Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing
www.experian.com New York, NY

Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014
Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing – New York – “Experian Cheetahmail”

Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing President Matt Seeley

Matt Seeley

Awesome culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing full-time

ProsWork hard, play hard attitude. Amazing team. It is a great company to start with and grow. There were lot of opportunites to learn and develop your career.

ConsAs the company grew, I think it slowly started losing its core values.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain the culture.

Great people, good place

Associate Director, Client Services (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey're able to attract great brands to work with. You're empowered to make decisions. There is a high level of trust in employees. It's also a great place to start a career in digital marketing. You'll be exposed to a lot even at the entry level.

ConsDifficulty making decisions about the future. Myopia has keep the company behind the pack in the space. Experian seems to be the cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake bold moves. Take more risks. Be the start up that made CheetahMail so successful.

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking at Experian, you will learn a lot. You'll have the chance to hone your time and project management skills. Gain experience working with HTML & data in addition to interacting with clients.

ConsThe cons can vary depending on which team/client you get assigned to. Hours can be long, multiple changes at the last minute with little to no heads up.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a pretty good job of balancing the "bad" with the good but there does need to be greater representation from the top.

Great people all around you, but disconnected upper management. It has evolved in the wrong direction

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIntelligent and eager individuals working hard on all their accounts. Great teams and a lot of collaboration.

ConsOutsourcing jobs to Costa Rica, disconnected upper-management, confusing decisions on promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementClients (and Experian middle-management) will not enjoy having their key contacts outsourced

Poor training and even poorer management

Prosbenefits, casual dress, decent pay

ConsNo training, no ongoing training, no clear communication from upper management about whats really going on. Making cuts and moving jobs out of the country told in morning and laid off by afternoon. Horrible way to run a business!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe stop paying yourselves huge salaries for running the company into the ground while the real stars are working their asses off and then losing their jobs over your bad management!

Years ahead of digging themselves out of a mess

Anonymous (Former Employee)

I worked at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing full-time

ProsGood benefits, Experian treats management well with perks like stock awards, management training

ConsTechnology is one of the biggest issues to date. Legacy system is a mess and new CCM platform was not ready for prime time at launch. Clients are miserable on it and I fear new clients will feel unbelievably duped. Clients are leaving in droves as is staff. In addition, staffing changes are going to make the servicing aspect very difficult, which is what CCM hung their hat on. The new GM needs to go. Never around and would prefer to manage up than understand what's really happening within the company. Middle management is overwhelmed and the perks and salaries can no longer justify staying. It could be great with a great "story" but I don't feel hopeful that it will turn around anytime soon. I would not recommend CCM to a client looking to move to a new ESP or a friend looking for a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. Grow balls.

Outsourcing to Costa Rica and company is going downhill fast. Recent lay-offs.

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFun, hard-working and friendly environment.

ConsThere is a lack of focus on development and not much room for movement and promotions, especially with the recent lay-offs. Experian is outsourcing positions to Costa Rica, for cheaper pay. They have changed a lot in the past 5 years and it's not for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet you're stories straight before they are announced to the group at large, so everyone is on the same page. Pay market salaries. Be honest.

A once thriving organization going downhill

Client Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- Have met some great people whom I consider friends
- Free snacks are available throughout the day, subsidized vending machines
- 3 weeks vacation to start

Cons- Difficult to maintain work-life balance with the expectation that you are at your client's beck and call 24/7/365
- People who brown-nose senior management often get promoted into positions they are undeserving of and ill-prepared for
- Major layoffs sending a bulk of Client Services jobs to Costa Rica, which clients will be none-too-thrilled of when they get wind of it

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've taken a once-great organization and drove it to the ground by not investing in the right technology while there was still time.

Beginning of the End

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Prosflexible about PTO / WFH
lots of training opportunities
lots of office perks like free fruit, snacks, monthly happy hours and team outings

ConsThe customer is always right
Behind the technology curve
embarrassing tech failures - no attempt at internal vigilancy / future resolution
no career opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your technology - company will fail without it

You can find better jobs, its not great like it use to be

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

ProsThere are a ton of side perks like bagels on Wednesday and cupcakes for birthdays.

ConsThe company almost never promotes internally, even if you are doing the job of people above you. They always hire outside people rather than promote from within. As a result it is easy to become stagnant within the company. There is no consistancy to the work. It all depends on what team you are placed. Some people work like dogs while others lounge around.

Worked for Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing CEO Matt Seeley. All 60 reviews are posted anonymously by Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing employees.