Forever 21 Reviews

2.3
1,340 Reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Pros
  • Fun clothes, some delightful people, super-fast-paced; your days just fly by (in 77 reviews)

• Forever 21 is a fashion forward company (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 75 reviews)

• Expect long hours with little regard to your personal life (in 65 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall, a fun and fast and annoying environment all at once.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Coworkers are probably the best part of the job. My coworkers are great and is the biggest motivation to get out of bed and go to work. I advise you to get comfortable around your coworkers and make friends with them otherwise it will just be boring at work. (Though, some coworkers just don't communicate with others and stay in their cliques) 2. You always have something to do. You're never just standing there waiting for the manager to tell you what to do. It's a very fast paced environment so you're never bored just standing around. Also, time goes by way faster when you're busy. 3. The clothes are super cute. When you're on the floor cleaning, doing go backs, or fitting room, you're always looking at clothes and it motivates you to keep working because you're thinking about your paycheque and buying that shirt that caught your eye while working.

Cons

1. Tiring. But that's just like any other job you will have. 2. The 10% employee discount. It basically only covers the tax here in Vancouver, BC. Sometimes, not even. 3. Managers have their favourites and it makes you feel uncomfortable sometimes. So I advise you to get social with your managers and be comfortable speaking to them like they are your best friends. 4. 30 min unpaid break. 5. Customers can get really frustrating and annoying.

Stop favouritism and treat ALL workers equally.

Like any other retail stores

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

People who get hired here are usually a Younger with lots of energy. It is easy to get promoted because of the high turn around.

Cons

There is no structure, the company is growing to fast and too management has no idea how to manage their staff or organize the store.

Please have some sort of a game plan. Stop understaffing your store and overworking teens.

Great team, poor communications

Former Employee - Head Cashier
    Former Employee - Head Cashier

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about coming in to work at Forever 21 was getting to see my co-workers. After 4 years, they really became like a second family to me, despite the high turnover rate. Every body was friendly and fun. The work is fast paced, never a dull moment, especially on cash during weekends.

Cons

Communications with head office is a pain. Very very poor communications.
    It is also very hard for personal growth, I feel like it is based more on availabilities and favoritism than on actual skills.
    Salary raise is annual and very minimal.
    Employees are under-appreciated, discount is very little.
    Obviously, working in retail, you will encounter rude and difficult customers.
    Very little training, my training at cash was during a very busy day and it lasted under a minute (basically the manager passed a transaction while I was standing next to her and then left me there)
    Managers are sometimes immature and do not support the floor or cash teams unless we call for them at least 10 times on the walkie talkie.

Communicate with each other as well as with your employees, listen to their feedback. Stop favoritism. Train you staff and support them

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

assistant store manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Surrey, BC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Surrey, BC

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for more than a year

Pros

schedule is good and no need commute far

Cons

lots dramma and fake thing

need more trainning

Visual manager

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Pay was good for visual side
    Good company if you want to move up and can look past all the cons

Cons

Way too many politics!!
    Managers from different departments never got along
    District manager was never hands on - always on bberry

Lead by example and stop dictating

Low pay vs workload and store volume

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is alway busy, so time flies by pretty quickly. Because of the size of the store, you can hire the man power you need to get things done. Many new products.

Cons

The store does huge volume, but the pay is poor. Upper management don't really care. They hire or promote people to fill in the space which lead to high turn over or wrong person for the job. The discount sucks.

Lead by example. As in come back from your break on time and you can be late because you are the store manager. Be professional and act your age, therefore don't gossip or stab someone in the back, especially you are the store manager. Be fair and make the right judgement call because is fair for everyone and not support those that are you "buddies."

Review on F21

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Fashionable clothing, High Energy, Fun work environment

Cons

Only 10% discount on clothes, No training,

Cut hours without any advance notice.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can see as much as different styles of clothes you want. Recommend to the visual merchandising students or fashion students to work here.

Cons

I was supposed to work at 8am-4pm on that day, but the store manager just told me that "You can leave now." at 11am when I was working. I only worked 3 hours on that day and I didn't know what I've done wrong? Why didn't she schedule me off on that day? What's the true purpose to work there only 3 hours

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

You get to challenge yourself, if you're a quick learner, you can grow pretty fast if you actually work hard. Depending on your management and if they're willing to invest in you.

Cons

Depends on the district and how it's ran. If you have a bad upper management, your store management won't be able to do much for you because they have to get things approved by the DM, then H.O . It's a lot of hard work-- customers are rude and dirty (they love leaving us soiled diapers, stained panties, bag of urine, and cups of coffee/drinks .etc ) some staff are overly sensitive so they complain when management ask them to work

Trust your store management. They're there everyday-they know how to run the place with their eyes closed. Pay staff better, it's Hard work. Offer better incentives and discounts! H.o needs to communicate better with store level management and be more organized and supportive. I.t needs to resolve pending cases for over a few months faster!

well...

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Latest fashion trends, sometimes it is an easy job. Very chill. Schedule is great

Cons

The abuse a bit of their employees, and are always late for raises

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!