Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed(in 18 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not clear pay scale, no clear career path(in 7 reviews)

• The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor(in 4 reviews)

Relaxed government IT consulting

Software Developer (Current Employee) Quebec, QC

ProsEasy work, short hours, everybody is very friendly. The office is a very new building that is well situated. Pay is slightly above average for quebec city.

ConsIncreasingly, decisions are taken from the USA main headquarters, many highly skilled employees are leaving. Budgets are tight and that's not fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more interesting projects to work on.

Last 10 Years.. Good to Bad to Awful

Director (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsThere's only two good things about Fujitsu. It's a big name to put on your resume and most positions let you work from home if needed.

ConsSpending freezes, 1 to 2 % delayed raises, fixed performance reviews, no opportunities for advancement, no social functions and old boys club mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe innovative, make a difference and get your head out of the sand!

Poor prospects for the future

Consultant (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

Prosmacroscope is a useful tool for the practitioner

ConsBusiness model just does not make sense; they do not provide value to support the rates they charge. This limits opportunity. What opportunities they generate will go to new hires, offshore or the development site.

Think of it as the worst of both world in terms of the employee/consultant range of possibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the value propisition and improve opportunities for practitioners, this means smaller jobs at smaller margins to develop opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best places to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGood work life balance. Friendly people that are genuinely willing to help. It is a great company if you are looking for 9-5 stability. Nothing out of the ordinary happens here. Probably one of the greatest things is the scope of work you are able to do. Makes the job challenging and time go by quickly.

ConsNo defined career path. I found it very difficult to get ahead in this company. I could move horizontally but that was not what I wanted. I would assume I could obtain this through attrition but I wasn't willing to wait this long.

The company has many different divisions that do not work collectively. As such you have a big company that does not leverage the collective ability of the organization creating a barrier for continued growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on incentives that promote collective work. Creating marcom slogans like 'think globally, act locally' mean nothing when it is not represented in the company itself. The N/A divisions need to be more innovative, too complacent, and are playing catch up half the time.

Ok place to work

Software Developer (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsHas lots of good online resources and training materials for employees. Lots of big, long term projects with various companies, but some do not require the most advanced/up-to-date skillsets.

ConsNot much company culture because teams are dispersed everywhere (but good attempts lately to change that). Tends to promote a proprietary methodology of Macroscope, which feels a bit cumbersome and document-heavy sometimes. Feels that attempts to update it last year could've been more. And maybe it should be promoted more outside the company so it doesn't feel so proprietary.

Channel Developement Executive-Mobile Division

Channel Development Executive-Mobile Division (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGood People, Friendly atmosphere, great solutions

ConsUnfortunately there is a huge Silo-effect within business units and internal management conflicts, that affect the Fujitsu value proposition and team efficiencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove management skills (VP of Sales for each Business Unit) and break down the silo-walls/ internal management conflicts. Fujitsu has great solutions, but the barriers for future growth in Canada are limited because of the executive team and their poor leadership qualities and dislike for each other.

Good company with good administrator. You can go far if you want to work hard.

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Quebec, QC

ProsGood community and good administrators. Many ressources available. Infinite possibilities if you want to put a lot of effort. Good healthcare program.

ConsSometimes, you can get tiny salary raise even if you have one of the best performance review. Fujitsu Japan seems to be very demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't be too strict with salaries. People doesn't want to be discouraged and frustrated. A happy employee perform better han an unhappy employee.

Sales director in region

Sales Director (Former Employee) Tashkent (Uzbekistan)

ProsGood place to work. Quality of product. Loyality of partners high

ConsR&D and sales department goes in differen ways

Advice to Senior Managementbetter communication between structures. For example - to sell Fujitsu scanners you have to go in another company - not to Fujitsu representative.

Stable organization with steady growth.

Sales (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros1.Stable working environment.
    2. Work life balanced.
    3. Friendly coworkers.

Cons1. Tedious internal proces.
    2. Frequent re-structure and high turn over rate.
    3. Lacking of aggressiveness to the market.
    4. No ownership for design making or execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease focus on the company product marketing strategy and hire more talented people who have visions and ambitions.

Fujitsu

ECM Consultant (Current Employee) Lisbon (Portugal)

ProsBenefits like parking, health assurance, car allowance

ConsThe work environment is very unproductive

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!