www.flextronics.com

Updated 24 November, 2014
3.1

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara
Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good (in 19 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

An 'Ok' Kinda Place. Don't look for a career here...

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Ottawa, ON

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

Great flexibility and benefits are pretty good. Small company attitude within a big company. From an employee point of view, most of the time it is fairly low stress.

Cons

Poor management direction and communications. Management is their own little clic and mostly former Nortel (you know how well they did). Small company attitude within a big company. Office environment matches the low cost philosophy of the company.

Either throw away the big company attitude or embrace it. Don't leverage it when it appears to fit. Set a clear direction and go for it. Communicate openly with the employees.

If you like EMS that's a good place for you

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

I cannot describe the best reasons however you can meet good people there

Cons

EMS mentality and culture doesn't encourage professional and personal growth.

Think out of the box, look.... there are many smart people around who can recognize and make a difference between a strategy without future and a future without a strategy

Growing experience from very knowledgeable people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Compensation, benefit package, and an environment with excellent technical capabilities.

Cons

Poor seating arrangements, lack of communication by senior management

Senior Engineer position at Flextronics

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Ottawa, ON

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

Typical flex time environment. If you enjoy engaging with various customers, then this is the company for you. Leveraging understanding of operations, design, and manufacturing can be a potential to this organization as all of these are core competencies.

Cons

Old company mentality with very little new blood. A lot of this mentality is due to recent acquisition of similar firms: Nortel and Solectron. The company focus is to typically acquire companies with potential technology. There may be room to change positions, but the company operates as a small company under the umbrella of a larger organization. There is very little cross-functionality between departments.

In short the greatest change that Flextronics could do is invest in their own company as oppose to acquiring new technologies through M&A procedures. There is very little R&D opportunities in this organization which is a hinderance to attracting innovative talent.

Great place to work

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work, good pay scale, a lot of support (when you look for it), seems to be a strong management (but to be seen), not so much micro management

Cons

Too large of an organization, can be bureaucratic, a lot of senior management changes in recent months

Flextronics

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Personal Growth is in the culture. Lots of opportunity to go places. specialization occurs in segments. Good technology

Cons

Not a 9 to 5 job, working globally has it challenges, moving from one segment to another is not as easy as it should be, there are some silo's and the company has some duplicate of roles

Flextronics review

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*good worklife balance
    *Visibility of the process, transparency

Cons

* No clear objective for the employees

Satisfied with my career at Flextronics on the whole.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Attractive location was an advantage and lots of Employee Benefits offered. Very nice people. Had a Good Personal Bonding with everyone. Everyone was very helpful and respected each other's work.

Cons

When compared to the Industry standards, compensation and hikes were a bit disappointment. Certain tasks were not properly assigned nor delegated.

Better then most job.

Current Employee - Retail Service Technician in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Service Technician in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pretty decent hours. Communication pretty good no matter what level you are on. I feel like the pay is good for the work that we do. Great job if you love helping people and meeting new people everyday.

Cons

Dealing with difficult people. Having to meet expectations based on numbers. If the store is short, no need to look for any help because you won't get it. NO OVERTIME!!!!!!

Don't just look at the numbers and use that on how the store is doing. Make a visit every now and then so you can see the things we have to deal with on the daily basis and then you will know why we say and do some of the things that we do.

Very rewarding and I was able to use all my skill sets and learned more

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked in a department that was very proactive and my fellow techs helped each other. Pay was good and benefits are adequate. Every day challenged your skills and knowledge. Never a dull moment.

Cons

Continuing R.I.F initiative to reduce budgets. Little chance for upward mobility.