Ferrellgas Partners

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold

Stephen L. Wambold

Great Company

Corporate Office (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat company that offers a strong compensation package along with a ESOP that is completely funded by the company. As a working parent the flexibility that Ferrellgas offers is a huge plus for my family.

ConsRetail propane is a weather driven business and in extended periods of above normal temperatures sometimes difficult decisions have to be made. During these times management does what it has to do for its customers, the business and company employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you have been doing and don't let potential short term weather issues change your long term course.

Ferrellgas has always let me put my family and their needs first. Very family oriented company.

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFerrellgas is very involved with the communities they service. They are also very generous with numerous Charity Bobtails that give a portion of the proceeds to different organization. There are several Breast Cancer trucks, an MS truck, Autism truck, multiple Military trucks, KC Crimestoppers truck, Diabetes truck, Leukemia and Lymphoma truck. I have always felt like I have mattered and can make a difference. It feels like one big family.

ConsWeather dependant to an extent, but with new technologies we are becoming less dependant and more efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees and keep the customers needs first. They are the two most important pieces in ensuring we keep our business as successful as it has been in the past.

Great Company!

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAdvancement opportunities, pay range, ESOP and quality of people are all very respectable. Upper management team is strong and focused on consistency. Senior leaders are not afraid to make decisions that are best for the long term health of the organization and the performing employees of the company. CEO seems to care about the well being of the employees of the company.

ConsBusiness decisions hinge on weather patterns, Past High turnover with field management positions lead to inconsistent performance of employees as they lacked a focused direction. Sometimes impatience gets in the way of success (More of a past issue than present).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staying consistent and listen to the folks on the ground.

Excellent company to work for.

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMgmt is focused on driving results while also making the employee a priority. Advancement opportunities are available for those that are willing to dedicate themselves.

ConsWeather driven business. Public awareness of propane and the challenge of parity amoungst other segments such as Natural Gas and electricity.

Good Money, Good Work

Level III Install (Former Employee)
Conifer, CO (US)

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of hours, good pay, easy scheduling

ConsOn call, inclement weather, lots of travel between stops

Advice to Senior ManagementA couple more drivers per district

ok job

Driver (Current Employee)
Candor, NY (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners part-time for more than a year

ProsFreedom on the road, no boss on your back

Conscrappy hours low pay, no insurance

Advice to Senior Managementgive insurance thats decent to employees, hire more employees

Run fast

Drive (Current Employee)
North Little Rock, AR (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood pay at first, and a okay balance for personal life until winter

ConsNo raises, on call without pay. No chance of promotion unless you are friends with the boss. told to try to win contests against other districts to win prizes or dinners, when you win they never fullfill their part. They ask for sales leads all the time to give to the salesman who doesn't follow up.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the new rollouts every few years!! Seriously just do what made us great sale at a good price and have REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE, not just name only.

poor management

Chepachet, RI (US)

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than a year

Proshad ok benefits plenty of work

Conswhen on call if you worked all weekend you were forced to get off the clock before your 40 hours. company having great growth revenue bad had a pay raise freeze. branch manager had no people skills, had no respect for employees

Advice to Senior Managementhad a great team off leaders that took care of the company and there employees, people wanted to work for them should bring them back

Unprofessional

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

ProsCompany pay period is every two weeks, ESOP, 401K

ConsEmployees are expected to work 40 hours a week without benefits, low pay when compared to other companies, constantly restructuring, your job never feels secure, they add fees to services to increase revenue so managers bonus, but then lose customer base the following year and blame customer service, run like a good old boy company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a company in debt trying to pay out dividends to stock-holders, while your main goal remains to increase your personal wealth at the expense of others...my advise is to start praying; you will need it in your after-life.

Not quite what I expected

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners part-time

ProsTrucks are Good, Other Drivers are Good

Consfull time hours part time bemefits

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Ferrellgas Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ferrellgas Partners reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold. All 38 reviews are posted anonymously by Ferrellgas Partners employees.