Forrester Research

Forrester Research Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Forrester Research Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony

George F. Colony

Pros
  • The work-life balance at Forrester is really refreshing and strongly encouraged(in 31 reviews)

• Really smart people and has a great place in the market(in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is on the lower side, but work/life balance and culture make up for it(in 12 reviews)

• There is a hesitence to speak the truth to senior management(in 15 reviews)

Great analyst team. Top management decisions sometimes disconnected from the field

ProsA company with top quality analysts. A great place to work when you want to stay on top of key business and technology trends. Being positioned on both Marketing/Strategy and IT domains is a definite plus. Good clients.

ConsTop management is sometimes disconnected from the reality on the field. Too many management levels for a company that size. Middle management not so impressive.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve staff on the field in a better way, listen, then act.

It will change your life...for the better.

Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

ProsWork/life balance, incredible benefits, opportunity to work with brilliant minds and educated professionals, entrepreneurial culture, you get to work with influential business leaders in both IT and marketing, it improves business acumen, sharpens selling tool-sets, get to be on the cutting edge of business technology.

ConsLow end of compensation for the industry, not many opportunities for growth/advancement/management. takes a one-size-fits all approach to products, too many layers of superfluous mid-management, training leaves much to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work with how you regard your clients and employees, but get rid of the dead weight!

Associate account executive

Associate Account Executive (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsGood people / good knowledge. Best place to look at multiple topics and find those you like for your next move /

ConsEvolution is limited and no one is following your career path / constant change in the org. And strategy / commission and role have evolved strangely in the past year. /

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aware of your people, look and listen at them if not they will leave soon enough.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic work environment, working alongside very intelligent people.

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThe work-life balance at Forrester is really refreshing and strongly encouraged. The people I work with are very smart, insightful and I learn a lot almost everyday. It's a really open environment and people are willing to help and also heed your advice. The research is compelling and their innovation in the marketplace is refreshing and sometimes daring. I respect that.

ConsI would honestly say the biggest downside is the pay - they tried to give me a pay cut for getting a promotion - who does that?! Also they don't take cost of living into consideration, so whether you're in NY, SF or Boston - those markets all mean the same to them. NOT smart coming from a company that does market research.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take cost of living into consideration, people don't want to leave - but when someone offers you a $40K more in base salary elsewhere...that's hard to beat and also a slap in the face to me who is clearly getting paid way under market.

There a reason they have such high staff attrition

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsInteresting content. Allows you to understand some hot areas of interest.

ConsConstant change, which almost always effects sales negatively. With the new CSO trying to be more like Gartner in terms of the pricing but the Forrester is not Gartner. Huge lack in Infrastructure content. Lots of Analysts leaving at moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the impact on the front line before making decisions. Take a look outside the speadsheets to get a real world view on what is happening.

Great place to learn and grow

Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsCollaborative culture. Great place to learn and grow.

ConsNo path to promotion. Salary is not competitive.

Pretty good company to work at

Sales (Former Employee) Asia (Colombia)

ProsExcellent research - the analysts are really world class. Ditto most of the sales and sales management. Very flexible management - as long as you get the work done you can choose how you work.

ConsGenuinely, beyond small niggles, not really any cons. It's a great place to work with great people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the senior management decisions seem baffling to those in the field. More communication (and listening) with non-US leadership would probably go a long way.

Great research company

Data Operations (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

Prosgood working environment. flexible schedule.

Consthe company is constantly changing and the organization is very complex and takes quite some time to understand different teams and their responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great people, culture and learning opportunities

Recruiter (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

ProsIncredibly smart people with personality! Work/life balance and emphasis on health is amazing. Everyone has a common goal and collaboration is huge. A pretty flat organization where innovation is encouraged.

ConsPay is on the lower side, but work/life balance and culture make up for it.

Good place to learn business foundation

ProsInternational company that attracts smart people.

ConsUS centric and often "like minded" in approach.

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!