Forest Labs

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brenton L. Saunders

Pros
  • It was a nice place to work, good benefits and many career opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• Good Benefits and work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • With new CEO, things changed; layoff and projects cancelled (in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance is a challenge, constant change, company going through integration, job cuts (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

had great opportunity for growth and innovation until new leadership decided to go into huge cost cutting mode

Accounting and Finance (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

Proslots of opportunity for growth

Consnew leadership is focused on shareholder value and not on the growth of the employees

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your talent and improve morale

A good company that FINISHED is best days!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people and interesting work. You could learn a lot about the industry while continuing your education.

ConsSome of the people should not have been in management. They truly made the environment TOXIC.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo management team should be allowed to LINGER for 10+ years unless the company is doing tremendously over the course of those years. When people do not leave a company someone must put them out or nothing will change.

IT MANAGER

Manager (Current Employee) Commack, NY (US)

ProsGreat benefits including stock options. Great people.

Consgoing through a major merger over the next few months, currently no clarify on future of this combined company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In the middle of a merger - being bought by Actavis

Senior Statistical Programmer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

ProsPeople are mostly friendly, educated, and intelligent. There is work for you if you are good. Upper management is insightful and know what they are doing.

ConsSince this is a time of company merger transition, job uncertainty is prevalent. If you want to move up the ladder you need to be assertive and make your aspirations know, else you will be left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe working business model of buying promising compounds and bringing them to market work well for Forest.

Since Howard Solomon has stepped down from the CEO position and the new president Brent Saunders has a track record of having a company he runs being bought, that is exactly what happened, in record time, less than six months of his arrival.

Was a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsForest Labs provided the opportunity to work in a variety of therapeutic areas and with global co-development partners of all sizes.

ConsCurrently very strained environment due to reorganization, downsizing and pending sale to Actavis.

Administrative Assistant II

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFriendly, laid back environment. There is much room for growth for an admin including positions other than administrative assistants.

ConsThe company is going through a major restructuring with a new CEO and lay-offs. Not sure what type of company it will become once

Overall very happy

Senior Director (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFlexible work place for our department, not the same in others

ConsCompany got sold and employees are waiting to see if they have jobs...not a lot of work being done.

WAS nice to work there...

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsCompany values were strong, work-life balance was available, picnic and great holiday parties were fun, good rapport with coworkers.

ConsNOW... toxic, tense, unstable, unreliable - new CEO and his home-grown staff are home-grown liars.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou reap what you sow - you accepted a deal that has created chaos in the lives of Forest employees. Only the employees are suffering as you and your people have safely negotiated your millions. You don't feel the pain of your actions now, buddy, but what you do here, you pay for here. Don't ever fool yourself into thinking you'll be sheltered from this cruel and heartless act. Nothing is forever, remember that.

Was good but bad now.

Associate Director (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

Prosolder CEO is nice and treated employees very well.

Consnew CEO is sucks. He came and sold the company in four months after his arriving.

Advice to Senior Managementthe company will be gone soon.

Nice place to work, good environment

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

ProsThe people doing the work were very nice day to day.

ConsSenior IT Management does not do any type of strategic long range plan. It's all about how much money it costs in the current year. No upward mobility unless you were buddies with the CIO or VP's.

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!