Fiserv

Fiserv Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki

Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • Good work/life balance makes you tolerate more than you would at another place (in 54 reviews)

• They allowed us to work from home (not sure if that is the case) (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 18 reviews)

• Very silo-ed work business units cause unnecessary red tape (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Senior developer

Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) Oakville, ON

ProsClose work place from home.

ConsTo much take processing to fix programming

Advice to Senior Management?

Fun, fun, fun, fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Waterloo, ON

ProsFun place to work. Free drinks, healthy breakfast, pool table, foosball table. Competitive salaries, good opportunities for learning and growth.

ConsAll the Canadian offices closed. Headquarters were far away in an odd state (Atlanta, Georgia). Company was sold and re-branded.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy the company back. Make it the great place it was years ago. Hire the excellent talent again. Listen more closely.

Company is cheap; very little communication with upper management

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Burnaby, BC

Prosglobally recognized company
    good banking system
    good, hard-working co-workers
    50% RRSP matching program

Cons-- pay parking and it's quite pricey. About $90 per month for a parking pass, or $4 (must be coins) to pay at the parking meter. There are only a few parking passes available, and these are passed down only through attrition and who you're friends with. Why can a global company not pay for parking for its 20+ employees? One would expect pay parking in downtown Vancouver, but this part of Burnaby is an ugly concrete suburb far from downtown.

-- Vacation time is horrible for BC, Canada. Was offered 2 weeks. Never worked with a banking system company that offered so little. The IT industry standard is 3 weeks, the credit union standard in BC is 4 weeks. Fiserv is offering the absolute minimum. How are they going to attract and retain potential candidates who are accustomed to standard vacation time? As well, there is no program to 'grow' your vacation - for eg., in most companies, after 5 years, you get an added week of vacation. No such thing here. You're stuck at 2 weeks forever. There is no incentive to stay at the company. It's surprising that this is a large, global company. It's run like a mom and pops operation.

-- Benefits are horrible.

-- HR in the US office takes their time answering questions (expect at least 1 week waiting time to get a simple question answered)

- No staff parties in the history of the Canadian office. The only staff get-togethers are staff farewells

- High turnover.

- Company processes are backwards. Too many to name. For example, when employees, travel, ALL receipts must be submitted. They can't even issue a Per Diem for travelling, which would save on their admin costs and time it takes to count all the receipts. Lost the $5 taxi receipt while working like a dog across the country for 2 weeks? Too bad - you're not getting your money back because the finance dept. is very anal about receipts.

-- lack of communication of the Canadian office with the US offices

Advice to Senior ManagementCOMMUNICATION is key

know the Canadian culture, and meeting Canadian work standards...not just the legal minimum.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed it very much.

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

Prosfellow employees are easy to work with.

Consnever knowing about overtime until the very last minute

great work culture at Fiserv

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and work / life balanced environment, flexible with many activities, etc.

Consnot much growth opportunities for long term employees

Fiserv Investment Support Services

Transfer Agent (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsI liked the people, the position and the responsibilities

ConsDue to the financial crisis, the company downsized and I was laid off

It quite good

Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood Salary, good work culture

ConsLess increment, projects and no bench policy

A Company with good Work-Life balance

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWork environment, Banking domain, Extra curricular activities, Very good leave policy, Flexible timings, Good company

ConsPromotions and hikes are bad

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give good hikes and promotions to the employees and try to retain them

Very Good Learning Experience- customer support management needs to provide better training to employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsCompany is well established, strong and growing. Good company culture with some good opportunities for growth.

ConsThe customer support management's style of communication can be categorized as outdated and discouraging. The one on one meetings with manager are very negative. There is no recognition of contributions in those meetings. The management does not provide any mentoring or strong foundational training to the team.Questions are looked upon as ignorance and not encouraged.

About company

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Noida (India)

ProsReally Good company
    Nice Infra
    Good Management
    Good Projects

ConsBit Outdated technologies in some projects
    Senior management is showing little lesser energy

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some energetic initiatives ..

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!