Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros:
  • "Company also has very flexible hours and a nice work/life balance"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Fair work environment, interesting projects"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is no mentoring, no career path, no benefit to the long term career minded consultant"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The senior management tells their employees one thing, but their action is completely opposite"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Relaxed government IT consulting

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Quebec, QC

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy work, short hours, everybody is very friendly. The office is a very new building that is well situated. Pay is slightly above average for quebec city.

ConsIncreasingly, decisions are taken from the USA main headquarters, many highly skilled employees are leaving. Budgets are tight and that's not fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more interesting projects to work on.

Last 10 Years.. Good to Bad to Awful

Director (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere's only two good things about Fujitsu. It's a big name to put on your resume and most positions let you work from home if needed.

ConsSpending freezes, 1 to 2 % delayed raises, fixed performance reviews, no opportunities for advancement, no social functions and old boys club mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe innovative, make a difference and get your head out of the sand!

Poor prospects for the future

Consultant (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 8 years

Prosmacroscope is a useful tool for the practitioner

ConsBusiness model just does not make sense; they do not provide value to support the rates they charge. This limits opportunity. What opportunities they generate will go to new hires, offshore or the development site.

Think of it as the worst of both world in terms of the employee/consultant range of possibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the value propisition and improve opportunities for practitioners, this means smaller jobs at smaller margins to develop opportunities.

One of the best places to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood work life balance. Friendly people that are genuinely willing to help. It is a great company if you are looking for 9-5 stability. Nothing out of the ordinary happens here. Probably one of the greatest things is the scope of work you are able to do. Makes the job challenging and time go by quickly.

ConsNo defined career path. I found it very difficult to get ahead in this company. I could move horizontally but that was not what I wanted. I would assume I could obtain this through attrition but I wasn't willing to wait this long.

The company has many different divisions that do not work collectively. As such you have a big company that does not leverage the collective ability of the organization creating a barrier for continued growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on incentives that promote collective work. Creating marcom slogans like 'think globally, act locally' mean nothing when it is not represented in the company itself. The N/A divisions need to be more innovative, too complacent, and are playing catch up half the time.

Ok place to work

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for less than a year

ProsHas lots of good online resources and training materials for employees. Lots of big, long term projects with various companies, but some do not require the most advanced/up-to-date skillsets.

ConsNot much company culture because teams are dispersed everywhere (but good attempts lately to change that). Tends to promote a proprietary methodology of Macroscope, which feels a bit cumbersome and document-heavy sometimes. Feels that attempts to update it last year could've been more. And maybe it should be promoted more outside the company so it doesn't feel so proprietary.

Channel Developement Executive-Mobile Division

Channel Development Executive-Mobile Division (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood People, Friendly atmosphere, great solutions

ConsUnfortunately there is a huge Silo-effect within business units and internal management conflicts, that affect the Fujitsu value proposition and team efficiencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove management skills (VP of Sales for each Business Unit) and break down the silo-walls/ internal management conflicts. Fujitsu has great solutions, but the barriers for future growth in Canada are limited because of the executive team and their poor leadership qualities and dislike for each other.

Good company with good administrator. You can go far if you want to work hard.

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee)
Quebec, QC

I have been working at Fujitsu

ProsGood community and good administrators. Many ressources available. Infinite possibilities if you want to put a lot of effort. Good healthcare program.

ConsSometimes, you can get tiny salary raise even if you have one of the best performance review. Fujitsu Japan seems to be very demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't be too strict with salaries. People doesn't want to be discouraged and frustrated. A happy employee perform better han an unhappy employee.

Great to work for

SAP Consultant (Current Employee)
Noida (India)

tranings

Consbit lack of progress
lack of new work
politics

Business was not stable enough to keep staff

Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee)
Portland, ME (US)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVaried experiences, something new every day. With the wide range of customers you could find yourself working on a large base of technology both new and old.

ConsLow Compensation, Quick to change staffing levels as customer base was not solid. There wasn't much communication on what the company was doing except communication with your direct supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on maintaining staff levels to avoid layoffs/turnover

Staff are extremely nice and innovation is encouraged. A pleasure to work for

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Fujitsu as a contractor for less than a year

ProsCollaborative and friendly working environment. There are no big ego's, all staff from intern to director level engage with each other and share ideas. Internal applications are encouraged for open positions. Good career growth opportunities

ConsAs with any globally known company, Fujitsu has a reputation to uphold so it can be difficult to get traction for an idea if there is any perceived risk that could damage that rep. Internally, there's a lot of red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. A new management team has been installed at my location and so far they have performed extremely well.

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fujitsu reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Fujitsu CEO Masami Yamamoto. All 193 reviews are posted anonymously by Fujitsu employees.