Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.6 1,819 reviews

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

Pros
  • Development is team-centric and work-life balance is taken seriously by management(in 151 reviews)

• Work environment is very good and lot of onsite oppurtunities(in 129 reviews)

Cons
  • if you Job require you to work in Shift then work life balance is difficult(in 54 reviews)

• Poor initial planning leads to many changes in decision making and major inefficiencies(in 40 reviews)

1,819 Employee Reviews

generally very good

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

Prosgood management (most of the time)
    great opportunities to take up responsibility and develop
    lots of learning opportunities
    travel possible (global)
    good team spirit between direct colleagues

increasingly strong(er) focus on employee engagement

ConsUSA - the CEO and some middle management come from NORTEL, and have destructive management styles - but less influential than previous.

USA - work-life balance is a mystery .... they don't know what it is ... see NORTEL ways of working.

Jul 13, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and positive comments about the opps and good team spirit! We also appreciate your constructive feedback around management as this information ... More

Great companies with good benefits and many opportunities for growth.

Verification Engineer (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsVery good health care benefits compared to similar companies in the area. Working with interesting cutting edge technology. You are always learning and expected to step up. Lean and agile environment. Overall good people to collaborate with and always will to help.

ConsNo cons really except salary compensation could be better compared to local competitions. Regular layoffs but this seems to be the nature of this industry to remain competitive.

Jul 01, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell you about your experience of working at Ericsson. We are glad that you are enjoying and having a good time. Keep up with great work.

Good company to work for

Junior Innovation Engineering (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

Pros- Very good working environment
    - Very little stress
    - Has a free gym for the employees
    - Fair compensations
    - Interesting works in the telecommunication field

Cons- Many people speak French, so if you want to really blend in, you need French
    - The work environment is not motivating enough

Advice to Senior Management- Increase the work pace
    - Better starting salaries for people outside of the province

Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review

Jun 13, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your positive feedback and also your recommendations on how we can improve. This information is valuable to our team in our effort to be a ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Old process no one follows + lots of politics + Sales teams offering not feasible completions times = STEP AWAY

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

Pros- The technology this company create/sells is the only thing you could be interested to be here.
    - Pretty interesting projects. Technical complex project for people that want to learn
    - Company has no concurrence in NorthAmerica. No one produces what they produce (Chineese companies are banned from USA, so the LTE market is only for Ericsson)
    - On-site Gym, On-site restos, On-site Daycare (good but really trying to compensate the lack of life-balance and the "always-late" projects' culture)

ConsThe first and most dramatic CON is:
    - Lot of politics. Like the olf 80s style. Old fashion, at all levels. Really disgusting. Some BU more than others, but exagerated and toxic.
    - If your style is not to deal with politics, stay away. There are a lot of incompetent people that deals with politics and stay well in this company.

The 2nd one:
    - Advise to new graduates and juniors: If you Join Ericsson, there is a possibility you cannot go out because your skills will be si tight Ericsson's product, and you will value zero in the job market after 5 years.
    So, if after 1-2 years you do not feel comfortable, two years is the max time to be here; if not your mobility will be in risk, and be forced to remain here forever... (no matter what)

The 3rd one:
    - Internal process is an old and outdated project process that NO ONE follows.
    (20-something years old project process. Five CEO has passed. No one pushed to update the process -As IBM did with Lou Gestner in the 80s)

All the rest, but not less important:

- Sales teams in RNAM promess delivery times that are not real, therefore the service teams are forced to work long hours for long months because lack of synch

- Project Markets around telco HW is fastly moving to standard Java/web development, therefore small, cheaper service companies could build services faster, cheaper than Ericsson. THis creates a business pressure to justify Ericsson's project costs to the customer, And makling harder to change the "project always late" culture (work work work and you have to forget your life

- Culture in RNAM US is like US, dynamic and American way (right to the point, sell, sell, sell, make-it happen no matter what - zero life balance GOOD for the business. Bad for the persona life.

Advice to Senior Management- Management is competent, but the cannot do so much. The fact "Internal process is an old and outdated project process that NO ONE follows" making every project (EVERY) a chaos culture is a responsibility of CEO and headquarters in Sweden. Reason? NorthAmerican telco market is 100% Ericsson = Money!

Chaning the process implies to re-structure the company, which means costly money an dimpact in customer projects.

Jun 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write the reviews. We are constantly striving to improve our internal processes and make them faster and more reliable. As 40% or all world mobile ... More

Good place to work, cutting edge of telecommunications

Customer Project Manager II (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsGreat opportunities to development in different technological areas. A great culture of team work and very good camaraderie, very acceptable cafeteria, in house gym.

ConsNot a great place to grow to higher managerial positions. Work life balance is similar to other companies in technology, a lot of the activities are executed at night.

Overall good place to work

Software Developer (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsVery easy-going and laid back. Very nice people. Very culturally diverse.

ConsManagement is a bit too laid back, meaning driven individuals may feel held back. Not really a software company, so they're more focused on telecom rather than software design.

Great company to work for.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON

ProsEmployee work-life balance is important for the company.
    There is a collaborative atmosphere and everyone is friendly.

ConsNo easy career progression possible without moving to Sweden (this only applies to the Ottawa office).
    Management in Ottawa has been there for many years with no change.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore career growth opportunities in Ottawa.

Pretty good experience

Coop Software Developer (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsThe people are very friendly, Managers are usually very good and helpful. Good balance of work and life and great food at the cafeteria.

ConsAs an Intern, I am a little disappointed in my task. I really think I can handle more complicated stuff and learn more on my way there.

Excellent company to work for

Project Manager (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsExcellent company to work for

ConsLarge global company - bureaucracy heavy

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyed working here as an intern

ConsMore work responsibilities and conversion process

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!