Facebook Reviews

Updated 14 September, 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Software engineer. Great culture, lots of fun.

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, easy to talk to anyone you want throughout the company. I felt like I was given a challenging task and able to grow as an engineer.

Cons

Everyone is very skilled. Depending on your team, it can be hard to 'stand out' (debatable as to whether this is a con or not).

Great experience, great prospects

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

If Facebook calls you, at least listen to the pitch. There are no downsides to working at Facebook. The brand currently has enormous respect, and work is nice (although demanding). To succeed, you need to be a self starter and there is an astonishing lack of ego. In many ways, this might be the most perfect work environment.

Cons

There is no downside to working at Facebook. I do not expect to stay long, but I will stay long enough.

I have no advice to management and if I did, I would say so at an "all hands."

The Toughest (non-military) Job You'll Ever Love

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Facebook was the longest job I ever held, and it's testament to the people, the product and the perks. You're surrounded by an astounding number of really smart, accomplished people who are really dedicated to the company and its mission of connecting the world. Watching the company grow as the product grew from fewer than 50 million users to well over a billion in a few years was an astounding feat.

It's a work hard, play hard place. During my time there, the layers of management did grow, but the organization really strove to stay as nimble and fast-moving as possible. Most of the time, people are recognized and rewarded for their impact.

The perks are up there with the rest of the top Silicon Valley companies. And I really do miss taking a shuttle to work now.

Cons

Depending upon your role, you can find your growth options limiting.

The "work hard" half of the ethos can really burn some people out. (then again, I guess the "play hard" side could do the same...)

There is a bit of an entitlement mentality among some people there, but leadership and others try to stamp that out.

Don't let Sheryl leave!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - ITT  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - ITT in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Free meals and having a lot of friends

Cons

Always on the computer.

Staff is a little nerdy

Massive impact in a short amount of time

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This review is for my 3 month internship.

-Amazingly fast process and a huge amount of control:
      I was given a project and told to run with it. This is both terrifying and awesome, as I got to control an entire new feature. Architecture and design decisions of the feature were made primarily by me, something that I was not really allowed to do in previous internships.

-Fun, smart, and friendly people
      Some of the people on my team were intimidatingly good programming beasts, but talking to them felt super natural and easy. Additionally, my team had several happy hours/ weekly pub crawls where we got to know each other.

Cons

Work/Life balance: Many interns I knew worked weekends and/or late nights. I personally never worked weekends, but have definitely pulled some 12-hr days the week of release dates.

Amazing working conditions, great company culture, open and fast

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great facilities, very open culture, working with amazing individuals from multiple backgrounds, very fast paced and constantly changing in a good way and good career growth opportunities.

Cons

Currently working as a Contractor, so some of the perks are limited like some amazing company events you're allowed to attend but that's understandable.

Energetic, independent work environment

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredibly smart, dedicated people working together in a fun environment to really drive towards the future. Facebook really walks the talk on having a truly open & transparent culture. If you want to make something happen (from a product feature to an employee event); you will have greater tools & receptivity form leadership than anywhere i've ever worked prior.

Cons

Communicating/building relationships with key cross-functional colleagues can be harder from a satellite office + as the company continues to grow in staff in general.

Keep up the great work! Your energy, honesty, passion for people, and true transparency is inspiring on a personal & a professional level; that makes me proud to come to work everyday.

Move fast! Take ownership.

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is great.
    Benefits are still lacking a little behind main competitor in developing countries.

Cons

Although regional and global leadership are amazing, local leadership is not that great.
    Which is also great because it creates a lot of room for us to grow.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Ad Review Specialist  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Ad Review Specialist in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Facebook as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Amazing office culture and community and the free food doesn't hurt! Working with a team that has common goals and works to improve your ability.

Cons

As a contractor, your hours may not be normal and there is an end in sight, but you're not treated as an outsider. People still include you on most things, which is great.

Opportunity to have real impact

Current Employee - Product Analyst  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

FB faces a lot of challenges that no other company in the world faces due to it's size and scale. I really like working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.
    Everyone is smart and driven and you can learn a lot just from those around you.
    The company leaders are really inspiring and some of the best in their fields.

Cons

Work can get pretty hectic and sometimes the work-life balance is skewed too much towards work.
    Compensation is solid but the cost of living in California is crazy.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!