Forward Air

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bruce A. Campbell

Easiest Job On The Planet

Dock Supervisor (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at Forward Air full-time for more than a year

ProsSimple job, good pay, good management team. This job is all what you put into it. Work hard, you get paid. Benefits are a lot more affordable than a lot of other places I've worked. No weekends required. Area Manager has a genuine level of concern for his employees. Pay has been good.

ConsLimited career advancement oppurtunities. That's about it.

Very good experience......great managers, great people!

Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Forward Air full-time for less than a year

ProsFast Paced, growing company with a bright future!

ConsCould use some more formal training, not just OJT.

Minor league company

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Forward Air full-time for more than a year

ProsYou are paid weekly, have decent benefits, and have the option to purchase stock after a year at a discount. Your insurance is good for a month if you leave around the first of the month. If you leave close to the end, you lose it at the end of the month. So, if you are planning on leaving, do it at the 1st of the month.

ConsThis is for the Solutions side. If you are interested in working here, run in the opposite direction. Upper management has no clue about ethics, integrity, or conflict resolution. The operations are filthy, (graveyard of trucks, broken toilets, and piles of broken pallets) and the company only wants non degree types for management. No training for outside folks. One poster had mentioned that FAS was using non-English workers. This is true in the east as they can save on labor costs. Bottom line is all that counts, even if it means lying to the customers. The company is not willing to fix the underlying problems nor will they want you to point them out. By the way, drivers, no pay increases for you. Contractors, you can get termed for the simplest thing without warning or appeal. An employee's job is never safe, and don't think that you are new that they will not make you a scapegoat for uncovering massive failures.
There is no support staff, the support functions are performed by Freight employees who do not care about Solutions for the most part.
The company as a whole is more focused on the Freight side then Solutions.
Overall, the majority of the people working for FAS are miserable working here. I wished I never came here.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on conflict resolution. Increase audits and hire professionals to run the company. Start leadership training.

Use and abuse

I have been working at Forward Air

ProsThe only good thing is that there are good loyal dock workers besides all the abuse. They stay besides all the threats of being fired.

ConsHave in their own laws management cannot curse to employees ,yet cursing is in almost every sentence and employees are constantly getting put down and disrespected. A night supervisor curses out customers and drivers, i wouldn't be surprised if those drivers come back and go postal because of him. Human resource does nothing to help it goes in one ear and out the other

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat you employees as the human beings and woth respect.

Job has no potential!!!

Cargo Handler (Current Employee)
Des Plaines, IL (US)

Prosthe Benifits and the pay

ConsThe dock manager is a moron.He puts all his family and friends in positions of power.He treats the dockmen like garbage and has no compassion for anything that goes on in someones life!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou both are terrible to work for and should be fired!!!

It was an new and excellent experience

Cargo Handler (Current Employee)
Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Forward Air full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat pay and flexible schedule

Consa lot of people didn't do the job assigned to them

Not a good place to work.

Warehouse (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Forward Air part-time for more than a year

ProsPays weekly, thats hire anyone with a bad background.

Cons1. Baltimore location is or has fired all americans and want only latins
2. No way to move up; only hire out siders.
3. Base your speed off a computer not; the facts of looking for miss routes.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management need to have college degrees not high school diploma

Its a perfect balance between life and work

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Forward Air full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexible, Understanding, Less work load, Good managers, bonuses

ConsSmall teams, Less growth, Less challenging work

Morally bankrupt

OpsMgr (Former Employee)
Greensboro, NC (US)

I worked at Forward Air full-time for more than a year

ProsReally, the only aspect I liked at FAS was the handful of decent employees. But, that was the 5%. Definitely not enough to keep me.

ConsOMG...too many to list. Employee to employee violence. Unsafe conditions. I reported into an employer who does not empower the Management team. I was constantly undermined and never awarded the authority/autonomy to make this a great place to work. We never gave any employees a raise. We dangled FT employment as a carrot to get "more" out of employees but rarely rewarded. Top performers were given more hours, but still at a low pay rate. The supervisory staff were assigned based on "best available option" rather than actually seeking out the most qualified employees. I have never been associated with a Company so morally deplorable. I truly wish I had NEVER accepted this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally, I could give tons of advice. But, FAS is very clear that they are not interested.

Depends on the day

Dockworker (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Forward Air full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSome nice people work there who are willing to help. Really cool workers.

ConsNo one from the office seems to actually be out on the dock and see what actually happens. Most people place more freight on the contractor drivers and offer no help to them at all, only a select few people know where the freight is located at, if you need to go to the restroom you need to get a card key to be let out. Everything is scattered throughout the warehouse making it almost impossible to get to sometimes, no palletjacks and only 2 forklifts available to be able to get the drivers freight ready. Barely any room to build pallets. Almost like a maze to get a forklift through all the freight, and waste of time to be on the forklift trying to maneuver through a bunch of obstacles getting to a drivers truck when they have to be out at a certain point and time.

Advice to Senior Managementfor marketing for limited why not get some kind of basket with wheels on it to put all the big posters and marketing for a specific route in so it's not a mess and everyone knows where the marketing is. Also before you go about getting more companies, make sure you have enough room in the warehouse before you sign the contract.

Worked for Forward Air? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forward Air reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Forward Air CEO Bruce A. Campbell. All 15 reviews are posted anonymously by Forward Air employees.