Fluor

Fluor Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Fluor CEO David T. Seaton

David T. Seaton

Pros
  • 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect (in 15 reviews)

• The working environment at company is very good and better than most of the competitors in the market (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is too disconnected from project employees and mid-level management (in 11 reviews)

• Big Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Fluor is a good company to work for regarding work/life balance, although not the greatest if you only care about money.

Associate Process Specialist I (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsThe flex time is really helpful for balancing personal & work life. The benefits package is excellent - covering dental/medical/vision and other things once you satisfy the annual combine deductible. They give you an employee health spending account which fully covers the deductible and then some. Here we get paid overtime which can be cahsed out, or banked, which is really helpful.

ConsThe pay is only mid-range compared to some of the other companies in the industry. Could work for an oil & gas firm and make more money. Only so much responsibility that you can take on, even if you search for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is doing a good job of keeping employees abreast of recent developments.

Fluor is one of the best companies to work for.

Senior Manager O&M (Current Employee) Point Comfort, TX (US)

ProsThere is an incredible amount of freedom to work your specialty and contribute to teams that are focused on the customer's success.

ConsThere are some sites where Fluor standards and values are not always conveyed effectively through local management.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsolidate and franchise every aspect of the Fluor experience t every site and help the teams develop and succeed. Never leave a site team without the proper supervision and leadership.

Great

Cashier (Former Employee) Garland, TX (US)

ProsWonderful Leadership and excellent benefits.

ConsNo Challenges to speak of.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for.

Piping Designer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

ProsGreat work environment. Great employee conveniences. Great managers and supervisors.

Conscyclical business. Projects, contracts and jobs come and go.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more money!

First job out of college

Associate Design Engineer III (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA (US)

ProsThis was a great first job out of college. They were able to provide good training and real life experience. The pay was very good for a first job.

ConsThe work comes and goes and when things are good they are very good and when they are bad you get laid off. You figure they pay you extra to compensate for the fact that they may get rid of you after your project is over.

Great place

Senior Specialist, Material Management (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsFlex-Time, every other Friday off, great community relations program

ConsJob Security is based on the current demand for primarily Oil & Gas, if demand goes down you might not have a project to work on....to me, that is kind of scary

Anonymous

ProsGood benefits and compensation. 9x80 work week. Many opportunities for advancement, if the work is available.

ConsLay-offs are very common. Always worried, no job security.

Quality Tech

ProsBig company, lots of opportunities, pays well

ConsHealth insurance is not the greatest

Great Company

Procurement Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFluor has provided a wide range of opportunities for me though out my career. For a large Fortune 500 company, Fluor has provided a flexible work-life balance environment and encourages personal growth. Any cons are outweighed by the pros.

ConsBeing a leader in our industry, Fluor takes on some of the biggest, most complexed projects in the world. If you are part of project execution, there are many challenging obstacles and the stress that is associated. However, I find myself never bored.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize talent and do a better job retaining that talent.

Safety is their priority

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Carolina, PR (US)

ProsSafety programs, Organization, benefits and management.

ConsSalaries are too low for entry enigineers. Promotions are hard to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a better incentive program for incoming new engineers and train them.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!