Facebook

Facebook Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you(in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life(in 24 reviews)

Great young energy, but sometimes dull job

Media Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsFast changing, open leadership, good perks.

ConsOver qualified workforce, dull manual tasks

Great perks and work-life balance, really smart people, challenging problems

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

ProsThe people here are all really smart. The emphasis is on output and you're pretty much in control of your hours, it's normal to get out in the middle of the day to hit the gym, etc. Perks are also great, can't beat the food and the micro-kitchens. And every change you make to the code instantly impacts hundreds of millions of users.

ConsAt least for internships, teams are somewhat hit-or-miss: some teams work on really exciting products while others, not so much.

bla

Client Partner (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Prostop notch, couldn't be better

Consno complains so far. Only the weather.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Both Challenging and fascinating

ProsFree working environment. You can notice that your code are really making some contribution to others and the product are possibly to be used by millions of people.

ConsYou have to undergo high pressureboth from your collegue and the project. In most case, you have to deal with the inflexible deadlines

Great atmosphere to work in.

Security Officer (Former Employee) Prineville, OR (US)

ProsFun and laid back atmosphere

ConsDepending on site, it can be pretty boring

Great

Public Policy Internship (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsFree food, interesting work, good stuff, great stuff, awesome awesome awesome things are the best

ConsBecause of the nature of the work, I wasn't able to take any work samples because everything was confidential.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Great place and great people to work with

Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsPeople, Work Atmosphere, Pressure less

ConsContract System, Monotonous work, Irrelevant outside

If you are over 40 Beware!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are great, and there are some very smart an engaging people

ConsMany departments within Facebook have a maturity problem. If, you are 40 or older, I would not apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementMs. Sandburg as the COO needs to evaluate the lack of maturity of those who surround her...the lack of experience is going to cost Facebook potential law suits and brand reputation

Not for the faint of heart!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCollege campus type atmosphere; sometimes you don't even feel like you are at work.
    Food, and lots of it.
    There are some really terrific people who work here.
    IT needs are very easy to get handled and the vending machines are a huge plus.
    Good benefits package.

ConsConstant re-orgs and changing priorities can make it hard to keep up.
    Glaring differences between good managers and bad managers.
    No work/life balance; long hours; must work a lot just to stay afloat; difficult for those with families and/or small children.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should take more time to make sure their people are not dying a slow death due to the pace. More encouragement and time for training or personal growth.

Transparency. Trust. Compassion. Food.

User Operations Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFacebook truly values the important things in life (to me, at least).

- The culture and dialog is open about everything. Whether it's with your manager, on your team or concerning a company wide issue.
    - The amount of power entrusted to employees is huge. You are empowered to go explore and find data, build things, and generally chose the course of action you think will have the most impact.
    - Managers force you to go home if you're not feeling well. Miss your kid's all star game to stay at work and you'll get weird looks. Perform your core function well and you have so much leeway in how you spend your time - (how it should be, right?)
    - The food is so good.

Cons- Sometimes it's momentarily discouraging surrounded by such smart, driven, all-around awesome people. And it can be harder to stand out for excellence (despite internal commitment to acknowledging successes in public and private).
    - On occasion the community can be overly sensitive

Advice to Senior Management- Focus on being transparent with users
    - Simplicity should be a major pillar of the vast majority of new products
    - Keep the user first in all decisions

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!