Flagstar Bancorp

Be The First To
Add Photos

Flagstar Bancorp President & CEO Alessandro P. DiNello

Alessandro P. DiNello

Pros
  • Competitive pay, normal hours, good benefits, good PTO, opportunity to move up(in 5 reviews)

• Some good people who mean well, but quality leadership is sorely lacking(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • And often changes in upper management in the last 3 or 4 years(in 7 reviews)

• Flagstar has little room for advancement(in 4 reviews)

Underwriter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice supervisors and regional managers

ConsUpper management give very poor career advise and are ungrateful.

Awesome environment and great corporate/professional environment.

Secondary Marketing - Lock Desk (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsGreat environment, Culture is great and the age group has a large variance across the company.

ConsNone that I can think of. Possibilities are endless.

Management lied consistently, too many layers of VP's. Title does not correspond with job ability at this bank.

Senior Trainer (Former Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsA paycheck is about it.

ConsManagers misled their own employees. Bank can't attract and keep top talent is not willing to pay for good talent. HR department is poorly run and consistently lied to employees. Too many CEO changes within last year which indicates poor executive leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe problem is they didn't listen to anyone while I was there and caused more fires than were needed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company does not have a clue where it's going and how it's going to get there.

Branch Management - Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI (US)

ProsFlagstar bank has some extremely loyal employees who love what they do and wants this company to succeed.

ConsThe retail banking side of Flagstar is very unfocused. Weekly, if not daily focus is changed on a dime with no thought on how this affects the customer and it's own employees. Market managers are unwilling to listen to their own employees as to what the front line is hearing from it's customer base and when things are brought to middle managements attention it is just ignored. Market Managers use fear as a motivation, although this may work in the short term it will ultimately come back to haunt you in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlagstar Bank used to be a place where the "open door policy" was actually that. Start listening to the people on the front lines and pay attention to how your Market Managers are treating your branch managers and front line employees. Sandro, you are a fantastic leader but have lost focus on the retail banking side. Look closely at who you have running that part of the ship, you may be surprised at what you find out. Lastly, bring back the good ole days when we enjoyed walking in the door every morning instead of this fear that this may be your last day of employment because of your micro managing Market Mangers with no heart or soul.

Big Mistake ...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI don't have anything good to say about Flagstar. Just moving on...

ConsThe worst time of my 20+ year banking career.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the Bank.

I've actually heard from someone that 'We work for peanuts...'

Loan Analyst (Former Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsEveryone is pretty much friendly and tend to work and get along together quite often in my experience.

ConsThere are areas or departments where employees are quite under paid and takes long periods of time for small monetary increase , but management always expect for constant hard work and dedication.

Unprofessional Bank

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsThere are no compelling reasons to work at Flagstar Bank other than yoy receive a check every two weeks!

ConsSandro DiNello our current CEO is very phony and does not deal well with subordinate employees. He is scripted in his dealings with most employees and is only interested in his well being.

Advice to Senior ManagementSandro, you should just sell the retail side of the bank and concentrate on the wholesale mortgage business as you have no clue how to operate a successful operation. Your competitors like Comerica, Chartwe One, TCF have class, you and your bank have none!

anonymous

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoworkers are like second family. great location. sort of relaxed environment depending on department

ConsToo many hours, too many projects that are started and never finished, too many managers, difficult to move up within company

Stay away!

ProsIf you are in the right dept you can do well if you keep your mouth shut and do your job. You can learn a lot and get a better job with better pay!

ConsWhen times are busy they will hire anyone with a pulse. Then layoff all the new hires and then some. Layoffs were not based on performance. Management was given a list of who they had to get rid of. So even if you played your cards right, never called in, were efficient at your job it didn't matter. If you were on the list from hr you had to go. You are just a number. I will never recommend this place. They are going through CEOs left and right and the newest one is doing nothing for morale. Also from a consumer standpoint their checking and savings accounts are awful compared to their competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some research with banks and mortgage companies in the area and take some tips on how to keep good employees. Lots of great companies out there and flagstar is not one of them

Pretty good company to work for.

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits program. Work hours are extremely family friendly. Training available to those seeking it. Encouraged to handle customer complaints on your own.

ConsFlagstar has little room for advancement. Management positions are held by longtime employees. The economy has resulted in layoffs in the company.

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!