Equifax Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Nice Place to work

I worked at Equifax

Pros

I found the company to offer Great benefits, there are some great people there, the pay is very fair with yearly employess evaluations

Cons

Need to work long hours to make an impact to promotion, there are some politics as with every company, sometimes will get pigeon holed into one job

Advice to Management

None, keep empowering your employees to contribute to the success of the company; it's all about the people. Take care of the people and your product, everything else will take care of itself

2. Good place to work but not great pay

Former Employee - Unemployment Insurance Consultant in Omaha, NE (US)
    Former Employee - Unemployment Insurance Consultant in Omaha, NE (US)

I worked at Equifax (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere and really nice people to work with. There were also many opportunities for professional development with seminars monthly. There was a lot of opportunity to learn more about the company and the clients they served.

Cons

These positions have horrible pay and consultants are pushed to complete a specified number of calls. The calls kept growing but people were never permitted for overtime. This wasn't too big of a deal but it did kinda rush work and probably decreased quality.

3. Directir

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax

Pros

Smart people and trying to get into using new technologies

Cons

In grown technologies make it hard to innovate. Frequent layoffs of key people set it back regularly. Then they hire the same position within months.

Advice to Management

Get the IT and HR strategy together

5. Team Lead

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Powder Springs, Cobb, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Powder Springs, Cobb, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home options. Great work environment. Opportunities to advance career.

Cons

Benefits are not the best.

Poor communication

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO (US)

I worked at Equifax

Pros

The pay was nice, also the people around you were helpful. There is always room for advancement.

Cons

Lack of communication, when superiors have a problem they do not go directly to you. They go behind your back

7. Going Places

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Pros

well organised, progressive, ambitious, customer focussed,

Cons

None that I can think of

8. Strong Leadership

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some very bright people that work at Equifax that are focused and driven. Showing initiative and consistent solid performance won't go unnoticed. Upward mobility is one of the major perks. There are many employees who have been with the company 20+ years.

Cons

The work-life balance could be better. When you are surrounded by career driven people, the 40 hour work week goes out the window.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the best and brightest but make an effort to improve the work-life balance for all employees by encouraging vacation usage and discouraging long hours at the office.

9. Room for Improvement

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Able to work from home

Cons

If you work from home, difficult to network and move up in the organization. Very bureaucratic. Half the challenge of the job is knowing who to talk to, to get things done. Many forms to fill out and hoops to do anything from moving up to getting a contract completed.

Advice to Management

A mentor program to move up would be helpful. The labyrinth of red tape throughout the organization needs to be addressed.

10. Not for me

I worked at Equifax

Pros

Large and profitable organization. Good people, solid benefits and salaries paid are on par or better than industry standards. Good working environment.

Cons

A lot of very satisfied with the stars quo types have infiltrated the organization over the years making it nearly impossible to make it for long as an outsider. Not a lot of drivers or innovation here and a whole lot of passengers along for the ride.

Advice to Management

Either kill or organize the 90 day plan, its ridiculous to think that you retract the movements of new employees to internal functions especially when the internal 90 day plan is so poorly conceived and managed.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Implementation in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love the time off available and the people in the company. Great tuition reimbursement program. Freedom to manage desk as I see fit, though this is not the case in every position.

Cons

Managers are not held to any standard but I've discovered how to deal with them. Hr is more concerned with protecting the company than the employees. Having a hard time moving within the company even with exceptional reviews year after year but others have had an easier time. I feel stuck in my current role. Manger actually suggested I look outside the company for a new job.

Advice to Management

Have better training for managers. My manager has developed her own processes and refuses to attend any management training meetings. Manager promised me a position, I developed the processes for the position, and then was told me I was not qualified. Despite all of the stress on employee development, my manger has not been able to provide any assistance.

RSS Feed </> Embed