Garda World Security

Add Photos

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier

Stéphan D. Crétier

Great Company

Security Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsAlways been treated great. They have shown me great respect. They've been there when I needed help. Pretty much since day one with them I have always had full time work.

ConsIt's a big company so sometimes it takes a bit longer to get stuff. Have had very few problems with them.

Shouldn't be in business, such a joke

Security Guard (Former Employee) Windsor, ON

ProsCant think of any, non zip..

ConsTell you your going top get full time, then bring in more pt employee's to make sure you don't get full time, which means no benefits, 6 months, one pair of pants , one shirt, how's that for being professional, The only reason I give you one star, is because they don't have any more lower options, or you would get a minus , Garda doesnt want to send me my last check, its been a month now , and still haven't received it, going to the labour board very soon. If you want to be used to the fullest extent , try this place,, good luck you'll need it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet one, you sit in your office all day , why don't you visit your sites, and show some kind of leadership, again what a joke of a company...

Security guard at golf course

Security Guard (Former Employee) Bedford, NS

ProsIt was easy work, not stressful or to demanding. I got to be outside in the sun all day out in the country. I never had to deal with anyone being violent or belligerent. My supervisor seemed like a nice, genuine guy

ConsIt was very boring work, mostly I just stood around. It was not fulfilling, and I definitely would not want to be doing it for the rest of my life.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent employment, but lots of room to improve

Security Guard (Current Employee) Hamilton, ON

ProsFriendly management. The company values employee safety and training. Benefits are decent. Full-time employment is stable and reliable.

ConsHamilton area is ridiculously over-staffed. Part-time employment is abysmal. Cannot find job positions anywhere since there is a line-up of a hundred workers looking for positions ahead of you. Management rarely returns phone calls or emails. Frequent errors with payroll that take weeks to correct. Security guards are underpaid and have no room for upward growth. Majority of security guards have extremely poor language skills in an industry where clear communication is an absolute necessity.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a competitive wage. Stop hiring new employees when you're already over-staffed. Stop hiring under-trained and unqualified people for positions. Re-train your payroll staff.

Very Unprofessional Recruiters!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsNothing really, other than the location and free parking

ConsRecruiters are very unprofessional, ask questions very irrelevant to position.
    Compensation offered well below market rate!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with experience to work on your Recruitment so that you can get best quality candidates hired.

Grey cup then floater then no shifts then "let go"

Security Guard (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGot to meet some decent guards and had some relaxed sites. Uniforms are free and they offer free training, but you don't get paid for it.

ConsSupervisors are control freaks and look for any faults. You're surrounded by uneducated people who think their cops, completely unorganized structure. No hours and you worked for minimum wage. The more experienced guards are cynical because they realized they can't be cops and they're stuck at Garda, so they end up taking it out on the newbies. You can tell no one wants to be there, even the guy who ran my orientation flat out told us he's trying to join tps. The atmosphere is just depressing and just plain negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is there to say you guys offer contract security.

a little chaotic

Security Guard (Current Employee) Fort McMurray, AB

Prosgood place for experience, and can be employed quickly as there's always vacancies. Just get your security licence and you're good to go.

Consmanagement out of touch and they dont care about employee issues. Incredibly high staff turnover, but that seems to be the norm in the security industry around here

Advice to Senior Managementspare a moment to listen to employee grieveances

One of the best and fastest growing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities for growth with the company and lots of sites to choose from.

ConsThe branch here has too many projects on the go at the same time and sometimes is late dealing with some outstanding issues

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be fair to employees

Its a good company but now I am waiting for a job and I need to work

Security Agent (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsIts a good company but when you are new, you have to wait for a job

ConsWhen you are not working, the waiting is killing me

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a regular job

Great for entry, but not as good as you think

Security Guard (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros-Provides steady income
    -looks good on resume
    -solid company polices, most things on the book

if you ever come up to a chance for a better employment opportunity, which you will, go for it, do not think Garda will treat you well, its the same as every other company even if, and especially because it is the largest company right now. Pay and job title speaks words, company name speak little.

Cons-office politics when it comes to complaints and something needs to be done
    -poor benifits package
    -integrity to the company is punished
    -you have to consider the union fees in your wage

if you are about to do something site or company general approved of but not on paper, make sure you do it smartly, do not get caught, company will never save you for your integrity to the company.
    if there is ever some sticky situation, if you can do something about it, and if you can choose not to, just don't do it, call mobile, call the client, don't get your own hands dirty because of it, the union, the company DOES NOT have your back covered.

Advice to Senior Managementpreference to seniority, even when they are in the wrong is never the best idea. If they can, they will, don't forget that.

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!