Fujitsu Reviews

Updated 15 April, 2015
253 reviews filtered by
Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto
Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed (in 22 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 5 reviews)

• Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

1. Relaxed government IT consulting

Current Employee - Software Developer in Quebec, QC
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Quebec, QC

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy work, short hours, everybody is very friendly. The office is a very new building that is well situated. Pay is slightly above average for quebec city.

Cons

Increasingly, decisions are taken from the USA main headquarters, many highly skilled employees are leaving. Budgets are tight and that's not fun.

Advice to Management

Get more interesting projects to work on.

Last 10 Years.. Good to Bad to Awful

Current Employee - Director in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Director in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There's only two good things about Fujitsu. It's a big name to put on your resume and most positions let you work from home if needed.

Cons

Spending freezes, 1 to 2 % delayed raises, fixed performance reviews, no opportunities for advancement, no social functions and old boys club mentality.

Advice to Management

Be innovative, make a difference and get your head out of the sand!

3. Poor prospects for the future

Current Employee - Consultant in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

macroscope is a useful tool for the practitioner

Cons

Business model just does not make sense; they do not provide value to support the rates they charge. This limits opportunity. What opportunities they generate will go to new hires, offshore or the development site.

Think of it as the worst of both world in terms of the employee/consultant range of possibilities.

Advice to Management

Work on the value propisition and improve opportunities for practitioners, this means smaller jobs at smaller margins to develop opportunities.

5. One of the best places to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance. Friendly people that are genuinely willing to help. It is a great company if you are looking for 9-5 stability. Nothing out of the ordinary happens here. Probably one of the greatest things is the scope of work you are able to do. Makes the job challenging and time go by quickly.

Cons

No defined career path. I found it very difficult to get ahead in this company. I could move horizontally but that was not what I wanted. I would assume I could obtain this through attrition but I wasn't willing to wait this long.

The company has many different divisions that do not work collectively. As such you have a big company that does not leverage the collective ability of the organization creating a barrier for continued growth.

Advice to Management

Focus on incentives that promote collective work. Creating marcom slogans like 'think globally, act locally' mean nothing when it is not represented in the company itself. The N/A divisions need to be more innovative, too complacent, and are playing catch up half the time.

Ok place to work

Current Employee - Software Developer in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Has lots of good online resources and training materials for employees. Lots of big, long term projects with various companies, but some do not require the most advanced/up-to-date skillsets.

Cons

Not much company culture because teams are dispersed everywhere (but good attempts lately to change that). Tends to promote a proprietary methodology of Macroscope, which feels a bit cumbersome and document-heavy sometimes. Feels that attempts to update it last year could've been more. And maybe it should be promoted more outside the company so it doesn't feel so proprietary.

7. Channel Developement Executive-Mobile Division

Former Contractor - Channel Development Executive-Mobile Division in Toronto, ON

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good People, Friendly atmosphere, great solutions

Cons

Unfortunately there is a huge Silo-effect within business units and internal management conflicts, that affect the Fujitsu value proposition and team efficiencies.

Advice to Management

Improve management skills (VP of Sales for each Business Unit) and break down the silo-walls/ internal management conflicts. Fujitsu has great solutions, but the barriers for future growth in Canada are limited because of the executive team and their poor leadership qualities and dislike for each other.

8. Good company with good administrator. You can go far if you want to work hard.

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Quebec, QC
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Quebec, QC

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Good community and good administrators. Many ressources available. Infinite possibilities if you want to put a lot of effort. Good healthcare program.

Cons

Sometimes, you can get tiny salary raise even if you have one of the best performance review. Fujitsu Japan seems to be very demanding.

Advice to Management

Please don't be too strict with salaries. People doesn't want to be discouraged and frustrated. A happy employee perform better han an unhappy employee.

9. IT Helpdesk (Live Nation) (Ticketmaster) (JetBlue)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)

I worked at Fujitsu

Pros

Laid-back atmosphere, good entry level position.

Cons

Underpaid employment and favoritism. You can have 95% closing ticket ratio but you will never see a raise. (S&C) $16.00 an hour

Advice to Management

Train your employees better. Input a better knowledge base system.

10. ITIL Process Controller

Former Employee - ITIL Process Controller in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - ITIL Process Controller in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and a Wage a little above average.
    Very good facilities and great location.

Cons

The People Management, as well as Management in general is not satisfactory. This is return can cause employees to lose drive and motivation over time.

Advice to Management

Management at all levels requires great improvement.
    Also I believe that every employee should be given a fair chance to progress their career. I mean that Management should consider each individual's Performance, rather than the Time they've been working at Fujitsu.
    All Workers should be treated as Human Beings, who have a Life of their own outside the office. Not treated as "Numbers" or "Acquired Items" that can be easily "Disposed" of.

11. Best career move I ever made.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

I have worked for Fujitsu for around 9 years. I have had the opportunity to work on a number of different projects from small implementations to one of the largest Oracle implementations in UK. I joined after a long career in the public sector and was grateful to be taken on without previous private sector consulting experience. I have an excellent mentor who has helped me develop my Oracle skills and consolidate my knowledge. You have to be a self-starter and not wait to be told what to do. Coming from the civil service where the chain of command is much more rigid, this can be a bit disconcerting at first.
    The organisation is family friendly and sensitive to the personal needs of it's employees. The working atmosphere is excellent, staff are friendly, helpful and have a real desire to do the best for the customer.

Cons

I think the first couple of months can be a bit daunting if your job involves remote working. You may not meet all of your team members for some time and one can feel isolated. The solution is to keep in touch with team members by phone, Lync etc.

Fujitsu Photos

Shiodome City Center, where the Fujitsu headquarter offices are located, in Tokyo (Photo attributed to Lombroso - )
Free Coffee