Fifth Third Reviews

Updated 28 October, 2014
Updated 28 October, 2014
3.2

Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat
Kevin T. Kabat

Pros
  • They treat their employees terrible and have no regards for work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Worked with some awesome people; good benefits in line with what others offer (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management in the Chicago area have a personal agenda (in 29 reviews)

• Sales goals are not realistic and the training was inadequate (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

It's okay for younger ppl part timers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Fifth Third

Pros

Easy job to do
    Handling money

Cons

Earning potential sucks
    Job is extremely borning

Great place to be. Learned a lot. Good manager, succesful branch.

Former Employee - Banker in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Banker in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent team work while making our customers happy is what made it worth it every day. I loved the people i worked with including my manager.

Cons

Staffing was typically low. Sometimes it's hard to make customers happy when there are not enough people to adequately take care of them. We made it work though.

Maybe get more staff.

Interesting yet educational

Former Employee - Retail Personal Banker in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Personal Banker in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work, however the company has undergone many organizational changes on the Retail level such as the elimanation of some position only to redesign it into a sales position. Which is understanding in a more sales focus industry, however discouraging to new hires.

Training program is excellent most FCM are very knowledgeable in interested in the growth of their staff.

Cons

Short staffed, expect to perform many roles in a financial center. Hired as a FCM or PB but expect to work as a Teller, PB, IE, etc....

Rethink the staffing structure, short staffing is leading to the high turnover in some regions.

Good place to start you career.

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time

Pros

Managers are generally flexible and willing to work with you. It's really all about the people. Fifth Third seem truly interested in engaging its employees.

Cons

Training and technology can be somewhat sub par. Once you're in the company, good luck getting a decent raise.

Investment Advisors

I worked at Fifth Third

Pros

- Promotions - Right on Fountain Square - Friendly work environment

Cons

- A bit behind on technology and culture

- Consider flex hours to work with Gen Y

An unexpected growing and learning experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company truly cares about each customer and appropriately tailors products and services to their individual needs

Cons

training and management varies greatly from branch to branch (good training is imperative to a successful career in customer service)

It is a great company to help expand your career!

Current Employee - Disputes Servicing Specialist I in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Disputes Servicing Specialist I in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Pay. Team treats you like family. And wonderful benefits.

Cons

Training is quick. You tend to learn alot while on the job.

More training sessions over time.

Customer Service/ Sale position

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Fenton, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Fenton, MI (US)

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is lots of room for growth in this company, as Fifth Third is everywhere and has many open positions. They also have a very laid back culture.

Cons

The cons in this company is the pressure of getting sales, having to hit your numbers, and the pressure of management to do such,

Being positive with your staff motivates them more than being negative and using pressure tactics

Working for the Curious Bank.

Current Employee - Customer Service Professional II in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Professional II in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is one of the more generous companies within the banking industry. It is also a growing bank based out of Cincinnati. Working in customer service you are able to speak to customers and help customers which is rewarding and makes your feel good. That is something I do enjoy. The benefits are good and the company as a whole does seem to mean well and care for their employees. I just feel like us in the contact center are out of touch almost.

Cons

Without education you will not make it far within the company execept for the entry-level positions that even a monkey could do. Working as a customer service professional, I am the person that you call to scream at when something has gone awry with your account. The position is very mundane and repetative and you take abuse from abusive customers. Working for this company seems to be great, when you are not on the phones. People in other departments seem to be very happy. And I'm sure get paid a lot more. The culture is a little stiff but not too bad. I just feel like us in the contact center are out of touch almost. For example, joining clubs and organizations within the company is almost impossible since we have to be on the phones at all times. I want to join extra curricular groups, I want to attend meetings-but the phone business need always comes first.
    You can earn bonues based off of your statistics for the month. They want your phone called to be short but yet want you to provide quality service? Sometimes you just cannot do both. You are told when you can go to break, even going to the rest room out of your designated break time can count against you. The position is not hard, just mundane. And I sometimes feel no bigger than a pawn-a broke pawn. While my CEO probably lives in a mansion or two or three.

The higher up the management is, the less I know about them nor do we see or know about them. Our direct supervisors usually work closely with us as do their bosses-but not much higher than that. I just find it insane to pay one individual so much money, but pay the entry level such a drasticly lower amount. I thought we were all a team, arent we all important? Why should in any company, one person make 9.00 per hour and another make 2 million dollars a year? But yet, we are supposed to be "One Bank".

Average Bank

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toledo, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toledo, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are available after just 30 days.

Cons

The computer based training, transaction processing systems, and mobile banking systems were difficult to navigate and were not user friendly. The entire training process which focused on customer experience is a white wash. This bank portrays itself to be an institution focused in customers, but the same scheme plays out: sell, sell, sell.

Try and up the starting salary to make the position more competitive.

Fifth Third Photos