Flextronics

Flextronics Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara

Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good (in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a great place to work as the people were great..

Regional Director (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGreat company, people want to perform and do well for their direct reports. Team synergy is fantastic. Great flexibility when it comes to being able to telecommute

ConsClient managed and senior management did not make the right business decisions when it came to who need to be kept when re-alignment was done. disappointed as it was just a friends thing and not who was doing the best. Sad

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to ensure senior leadership is making decisions based on the business not on who they like.

best company to work for!!

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood work ethics, sound knowledge and good treatment respect.

Conshighly specialized and too good in management.

Advice to Senior Managementna

Great

Analyst (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsGood friendly environment where the growth is confirmed

ConsMonth end pressure, more training from L&D

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to stay cool with no struss from any side

ProsAll my reviews are based on IT services only.

1. Good work environment
    2. Not much politics from management side
    3. Best work life balance

Cons1. No innovative works
    2. You will forget technology fully since nobody talks about it
    3. Zero learning

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease think of Technology growth happening even in software not just in hardware.

my best and longest job

Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) Feasterville Trevose, PA (US)

ProsI have became a people person after my job with you guys .. made me very social and friendly.

Consthe mean customes were the only problem

Advice to Senior Managementyou did everything you had to do

Extremely Challenging

Anonymous (Current Employee) Johor Bahru (Malaysia)

ProsI'm able to gain more knowledge in Contract Manufacturing. Learn in details all the basic flow of the departments and team available in manufacturing field. Learned to be mentally and physically strong with this kind of hectic environment which makes people totally burned-out, and full of chaos.

ConsThe lack of teamwork or I might say NO teamwork at all. No standard procedures and flow that all employee will follow. Typical system used, a not-so-friendly user at all. Major people won't walk the talk. You'll need to do a lot of non-added value tasks because people are less responsible and not commited enough. The foundation of this plant is very weak. There's nothing much you can do. No matter how hard you try, how much you give your effort to make things better, you still unable to change these toxic people ( up to the top ), and as well as environment. The only thing you can do is to adapt, and become immune to the situation.

Great for short term

Regional Trainer (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsPeople , work-life balance, Very good "starter" career

ConsManagement, benefits, pay, and lots of lay-offs

Flextronics Medial, Irving, TX

Engineer (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsGood place to train for those entering the Medical Engineering field.
    Opportunity to see many aspects of Medical Disposables and EMS.
    Great staff to work with, friendly and hard working.
    Bonuses dependent upon Division and Corporate profits.

ConsManagement is highly critical of staff.
    They tend to look for negative attributes of employees and dwell on them.
    Most of Management are under qualified with limited experience.
    Very little opportunity to develop and training limited to meeting FDA requirements.
    Organization is very flat, little to no opportunity for advancement.
    High than average turn-over rate.
    Corporate policy includes tuition reimbursement, but subject to divisional management, and they do not approve tuition reimbursement requests.
    Raises are minimal to non-existent, most lose money with each passing year since annual raises are typically less than cost-of-living.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany of the best and most knowledgeable staff leave within 4-5 years for increase in pay and advancement, if you want to retain competent staff, address Cons in this review and read some of Zig Ziglar's books - you violate every management and people ideology.

Responsibility will continue to grow yet the pay almost never increases

Materials Analyst (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsOvertime is available for those that are responsible in attendance

ConsLay offs are random and conditional to business climate

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is not fully engaged and are have too many levels all communicating the same message

Not good for long term...

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsIt is a good place to get your teeth cut. You'll be exposed to a lot of different projects depending on your work and your section (there are many divisions in Flextronics).

I had the opportunity to work with very good co-workers and experienced engineers.

ConsIt is a very demanding environment and you may be required to work extra hours. This may become the norm if you have several projects in the pipeline.

People getting laid off is not unusual and constant re-organization is the norm. You just don't focus on it otherwise you'd get really dizzy.

I don't think it is a company that is good for any long term plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!