Flextronics Reviews

Updated 14 October, 2014
3.1

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara
Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good (in 19 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

If you like EMS that's a good place for you

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

I cannot describe the best reasons however you can meet good people there

Cons

EMS mentality and culture doesn't encourage professional and personal growth.

Think out of the box, look.... there are many smart people around who can recognize and make a difference between a strategy without future and a future without a strategy

Growing experience from very knowledgeable people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Compensation, benefit package, and an environment with excellent technical capabilities.

Cons

Poor seating arrangements, lack of communication by senior management

Senior Engineer position at Flextronics

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Ottawa, ON

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

Typical flex time environment. If you enjoy engaging with various customers, then this is the company for you. Leveraging understanding of operations, design, and manufacturing can be a potential to this organization as all of these are core competencies.

Cons

Old company mentality with very little new blood. A lot of this mentality is due to recent acquisition of similar firms: Nortel and Solectron. The company focus is to typically acquire companies with potential technology. There may be room to change positions, but the company operates as a small company under the umbrella of a larger organization. There is very little cross-functionality between departments.

In short the greatest change that Flextronics could do is invest in their own company as oppose to acquiring new technologies through M&A procedures. There is very little R&D opportunities in this organization which is a hinderance to attracting innovative talent.

I learned a lot of great things here, and got me started on my career of Quality Assurance Inspector.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Inspector in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Inspector in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I could get on the Flextronics University website and take all different classes in almost any field there is to think of. I can further my career and move up and since it is a worldwide company you learn a lot more stuff here than you would in just a one country company.

Cons

Sometimes there isn't a lot of work, since I was working in Flextronics, but for Aerotek I got laid off. I really loved this company and all it had. Its a shame I didn't get to stay.

Hire me back. I am a really hard worker and want to move up in my career. MaryAlice Cancino

Great Company

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

great benefits especially health / medical

Cons

Worked Alot of overtime, you need to be prepared for that

Best place I've worked so far

Former Employee - Quote Project Manager in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Quote Project Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Quarterly bonuses, good management, friendly co-workers, good pay, provides raises, some flexibility with personal schedule. Perks like on site cafeteria and coffee bar. Time off was adequate and benefits were decent.

Cons

HVAC system and building need updated. Not really on board with telecommuting. Team initiatives was not a strong point, and options for growth were limited. Training was sporadic.

Bring back ability to telecommute for those with kids.

perfect place to work

I worked at Flextronics as an intern

Pros

great culture, great team work

Cons

little far away from downtown

Decent Experience

Former Employee - Production Lead in Milpitas, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Production Lead in Milpitas, CA (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, felt camaraderie with my co-workers. Benefits were decent

Cons

No room for growth. Management did not value input from workers on the front lines

No advice

Full of managers but cannot manage

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at Flextronics (more than an year)

Pros

If you are a manager and above, this is a GREAT place for you. These are probably the people that give good reviews.
    I have seen an assistant manager that works like a horse and a manager who works like she is on vacation.
    Bigger pay, bigger allowance, lesser hands on jobs, lesser time spent in the office. These are wonderful positions.

Cons

There are too many managers and above. The system is just not working. It does make sense 100 years ago for managers to sit around barking orders and play solitaire. But who will get the work done if 8 out of 10 people in a department are managers? And most of the experts end up as managers and the knowledge die there because they do not know how to manage, look down on people and does not transfer knowledge because they are not non-technical enough to appreciate learning and development.

A lot of talent come and go. What a waste of money. If you can interview the ones that left, I believe all of them were disgruntled.

There are too many of you with different management style that are mostly hostile and disruptive. One manager that can manage people is better than 10 managers that are highly technical and cannot manage.
    Consider giving them technical lead positions.

Material Handler

Current Employee - Material Handler in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of Overtime if want to work

Cons

Poor Management, lots of lay-offs, No Team work, contracts don't receive any type of credit of hard work.

Take advise from co- workers and don't turn your back on your own team.