Everglades University

Updated 26 September, 2014
Updated 26 September, 2014
1.7

Kristi L. Mollis

Everglades University has a phenomenal team!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some of the most dedicated faculty and staff I have ever had the pleasure to work with! Beautiful campuses and cutting edge programs with high graduate and placement rates. Competitive salaries and benefits and a very rewarding career. Holiday schedule follows traditional academic year. Great opportunity for advancement as the University is growing and opening more campuses!

Cons

Fast pace, strong student focus they do come first!

Love my job!

I have been with Everglades University going on Five Years and I have enjoyed the Teamwork!

Current Employee - Administrative Support  in  Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at Everglades University has many rewards, the best reward for me is making a difference in the lives of our students. I believe in Education, and the students who attend her have the best Instructors at their fingertips. The Staff always has an Open Door Policy. We work as a Team, this is what makes working here wonderful to me!

Cons

The only challenge of working here for me has been seeing our students Graduate and move on. We have touched their lives and they have touched ours, my heart breaks seeing them go....

I have no advice for the Upper Management, except thank for having me be apart of the EU Team!

Excellent people to work with

I have been working at Everglades University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In my years at Everglades University, I have had the absolute pleasure of working with some of the most talented faculty and staff I could ever hope to meet. There is an overall atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration; everyone is always willing to spend time to give helpful advice or train you on a new skill.

Cons

There is a tendency to focus on immediate concerns rather than long-range planning.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great

Current Employee - Admission Counselor  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time for less than a year

Pros

benefits good place to start

Cons

sales stress and hard to meet quotas

need more leads

I love working at EU! Great people, great faculty and great students.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Univeristy cares about it's students. I have seen that first hand and the student satisfaction rate is very high! The University is beautiful and the team is great.

Cons

You have to work and if you don't truly care about the students and a high level of customer service you won't last.

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

Worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I worked at Everglades University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay of you're allowed to work overtime... Don't make them mad or they'll take it away from you...

Cons

Management is horrific and blatantly unprofessional. Ridiculously high turnover (not just sales either but like deans, Vice Presidents, department chairs... Just walking out). I've worked at gas stations with more professional and smarter managers. You don't need to be a hard worker to succeed here. You need to have your spine removed, care nothing for the students and the fact that you're giving them almost 100k worth of debt, be completely devoid of your own personality, not ever want to see your family again and enjoy bending over backwards for people that don't appreciate it. If that's you then you'll do just fine here.

Retire and stop working and interacting with human beings in general.

Sales

I worked at Everglades University

Pros

Good pay but long hours

Cons

Fire often never secure in your position

none

RUN!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Everglades University

Pros

Decent pay. It's a job. Experience only. If you are looking to build your resume deal with it as long as you can.

Cons

Horrible unprofessional rude disrespectful management. Seeta needs personal and professional help. Most evil unprofessional person I've encountered. This place cares NOTHING about employees. If you have morals and don't tolerate disrespect this is not the place for you.

Replace them all.

horrible

Former Employee - Campus Admissions  in  Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Campus Admissions in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I worked at Everglades University full-time for more than a year

Pros

to have your own office

Cons

managment changes a lot nothing is consistent

fie the president

MAY GOD FORGIVE ME!!!

Former Employee - Admission Counselor  in  Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Admission Counselor in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I worked at Everglades University full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no Pros! DO NOT ENROLL AND DO NOT APPLY!!!

Cons

I have worked for this company for over a year as an Admissions Counselor. I have had to do some of the most demeaning, deceitful things just to enroll students. I have lied about the benefits of the programs. Promised them job opportunities for such off the wall programs such as Alternative Medicine or Alternative and Renewable energy. Lets get real! You have people with Accounting and engineering degrees that can't get a job and you think these prospective students will get a job with these degrees! GET REAL! Upon approval of management I was directed to tell a student to ENROLL OR ELSE. This is a Heavy Sales position. Understand that! With that being said, no one wants to enroll to an unknown school for $8000.00 a semester for undergrad for approximately 11 semesters. That's almost $90,000.00 just for a bachelors degree. INSANE!!!!!!! when well known community colleges cost 1/4th of that price. This school has no amenities. No Gym, no clubs no job opportunities. The classes are 1 month long. Imagine what you have learned in a class that you have taken all semester and condense that into 1 month. Now think quality of learning and retaining that material. Yeah Right!!! My job was to threaten students to enroll, If not I would have been fired. The president Kristi Mollis and her subordinates threaten your job on a daily basis. They call you,email you and text you several times daily while you are making calls and with prospective students wanting to now if you have found another sucker! and wanted constant reports daily. This seriously slows down your daily progress of finding said sucker! The stress and fear you have on a daily basis of losing the job will erode you inside in ways you can only imagine in NIGHTMARES!!. I have deceived students to enroll just to keep a job. I HOPE GOD CAN FORGIVE ME as these students will be in debt up to their ears with a degree which is virtually useless, unless you run out of toilet paper at home. If some part of you is looking for a job at Everglades University and you see this message. I hope you take this seriously. If i had a chance to speak to someone who was looking to get hired at Everglades University, I would tell them that not only is it better for them not to have a job, but that it would be better for them if they walked blindfolded, in reverse, into oncoming traffic!

I pray GOD has mercy on your souls!!

Worked for Everglades University? Contribute to the Community!