FXCM

FXCM Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

FXCM CEO and Director Drew Niv

Drew Niv

Pros:
  • "Opportunity to learn if you demonstrate intelligence to the right people"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Good place to start, you can gain valuable experience"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "High turnover and lack of stability"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The company is corrupt, especially on the upper management level; lacks ethics and integrity;"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not recommended, unless you are desperate for experience

Operations Management (Former Employee)

I worked at FXCM full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEasy to get an entry-level position, which can help to move forward in the industry

ConsPunitive work environment. Employees have been yelled at on the floor by managers. Unrealistic productivity goals without adequate focus on quality of work. Management is like a highschool clique.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire external, experienced managers.

Questionable Practices

Tech Support (Former Employee)

I worked at FXCM full-time for more than a year

ProsHaving worked in the IT department i can say that the technology is impressive. The salary is fair but the health benefits are quite good and the employee contribution is very reasonable.

ConsHaving come from Fortune 500 companies i was quite unaccustomed to the rampant nepotism. There are so many people in positions that they are clearly not qualified for. One, however, must keep in mind that although it is a publicly traded company, almost all of the stock is owned by the founder and his family members so you essentailly have a pulicly traded family owned business.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf anything, make any effort to promote people who work hard and demonstrate inititiative as opposed to the obligatory handing out of plums to the well connected.
Stop advertising bonuses you have no intention of paying out.

Good entry level role

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at FXCM full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of professional training, managers give guidance and quasar reviews, friendly people, team atmosphere.

ConsCompany does not appreciate its human capital, lack of growth opportunities outside management, compartmentalized departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to identify and appreciate your best employees and reward them financially.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FXCM

ProsPeople are amazing. this is a great place to work. I had so much fun. It was just awesome. I got to work on some great analytics projects that turned out to be very helpful

ConsEnvironment, alot of people yelling, because it is forex i cannot believe how loud it was. People were in early because of time differences.

Good Internship Experience

Programming Services Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at FXCM as an intern for less than a year

ProsGiven substantial responsibility and learned a lot using the various platforms.

ConsCompensation is a bit low.

Want to chat online for hours a day, everyday for hours? then sign up here.

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee)
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I worked at FXCM full-time for less than a year

ProsIt was good starting at the same time as other new joiners so we could support each other, it was not helpful after a few months when they all resigned.

ConsThe job is advertised as a Financial Services Representative, but it should be renamed Online Internet Chat Specialist. They had 10+ people leave the position within the last year. The office is really short staffed compared to other offices, the current FSR staff are depressed. There is a very small team of 3 or 4 and 2 team leaders, you do the math.
They got some sort of operational "support" in Jerusalem who do not really provide much assistance, usually just to cause fight and friction instead of getting the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhatever you are doing with this office, it isnt working. If you have a look at these glassdoor reviews you should read them, take note and act or you are in total and complete denial about your own ineffectiveness and failures.

Great for some, not so for others.

I have been working at FXCM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTrading nerds are very welcome here!
Some positions allow work-from-home flexibility.
If you're mobile, there are positions available in other countries- sometimes long term.
The people that make FXCM are easy to get along with. Not much internal drama or fighting.

ConsThere is a high burn out rate for the entry-level service and sales positions.
There is a lack of timely communications between teams/departments.
Advancement is difficult for the majority of new hires because internal growth is slower than ideal.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve staff in decision making- don't just lay out what's going to change but rather get insight and input ahead of policy/organizational change, let employees see the thought process and contribute solutions.

Great experience working as a FX Broker Intern doing sales and financial services.

FX Broker Intern (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at FXCM as an intern for less than a year

ProsWork environment, employees, work ethic, and overall ability to be proactive.

ConsLimited upward mobility and no clear focus on tasks assigned.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a deeper emphasis on ensuring the ground level employees are doing what needs be done and learning to propel them in years to come with their careers.

Fast paced work environment, good management.

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at FXCM full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking for FXCM has been a good experience. Management is very competent and accessible. The company is full of respectable and impressive people. Keeping an eye on the forex market and knowing about trading is necessary.

This job provides exposure and opportunities that will prove especially valuable if the FX Market continues to grow in popularity.

ConsThe job is very fast paced and can be a grind. The upside to this is that anyone in this position will learn a lot, quickly.

Very good time with the company! Great 5 years

FX Sales Broker (Former Employee)

I worked at FXCM full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA lot of room for growing. Company is very flat. If you are a hard worker, at the end of the year you can expect between 10% to 15% increase of your salary. You learn a lot about the FX markets and platforms. The industry change very fast, so there is time to get bored. Everyday you learn something new.

ConsLow starting salary. Departments do not seems sync with the overall company goals. Every department creates its own boundaries creating inefficiencies in the work flow and do not consider how that can impact the bottom line (The client). You have to know employees in every department if you want to get the things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementCultivate the good talent. Do not only promote people because of loyalty. Loyalty is good, but if those loyal people do not have talent, they create bureaucracy and talented employees leaves the firm without telling you the reasons.

Flag Review

FXCM Human Resources responded to this review

Dec 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you feel you had a great experience working at FXCM and would recommend our company to a friend as an employer of choice. We also appreciate the ... More

Worked for FXCM? Contribute to the Community!

FXCM – Why Work for Us?

FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide. At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FXCM reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for FXCM CEO Drew Niv. All 106 reviews are posted anonymously by FXCM employees.