FactSet

FactSet Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

FactSet Chairman and CEO Philip A. Hadley

Philip A. Hadley

Pros
  • Perfect work-life balance for example you will get mentor when you are on boarding(in 66 reviews)

• very good work life balance; nice coworkers; no pushing; soft deadline; free lunch(in 97 reviews)

Cons
  • The company seems to balance out the work/life balance very well(in 11 reviews)

• No career path defined and joining diffeent teams is riven with red tape(in 9 reviews)

Well not a bad place to work

Public Relations (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros-pay, work style, people really nice, overall positive

Consoverall not that much flexibility

Great place to work

Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) Norwalk, CT (US)

ProsGood place to start a career as they make you feel like you're part of a team... very collegiate feeling. There are some very smart people that work at the company, but a number of them are on their way out fed-up with indecision in some areas of the company.

ConsTechnology choices are old (VMS for example) and while they're trying hard to update, it's taking FOREVER. They will also make you fight for a top salary... you can get one, but they're not going to give it to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementIndecision can be worse than the wrong decision.

Great place to start with.

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGreat place for the beginners. Nice and flexible management to support employees.

ConsTakes longer than expected to grow. The compensation needs to be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve career progression path.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to start a career

Senior Fixed Income Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFriendly environment. Lots of responsibility given early on in career. Good work-life . Plenty of training, support and development.

ConsUnless you are planning to follow a sales career or become a consulting manager, consulting jobs can feel like a dead-end

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if there were different career options for consultants aside from sales, however I realise that this is a fairly unrealistic request.

Great opportunities for College graduates

Project Management (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT (US)

ProsOpportunity to gain experience and grow professionally. Excellent training

ConsCompany growing pains. Transitioning to a larger company

Fun atmosphere, smart people great environment to learn and flourish.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT (US)

Prosfree lunch, community events, nice office park location

Consnot really anything that comes to mind

Great!

ProsExcellent training and great colleagues. Given early responsibility.

ConsDepending on career aspirations there might be more of less opportunities.

ok for fresher

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosgood work life balance
    good culture

Conslimited scope for career
    less package

Okay place to start your career, not great to stay long term

Content Specialist (Former Employee) Norwalk, CT (US)

ProsGood benefits, free lunch 4/5 days of the week, increased responsibilities given to you if you are able to prove abilities; work life balance was ideal as most of the work days was by and large 9-5.

ConsCompensation is below market; it is apparent that some people have been in their roles for years (and perform poorly/flat trajectory), but over the years have just been parked in one role and will never move out of that space for the rest of their tenor with FDS; career growth can take years as it is more political than any thing else (as management structure is not flat, and promotions can not happen until end of fiscal year and need to be approved by upper management).

Advice to Senior ManagementScale compensation to the value your teams are delivering, and train managers to focus on how to grow their people (not just making sure they get their stuff done for the day).

Amazing people but management unprofessional until the very end.

Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe people are great. Get to work with some of the very best in the fintech industry. One of the few vendors where sales work hand in hand with consultants and build strong teams. The starting salary is second to none and the kitchen is always stocked with goodies!

ConsManagement are unprofessional right until the very end.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees of factset are young and impressionable, give them something to remember not regret.

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!