Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed(in 18 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not clear pay scale, no clear career path(in 7 reviews)

• The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor(in 4 reviews)

ITs Ok.. Good work culture and flexibility

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGet a good project to work and good people. It has good culture and time flexibility.

ConsNo Good opportunities and onsite.

Company with no integrity

Manager (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsIf you don't like challenge ; business is bad so work is less. You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed.

ConsDoesn't pay commission on time, appoints wrong people to management, retrenches employees who actually do work but keep employees that do nothing and play politics

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourself. And get serious about listening to your employees. Listen to the real people who do the real job.

Senior Marketing Manger Strategic Planning Office

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsThis division has since changed its name to Fujitsu Frontech North America. The best reasons to work here are the benefits.

ConsThis division has struggled for years creating POS systems and solutions that are not distinguishable from the competition. Management lacks real experience in the North American Market.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire management team with US Retail experience. Current management is very lacking in this area and it shows throughout the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not what you'd expect from a Global Company

SCO (Current Employee)

ProsPeople who work in my department are great and have a great out look on life.
    Team works well under pressure and works well together

ConsNot organised at all, company doesn't have any skills for integrating new staff.
    Training is not provided in most cases and on going assessments do not happen. In 4 years of working here myself and many others in our department have not had 121's.
    Yearly objectives are often published in the 4thQ and are not SMART.
    Pay is is not balanced, it is not based on skill or ability, you can all be doing the same role, but pay can be to £5000 difference between members of the same team.
    Team members appraises are biased and not a true reflection on the work an employee has done, managers are excepting other peoples work as evidence that other people exceeded expectations!

This probably isn't how most of Fujitsu operates, but it is certainly how my department operates.

there are no career opportunities, there are plenty of positions posted but most have already been assigned to people and the posting of the opportunity is nothing more than going through the motions and paying lip service.

Work and Life balance?
    Our Team has had people leave on long term sick and maternity, too which no additional staff were employed to cover these hours, so the remaining team had to do 1 in 1 out weekends and longer shifts in the week to cover the hours and the work load.
    Currently we are still working every other weekend on 12 hour shifts.

Management
    Office management:
     weak skill base no people skills and are just a waste of money we have more managers on our floor than we have staff and each of those managers have at least 2 team leaders.

If you want to reduce costs thats where you should start!

I wouldn't recommend as an employer to a friend as I would like to keep my friends

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be better organisation across the company, we certainly need to become more IT based after all we should practice what we preach.
    Staff need to be motivated by targets that have company benefits as well as employee benefits, setting the bar too high results in a lack of motivation across employees.

Pay needs to reflect employees skills and attributes, not based on a line managers opinion.

Overwhelmingly positive

ProsOffered to work in Japan.
    Payed flights and accommodation.
    Friendly staff.

ConsWorking in Japan can be tough.

SR. It Consultant

ProsNice Culture, good project . And main thing Job Security.

ConsBring some more project in .NET

Too many employee turnover rate

Tier I Desktop Support (Former Employee) Richardson, TX (US)

ProsThe position is very easy. They offer overtime from time to time.

ConsIt seems they would hire just about anyone off the streets to be in their call center regardless of their experiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some quality people

Project Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany friendly colleagues, nice office

ConsExtreme cost cutting, lots of overtime work

Platinum Level Consultant

Platinum Level Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsIndependence and ability to work your own career. Very little management oversight. Able to write your own ticket. If you like to work directly with clients and deal one on on, then they will encourage it.

ConsYour simply a body. There is no mentoring, no career path, no benefit to the long term career minded consultant. The pure consulting arm isn't really sure where they want to grow and rarely can compete with other companies that keep a strong bench.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your consultants help drive achievement and direction. They are your ONLY asset. The bench is your responsibility to help

Nice people but not too much community

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsThe projects I worked on were all very interesting, and I enjoyed working with the people in my team. Good mentorship from more senior employees, and generally, people are very friendly. Company also has very flexible hours and a nice work/life balance.

ConsWhere I was working, it tended to be a lot of older employees, so it's not a great place to work as a young person. Additionally, there's not too much culture within the company. Employees don't know very much about each other's personal lives and don't interact outside of company grounds.

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!