Equifax Reviews

Updated 16 September, 2014
2.9

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down (in 13 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Stable, old company. Incredibly Political.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The checks never bounce. They are a stable old company.

Your experience really depends on the group. My previous group was incredibly political and pitted team members against each other and the leadership was petty and vindictive. One minute you were a hero the next you were a villain having not changed your behavior only difference is the wind direction.

The group where I currently work is a good group they treat you like adult both in giving you the autonomy to do your job and hold you accountable for the deliverables for which you are assigned.

Cons

This place is a political minefield. You are not allowed to just do your job you have to worry about navigating the political landscape and figuring out who you have to schmooze to be successful.

They are always "trying" to be cutting edge in technology but with no vision or forethought. They rush from solution to solution and technology to technology trying to find the right solution when they really need some introspection to determine who they want to be an a company and allowing the technology compliment the vision.

Value the talent that you have. Grow the talent that you have. Give your people autonomy to manage their span of control.
    Slow down, stop with the politics and get a vision for where the organization is going and then decide on the solution to support it that vision.
    Start measuring the managers, VP & SLTs on the growth and retention of their team. If your team isnt growing or you have high turnover or very low employee survey results it should be looked at very carefully and there should be accountability at all levels.

Slow to market

Current Employee - Director  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work environment is nice, there is personal growth to a certain point, and the benefits are on par with other companies of this size. The company is growing... and will continue to do so.

Cons

Very political environment, so if you don't like the "good ole boy" network - look elsewhere. Also, very slow to get new products to market. Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down...

Don't focus so much on what makes YOU look good, consider making your employees look good and maybe they'll be happier. Recognize accomplishments - don't take the credit for things you didn't do.

Good solid company that is financially sound, great training for future jobs, extremely political

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you work hard you can make decent money but pay is very slow. Not the best pay or even up to par within the industry but benefits make up for that. Smart people with lots of experience. Decent work life balance and a positive attitude on working remotely if that is important to you. Good funding for new products and positive change happening to be a more innovative company and not a Me Too in the product space. Great place to work if you want future hiring managers to choose you as they will seek Equifax employees out knowing how hard it is to be successful here so you will be a rock star when you leave Equifax and go somewhere else.

Cons

Operations, finance and legal led culture makes it challenging on sales and marketing. Sales people are bogged down by endless processes and not enough support. Most leadership spends their time in internal meetings and doesn't engage with customer facing employees to hear how things could improve for the end user experience. Very little personal growth available within the company no matter how successful you are. If you try to climb the ladder, be prepared for management to be vindictive and backstabbing trying hard to block any attempt from success outside their own group and HR will do nothing but back the good ole boy club in those attempts if they make themselves available at all.

You hire very well initially and have great experienced people on your teams. Stop the attrition to the competition and elsewhere. Restructure HR to become a trusted place for employees to share their concerns and talk about future growth. The key word is trusted.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Little opportunity for entry level.

Former Employee - Income Verification  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Income Verification in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Equifax as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good working environment. For the most part lower level management communicates direction and goals effectively. Also, they are readily available to their subordinates.

Cons

The company, at least in my area, is transitioning to hiring a largely temporary workforce. Those with seniority are becoming increasingly rare and contracts seem to be either extended or terminated.

Offer your employees greater opportunity for advancement.

in IT - Good Pay, Low/No Upward Mobility

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

IT division in Equifax was severely underfunded for better part of the 2000s. I was fortunate to join just when Equifax started investing in IT. The culture and type of work improved as did the staff count. Overall a great development experience catching up in technology since 2007 till now

Cons

Equifax is absolutely horrible when it comes to human resource management. Performance reviews are a joke. There are no career tracks of any sort. In my 7 years with the company, I have perhaps seen a handful of resources move up in the organization. For the most part, the company prefers hiring from the outside for higher level roles. Promotions are almost unheard of.

Don't manage from the top down. Allow employees to demonstrate innovative ideas and you will be surprised. There are a lot of talented people in the company, give them a chance.
    Also, IT is not a cost center... I would argue Equifax is an IT company, treat IT as a core competency and invest in innovation. Promote employees from within

Sales

Former Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company allows people to be innovative with clients. Revenue driven. Mid management are top notch. People are great to work with.

Cons

Be careful your compensation may not get paid. Health benefits are poor. If you are innovative and close a sale don't expect to get compensated until you have a revenue plan for your product

People are your greatest asset. Treat them with respect.

OKay

Former Employee - QA Analyst  in  Coraopolis, PA (US)
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Coraopolis, PA (US)

I worked at Equifax as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

It's a job. It pays money. They will pay you and hire you through a temp company. I can't really recommend going out for a job at this place. Unless you're job hungry.

Cons

The company seemed a little disorganized over all, I was hired through a temp agency and let go three months later. I was poorly trained and things just seemed confused over all.

Invest in actually training people.

I had a great experience. An overall great company to work for.

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with some very nice people who have become life long friends. They hire people of quality and morals, not just anyone. My superiors were very fair. The raises came when expected. My hours were flexible and fair. I worked in a fast paced environment where there was plenty of work to be done. I learned a lot of skills while working there. I would definitely still be working there, but being a military family, we had to move.

Cons

The only thing bad I have to say about my experience was that I occasionally had to work on Saturdays. That is really the only thing I didn't like.

None

Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training, management, opportunity for growth

Cons

Tedious and monotonous daily work schedule

Offer more opportunities for education without disruption from work. Option to work from home.

Great company but not an exciting product.

Former Employee - Events & PR Manager  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - Events & PR Manager in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in Equifax Spain. I was a well stablished company. Great people and good location.

Cons

It is a hard group to becone a part os. But this is true for anyone not originally from Spain. Very close knit.

Try to become more internationally mindset.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!