Forever 21 Reviews

2.4
1,394 Reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Pros
  • Its a very fast paced business so the store made money and so there was always hours (in 89 reviews)

• You will learn a lot of competitive skills to take elsewhere (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 87 reviews)

• The employee discount was only 10% and sometimes customers get 10% off for an item being dirty (in 72 reviews)

More Highlights

Review for Forever 21

Current Employee - Stock Associate in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Stock Associate in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This job can be easy most of the time, hours are flexible, and managers are great.

Cons

busiest retail store in Canada.

we need more supplies in stock in order to function better.

Disappointing.

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Friendly Sales Associates, nice music to work to.

Cons

No meticulous amounts of training, or any training at all. Bad management, long and unreasonable hours given to students. They schedule you in for times that you cannot make, and then cancel when you inform them about the issue. They purposely do this, as you are required to inform them on your availability, but only proceed to give you inflexible and unattainable hours to fulfill.

Builds Great Customer service rapport, if you use the opportunity wisely.

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Brampton, ON
    Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Brampton, ON

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, if you're someone who genuinely gets along with other people, and can work in an fast pace environment, a sales rep position is for you.

Cons

No room to grow. there were very few opportunities to grow because of limited positions,

Forever 21 stores are huge! most times a manager is only worrying about what he/she needs to get done and has no care for there workers. pay more attention to the little people.

Overall, a fun and fast and annoying environment all at once.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Coworkers are probably the best part of the job. My coworkers are great and is the biggest motivation to get out of bed and go to work. I advise you to get comfortable around your coworkers and make friends with them otherwise it will just be boring at work. (Though, some coworkers just don't communicate with others and stay in their cliques) 2. You always have something to do. You're never just standing there waiting for the manager to tell you what to do. It's a very fast paced environment so you're never bored just standing around. Also, time goes by way faster when you're busy. 3. The clothes are super cute. When you're on the floor cleaning, doing go backs, or fitting room, you're always looking at clothes and it motivates you to keep working because you're thinking about your paycheque and buying that shirt that caught your eye while working.

Cons

1. Tiring. But that's just like any other job you will have. 2. The 10% employee discount. It basically only covers the tax here in Vancouver, BC. Sometimes, not even. 3. Managers have their favourites and it makes you feel uncomfortable sometimes. So I advise you to get social with your managers and be comfortable speaking to them like they are your best friends. 4. 30 min unpaid break. 5. Customers can get really frustrating and annoying.

Stop favouritism and treat ALL workers equally.

low pay more work

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

easy to get and hired

Cons

minimum wage bad supervision and management

don't hire if you can't afford

Like any other retail stores

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

People who get hired here are usually a Younger with lots of energy. It is easy to get promoted because of the high turn around.

Cons

There is no structure, the company is growing to fast and too management has no idea how to manage their staff or organize the store.

Please have some sort of a game plan. Stop understaffing your store and overworking teens.

Great team, poor communications

Former Employee - Head Cashier
    Former Employee - Head Cashier

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about coming in to work at Forever 21 was getting to see my co-workers. After 4 years, they really became like a second family to me, despite the high turnover rate. Every body was friendly and fun. The work is fast paced, never a dull moment, especially on cash during weekends.

Cons

Communications with head office is a pain. Very very poor communications.
    It is also very hard for personal growth, I feel like it is based more on availabilities and favoritism than on actual skills.
    Salary raise is annual and very minimal.
    Employees are under-appreciated, discount is very little.
    Obviously, working in retail, you will encounter rude and difficult customers.
    Very little training, my training at cash was during a very busy day and it lasted under a minute (basically the manager passed a transaction while I was standing next to her and then left me there)
    Managers are sometimes immature and do not support the floor or cash teams unless we call for them at least 10 times on the walkie talkie.

Communicate with each other as well as with your employees, listen to their feedback. Stop favoritism. Train you staff and support them

assistant store manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Surrey, BC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Surrey, BC

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

schedule is good and no need commute far

Cons

lots dramma and fake thing

need more trainning

Visual manager

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Pay was good for visual side
    Good company if you want to move up and can look past all the cons

Cons

Way too many politics!!
    Managers from different departments never got along
    District manager was never hands on - always on bberry

Lead by example and stop dictating

Low pay vs workload and store volume

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is alway busy, so time flies by pretty quickly. Because of the size of the store, you can hire the man power you need to get things done. Many new products.

Cons

The store does huge volume, but the pay is poor. Upper management don't really care. They hire or promote people to fill in the space which lead to high turn over or wrong person for the job. The discount sucks.

Lead by example. As in come back from your break on time and you can be late because you are the store manager. Be professional and act your age, therefore don't gossip or stab someone in the back, especially you are the store manager. Be fair and make the right judgement call because is fair for everyone and not support those that are you "buddies."