic

Current Employee - Security Guard  in  Fort McMurray, AB
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Fort McMurray, AB

Pros

good place for experience, and can be employed quickly as there's always vacancies. Just get your security licence and you're good to go.

Cons

management out of touch and they dont care about employee issues. Incredibly high staff turnover, but that seems to be the norm in the security industry around here

spare a moment to listen to employee grieveances

One of the best and fastest growing

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth with the company and lots of sites to choose from.

Cons

The branch here has too many projects on the go at the same time and sometimes is late dealing with some outstanding issues

Continue to be fair to employees

Its a good company but now I am waiting for a job and I need to work

Current Employee - Security Agent  in  Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Security Agent in Montreal, QC

Pros

Its a good company but when you are new, you have to wait for a job

Cons

When you are not working, the waiting is killing me

We need a regular job

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!