Fleetcor

Fleetcor Chairman and CEO Ron Clarke

Ron Clarke

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Challenging with good benefits

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsThere is a continuous stream of new employee training classes and it is not difficult to get hired.
    There is a drug screening and background check.

ConsIt is far more difficult to stay hired and there is a high rate of employee turnover.
    Performance metrics measure you in numerous ways and it is too easy to be ïn trouble because of falling short somewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more supportive and encouraging.

Don't work here

Customer Service (Former Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsYou can say at least you have a job

ConsLow pay, no raises, nosy coworkers, employee favoritism, no proper leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and give raises

Overworked and under appreciated.

IT Support (Former Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsFellow employees are friendly and supportive.

ConsIT is spread too thin and everyone knows it. No problem, just work 60+ hour weeks and it will all be fine. There is a lot of favoritism in the IT department, if you aren't part of the "old guard" that came from ADP then you will never truly fit in. Successes are ignored and failures are not tolerated.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart doing some actual management instead of depending on your employees to make all the decisions for you. Realize that not all projects will be delivered perfect and that sometimes things just break. Stop the witch hunts after every outage, it is demoralizing and isn't good for the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Liked alot

Customer Service (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsI was compensated well and liked the hours. Able to find own sales leads. Very friendly environment. Everyone helpful and nice.

ConsSince was business to business, Didnt get alot of potential customer contact on fridays. Felt didnt need to stay on Fridays past two oclock.

Success is rewarded

Director, Marketing (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsCompany has been growing quickly, and with growth has lots of opportunities for advancement. Ideas (real ideas, not whining about what time you need to come in or whether or not someone is listening to gripes) are considered and acted on. The recently implemented review process has been well received.

ConsThe company is very thin organizationally and is growing fast. Therefore, many of the "big company" type functions (IT, HR) are undersized and need to become better capable of supporting a business this size.

Employees are under valued and company is stressful....stay away!!!

Manager (Former Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsAcceptable culture regarding employee engagement

ConsStressful working environment, crazy release schedule, a lot of weekend and extra day work. Management is a joke and there is way too much favortism that goes on.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice to upper management because they don't listen nor do they care. I was never so happy to turn my badge in. Employees are tired of the overtime and all the B.S. management put them through.

Hard work gets rewarded

Manager (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsIf you work hard and show results, you will be rewarded at FleetCor. I work with a bunch of very bright individuals in a collaborative environment. The company does a great job of incorporating change and adapting quickly. If you're someone who wants to be challenged and given the sovereignty to try new things, this is a great company.

ConsThere is currently no formal annual review process in place for exempt employees, but I have heard that one will be in place shortly. Employer 401k matching could be better.

Lot's of Growth Opportunity

Marketing (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsThere is lots of opportunity for growth here. A great Executive team is in place and they welcome ideas and testing new programs. Hard work and success is regularly recognized and rewarded. There are regular fun events that are planned for the entire company.

ConsThere is currently no discounted stock purchase program and the 401k match could be higher.

Growing Company with Potential if you work hard

Manager (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsI've meet a lot of really smart people at Fleetcor and the at not shy about sharing their honest opinions. People work hard and focus on the tasks at hand not petty bickering. Also, the company is growing quickly and I believe there will be a lot of opportunity in the future.

ConsIf you don't perform well it will be difficult to hide. 401(k) does not have a strong employer match.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you spend with time with employees to let them know they are valued.

Very Numbers Driven Enviroment

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsDecent pay if you meet your goals..

ConsCommission structure is very inconsistent..

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and stop playing so many games with commissions.. Fake numbers to keep them from paying out what is due to sales reps.

Worked for Fleetcor? Contribute to the Community!