Forward Air

Add Photos

Bruce A. Campbell

Lack of Balance, Terrible Management

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsPay is good, nice bonus structure, good benefits--insurance, matching 401k and discounted stock, sales team gets phone allowance, mileage compensation.

ConsVery little balance, long hours, only 1 week vacation for first 3 years, mid-level management has a total double standard--'do as I say, not as I do' attitude, upper management is totally out of touch.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider giving more time off to allow employees more balance between work/home life. Take the time to look closer at mid-level management--my regional sales manager was a disgusting, racist, sexist pig and left the company open to liability.

Easiest Job On The Planet

Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsSimple job, good pay, good management team. This job is all what you put into it. Work hard, you get paid. Benefits are a lot more affordable than a lot of other places I've worked. No weekends required. Area Manager has a genuine level of concern for his employees. Pay has been good.

ConsLimited career advancement oppurtunities. That's about it.

Very good experience......great managers, great people!

Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsFast Paced, growing company with a bright future!

ConsCould use some more formal training, not just OJT.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Minor league company

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsYou are paid weekly, have decent benefits, and have the option to purchase stock after a year at a discount. Your insurance is good for a month if you leave around the first of the month. If you leave close to the end, you lose it at the end of the month. So, if you are planning on leaving, do it at the 1st of the month.

ConsThis is for the Solutions side. If you are interested in working here, run in the opposite direction. Upper management has no clue about ethics, integrity, or conflict resolution. The operations are filthy, (graveyard of trucks, broken toilets, and piles of broken pallets) and the company only wants non degree types for management. No training for outside folks. One poster had mentioned that FAS was using non-English workers. This is true in the east as they can save on labor costs. Bottom line is all that counts, even if it means lying to the customers. The company is not willing to fix the underlying problems nor will they want you to point them out. By the way, drivers, no pay increases for you. Contractors, you can get termed for the simplest thing without warning or appeal. An employee's job is never safe, and don't think that you are new that they will not make you a scapegoat for uncovering massive failures.
    There is no support staff, the support functions are performed by Freight employees who do not care about Solutions for the most part.
    The company as a whole is more focused on the Freight side then Solutions.
    Overall, the majority of the people working for FAS are miserable working here. I wished I never came here.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on conflict resolution. Increase audits and hire professionals to run the company. Start leadership training.

Use and abuse

ProsThe only good thing is that there are good loyal dock workers besides all the abuse. They stay besides all the threats of being fired.

ConsHave in their own laws management cannot curse to employees ,yet cursing is in almost every sentence and employees are constantly getting put down and disrespected. A night supervisor curses out customers and drivers, i wouldn't be surprised if those drivers come back and go postal because of him. Human resource does nothing to help it goes in one ear and out the other

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat you employees as the human beings and woth respect.

Job has no potential!!!

Cargo Handler (Current Employee) Des Plaines, IL (US)

Prosthe Benifits and the pay

ConsThe dock manager is a moron.He puts all his family and friends in positions of power.He treats the dockmen like garbage and has no compassion for anything that goes on in someones life!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou both are terrible to work for and should be fired!!!

It was an new and excellent experience

Cargo Handler (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

Prosgreat pay and flexible schedule

Consa lot of people didn't do the job assigned to them

Not a good place to work.

Warehouse (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsPays weekly, thats hire anyone with a bad background.

Cons1. Baltimore location is or has fired all americans and want only latins
    2. No way to move up; only hire out siders.
    3. Base your speed off a computer not; the facts of looking for miss routes.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management need to have college degrees not high school diploma

Excellent work conditions and a great team to be a pert of all being ruined by corporate greed

Dockworker (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsSuch a great atmosphere Always a positive energy in the air along with a good vibe which makes the work day go so much smoother and its rare to see that in a warehouse environment

ConsSupervisors are so quick to point out the little things that need improvement, that's because the more important things like load factor and cut off times for certain destinations have never been a problem, and when we ask for a raise they never give us a straight answer. I don't mind going another year without a raise all I'm asking for is an explanation on why raises won't be given this year. We deserve that much at least

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the few years I been working here I've seen a lot of people come and go most of them being the best dockworkers this terminal has ever seen and little by little they keep losing great employees. if corporate approved on decent raises then maybe people will stop quitting. But there to busy buying out there competitors so it must've slipped there mind. Good Job Guys

Its a perfect balance between life and work

Software Developer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsFlexible, Understanding, Less work load, Good managers, bonuses

ConsSmall teams, Less growth, Less challenging work

Worked for Forward Air? Contribute to the Community!