Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.

www.fredloya.com

Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jun 08, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fred Loya Jr

It was very professional. Yet stressful.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsIt helps you discover that you are able to multitask. The environment is so professional that when you go to another job they actually ask you to relax.

ConsThey have an opened schedule, and they take advantage of it. Fred will literally become your life. They are always changing procedure. They cannot sick to one thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't blame someone just because they made a mistake since every other week the company keep changing procedures.

A good place to start, but...

Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

Pros-Opportunity for a better paying job for younger individuals ( Hire between 18-23 )
    -Good starting point for a professional career
    -Hours fit most University schedules

Cons-Urealistic goals and expectations
    -Unexpected pay cuts due to "errors"
    -Extremely difficult to move up within company unless you are in the manager's clique
    -Hiring preference to good-looking women or spanish speakers regardless of experience, attitude, or work ethic.

Due to conflicts with my school schedule I asked for my two weeks. Showed up to work the next day to find I was terminated that same night. Thanks to that I was not able to pay my bills. If you are going to resign make sure you have an immediate plan of action.

Advice to Senior Management-Be more considerate towards your employees. Hiring young does not mean that we are minimum wage workers. We work hard for our licenses and maintaining great customer service. Your unusual guidelines upset customers, as well as the fact that they don't have many choices for removing unwanted coverages just so that you make more money.

Don't waste your time here

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Escondido, CA (US)

ProsThere are no pros working here

Cons6 day work week. bad pay, dumb managers, bad product and dumb rules.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They work you till you drop

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) East Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsThey pay weekly and decent $12.00 an hour job for people who just started working in the insurance industry.

ConsFirst they make stand up every time a client walks in and when they leave you have to say good bye or else you get suspended for a day without pay. Second they make you pass out flyers like a flyer boy when its slow. Third you watch a video of the CEO of the company and you have to love the company otherwise you can get written up. Don't believe me, work for them and find out.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can work as an agent and get paid the same as a manager does here.

claims support agent

Claims Support Agent (Current Employee) El Paso, TX (US)

Prossome discrimination for employes without relatives in the company, dont let you grow at least if your the boss friend or relative

Consto much preshure for the salary they offer

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of the good employes not only becouse some are the supervisor friend discrimination for those arent will never grow if your manager friend dont like you

This company is just ridiculous. Stay away at all cost.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsDon't expect a lot of perks working for this company. Only good thing going nowadays is a steady paycheck. We'll see how long that lasts.

ConsEverything is wrong with this company starting with upper management. They love playing the blame game, always pointing fingers at everyone. Just fix the problem and make sure it doesn't happen again. Everyone in Texas is "superior" to all the employees in other states. If by "superior" they mean less educated and more ignorant. Promotions are hard to come by and if you get one... Be prepared to work 80 hour weeks as a salaried overtime exempt employee without sufficient compensation. Vacation time sucks for the first 5 years and 5 sick days only per year and you will need a doctor's note each day.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter take care of your hard working and loyal employees. Otherwise there will be an exodus of good employees. You might be able to replace anyone but you might not be able to replace the quality of work.

Horrible!! Most unprofessional place I have ever experienced.

Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) Escondido, CA (US)

ProsWeekly Pay
    Paid Training
    Office was close to home

ConsVery unprofessional.
    Unrealistic Goals
    6 day work week
    No overtime
    Incompetent management
    No respect for employee

I worked for Fred Loya for less than a year, they did not tell me that you are required to work 6 days straight until my second week of employment. You can only make more than $12/hr if all the CSR's in the office are meeting their goals also.They offer low coverage for high premium which makes it difficult to sell, Management is never around when you need them. Don't apply here, this is not a job that you can make into a career. No room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees. Make the pay rate based off individual performance, not on a group.

Over all received the training/experience needed to move on to bigger/better company,not a long term company.

Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsGreat if your not licensed and have no insurance adjuster experience as they will train and license you for the first 3 years.

ConsThey don't care at all about the employees,only Fred Loya has the power to make changes. Its his way or the highway.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the employees who haved been there for the long haul and have helped pave the way for e company and don't fire good Djusters for little petty mistakes.

Poor Management Skills

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsGood pay. good work environment.

Consschedule, marketing, no overtime, long hours

Advice to Senior Managementlook over manages more than your csr.

Horroble crazy they do not care about their employees is all about them no good pay and hours are suck in houston

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosgood at my Job good coworkers aswell

ConsManegment whas never around when need it

Worked for Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!