G2 USA

www.g2.com

G2 USA Reviews

Updated Jul 02, 2014

Harvey Kipnis

Pros
  • Some very smart account people and talented hard working creatives (in 5 reviews)

• G2 has some very bright and talented people across a range of disciplines (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Upper Management, No respect for employees (in 7 reviews)

• Politics with upper management and or lack of communication (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, until all the great people left

Account (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsPre-merger there were some very talented creatives, strategy and account team members.

ConsThe merger was handled as badly as it could have been. Severe lack of communication, intentionally evasive behavior caused a mass exodus. Employees who stayed through the mass exodus were not valued for staying.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over. Recruit. Pay a decent salary for the job. Don't do mass layoffs before you merge and then expect people to stay.

Managing Director

Managing Director (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat client roster of blue chip companies, above average compensation. Good inter-disciplinary team of strategists, creatives, project managers, analytic specialists and production professionals.

ConsVery demanding senior management - very focused on revenue and profitability vs. meeting client needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your clients' interests first and the business will grow. Provide more training opportunities and embrace emerging technology trends.

Sinking Ship

ProsGood Hard working people

ConsTerrible Upper Management, No respect for employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sinking Ship

Technology (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsMost of the employees were good people. The pay was not terrible. The location (which has since changed) was great.

ConsManagement didn't seem to know what they were doing. There was no communication at all. We would get messages stating "Big News Coming Soon" then never hear anything again. Important information like changing of benefits was included in mass corporate emails with no type of personal follow up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your ship in order. Don't profess there will be big news just because the company is invited back to a pitch. Don't do thinks like take away someones insurance when they have a pregnant wife.

One of my favorite work experiences. The people made the place.

Principal Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood People, Fun Work, Nice Office

ConsNo loyalty to employees. When project work was done, if there was no work employees were laid off

Good colleagues, terrible Sr. Leadership

Strategist (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsLots of job experience and variety of clients.

ConsPoor Sr. Leadership, communication, career pathing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop bickering and fighting trying to scratch out your fiefdoms.

Great learning experience

Business Development (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsLots of Talent. Great teamwork environment. Even though some nights were late, it was almost fun to work there

ConsHigh turnover because management didn't really know how to manage at the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with younger people - we have ideas!

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood offices, fun work environment, gone too soon

ConsWish the LA office had lasted longer.

G2 is not a great place to work.

Account Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosfun people
    cool location (when it was in the flatiron district)

Conspoor management
    very title oriented
    senior management ignores issues that are brought to their attention

Toxic Atmosphere Since the Move & Restructuring

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsOne of the best parts of G2 was its location in the Flatiron. That all changed with the restructuring and name change to Geometry Global and ultimately it's move to The Chocolate Factory - 636 11th Ave. The Chocolate Factory is not being utilized by Geometry Global nor are its perks being fully communicated to employees. Currently I am not sure there are any pros at Geometry Global. Possibly company culture and work/life balance is still one of its strengths, but it's too early to tell. The move and restructuring has certainly changed things and not for the best.

ConsCertainly a lot of cons since the move. There has been almost no communication of any kind since the move from any of the company's executives. CEO Harvey Kipnis has been practically silent and there have been neither encouraging words nor praise how well everyone has adapted and been pitching in with the difficulties the office move placed on everyone - none. Employee morale is at an all-time low and it's getting worse every day. Employees are resigning at a staggering pace and no one seems concerned about retention. The atmosphere is dour and almost toxic. While there has always been an imbalance between upper management and the employees of G2 it seems to have gotten worse since Geometry Global was born. Executives act like spoiled brats, literally throwing temper tantrums when and if they are even around. There are a few executives who should be let go or should resign for the good of the company and who knows maybe that will even happen with the transition that is taking place. Along this line one of the most troubling aspects of Geometry Global is its CFO wields too much power and in many ways really is the CEO. This must change for the good of the company. Ultimately Geometry Global must jettison bad eggs who are bringing the company down and driving great talent away. There is so much potential that ultimately remains stymied by ego and politics. In the long run the restructuring under the Ogilvy family, the merger with Ogilvy Action and JWT Action and moving to The Chocolate Factory will go down as one of the worst business decisions in advertising history.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your people. Since the Executive Director of Corporate Communications was fired you have left your greatest assets, the employees of Geometry Global, in the dark even more so than before. No one knows what is going on and Town Hall Meetings every two months aren't cutting it. The intercompany website needs updated - so do it. Reward employees who deserve it and get rid of the ones who are nothing but trouble and please do the same with yourselves. Have an anonymous suggestion box where folks can safely share ideas and begin to implement some of those ideas. Stop rewarding lousy executives and start communicating with your people.

Worked for G2 USA? Contribute to the Community!