Facebook Reviews

Updated 10 September, 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Facebook is the best company I've ever worked for, hands-down.

Current Employee - Director  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Ambitious, world-changing mission as a company
    - Great leadership
    - Lots of autonomy and ability to get things done quickly

Cons

- Lots of work to do
    - Can be intense + challenging

Software Engineering Intern

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Terrific Company, great internships that have high risk and reward.

Cons

Full time employees have on-call shifts, which means being available 24/7. But interns don't have to do on-call

Keep the openness of choosing your own team for full time hires

I can't think of a better place to work at

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here at Facebook, the destination is space, and beyond. It is only up to you on what you want to achieve. No one will stop you. All the perks, smart people, amazing environment and great tools will help you get there. I am honored to be able to work here.

Cons

The company is growing in a fast peace and it may become harder and harder to keep the culture and values and each and every employee satisfied. But hey, if we did not grow, I would not be here either.

We must keep the bar high going forward and also make sure that candidates are resonating with our mission and culture so we only have super motivated employees. (Which I have experienced so far)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never run out of interesting stuff to work on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are constant opportunities to have huge impacts, and more interesting projects than you'll ever have time to get involved in. One amazing aspect is that everyone is truly open, it's not just an empty motto here, so collaboration is very easy. You can follow anyone else's work through internal tools, provide feedback, join in a random project during a Hackathon, etc.

Cons

With so much going on and things moving so fast, you need to figure out how to find your focus, take ownership and execute.

A Happy Employee !!!

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is very open. From day one we get access to every piece of code and the company trusts us to contribute our best without being afraid of breaking some code in the process. Exorbitant amount of power with respect to choice is given to each employee from choosing his his/her own team to the areas within the team they want to work on. This results in a deep sense of trust and ownership which drives each and every employee to contribute to their limits. And the perks never stop :)

Cons

I haven't seen one yet.

You guys are doing a great work with respect to keeping bureaucracy out of Facebook. Please keep up the same efforts in future too.

Seems like it's always the best time to be here

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything in engineering is cutting edge. The projects we get to take on are huge, and there's lots of learning to be done. The decisions for engineering are made by me, not handed down by someone else. The culture is also made by me, not handed down by someone else. (As an individual, you own the experience/culture/projects at FB just as much as anyone else does)

Currently, I have an awesome manager who is helping me to personally grow as well.

Also, it seems like all of the cultural decisions that were made by the m-team here are extremely well thought out. They always seem to be the most natural / reasonable decisions

Cons

None yet. My work life balance on my own was never that consistent. I would work really hard some days, and not do much the other days. I still follow that pattern.

Amazing culture built by great people

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

In my opinion, Facebook operates under a policy of extreme trust and respect for its employees. It gives us many privileges and opportunities, and it trusts us to not screw things up or abuse our privileges. In return, the employees all respect the company back. In addition, everyone is ridiculously smart and amazing and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

It's very easy to feel intimidated and see others doing better than you. Maybe it's just the initial phase of getting used to things though, so I think I will see how it goes.

Our internal culture is beautiful and says a lot about us. Why aren't we sharing more of it with the outside world?

Awesome place to work!

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Engineers get a lot of responsibility and room to grow in their careers. You work on things affecting hundreds of millions of people directly and there are not many places where you get that much impact. You learn a ton about the world.

Cons

With great power comes great responsibility. Sometimes you need thick skin to work on user-facing things.

Make sure that we maintain quality employees as we grow.

Really great company to work for

Former Employee - Production Engineering Manager  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Production Engineering Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture & core values - Focus on Impact, Move Fast, Be Bold, Be Open - these are not just buzzwords but are the true embodiment of the company.

Great colleagues - The overwhelming majority of staff at FB are world-class at what they do and are dedicated to doing a great job.

Great working environment & perks. FB really takes care of their employees in pretty much every sense of the word.

The company innovates and iterates really quickly and, despite the speed, moves to a surprisingly high quality bar.

Cons

Not a real "con" per-se, but it would be great to have a broader set of engineering teams in Dublin.

Keep up the good work :-)

Awesome

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Smart people! Great transparency! Amazing vision!

Cons

Move too fast! Too much good food! :)

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!