Equifax

www.equifax.com

Equifax Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Equifax – West Des Moines – “Datavision now Equifax office 4300 Westown Prkwy”

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith

Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance(in 18 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • CEO and senior management are bullies and needs a lesson in humility(in 13 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded(in 8 reviews)

Equifax is a highly motivated company to provide products and services to meet customer needs. As an industry leader, E

Senior Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe company goals are communicated from the CEO down and employees are highly motivated to reach them.

ConsThere is limited upward mobility within Equifax.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to look at all levels for candidates for postions. There may be a diamond in the rough.

Great First Job out of College

Production Project Manager (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsLeadership; Working Environment; Support Staff; Extensive Training; Easy to approach management team; More than adequate compensation for the work

ConsPromotions are sometimes difficult to attain; Too much emphasis on Six Sigma following change of upper level management

Overall strong company

ProsDiversification allows for movement within the company. New assets and new perspective is allowing the company to move beyond being just a bureau.

ConsHighly matrixed environment creates bureaucracy and over thinking.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Use the name to get some place worth staying.

Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros- Benefits ... but whoa! to the person who actually uses vacation time! No one is going to help your customers when you're out of the office.

ConsI could give you the whole list but it would be useless. Read the other negative reviews. The people leaving positive reviews are more than likely in management or C-Level Exec's.

After 9 years in sales, I can honestly say the job was a dream when I first started. I cannot come close to saying that now. Over the years the systems have gone from old to antique. And, getting a product added to an account is like pulling your own finger nails out because they keep adding people and steps to the process which make no sense. If one person in Operations is on vacation and they have any responsibility for implementing a product, no set-ups will be complete until that person returns or someone finds a manager who knows what to do. We actually bust it out getting our numbers (which aren't given to us until April or May)only to be told in December the quota is being changed and you did not reach your goals ... NO COMPENSATION FOR YOU!

Oh, and that's another thing. You can bring in $500K in extra revenue YOY and still only be 75% of goal while the goof-off sitting next to you brings in $94K and is 110% of goal. Unrealistic quotas, no equity in compensations, and systemic problems with the processes makes this company a dud.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell your stock and run like rabbits. The competition you have taken for granted has updated systems and offer COMMISSION!

Poor

Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsYou get lots of overtime

ConsThe have unrealistic goals for you to meet for Any kind of bonus and change the things you need to obtain and do to finish an order They don't let you off for any personal or medical reasons.

Bcoming an Extremely Dis-jointed Operation in Ireland

ProsIt used to be a terrific place to work, both over the last number of years it has become lost in its own lies and management, not knowing what it wants from its staff.

ConsOutdated support software
    Outdated Mission statements
    Outdated and non relevant objectives
    Self indulgent management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet clued up to whats going on and not rely on its management to provide truths

Forget people - Drive the dollars

Account Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsLong time stable organization that is in the midst of a refocusing on new data driven solutions. Piles of data both regulated and unregulated for use in developing new services.

ConsThe focus on the bottom line has lead to the "job elimination" of legacy employees (15+ years of service) resulting in a drain on IP that cannot be replaced with younger less expensive associates. The focus on quarter to quarter bottom line has resulted in the changing, after the fact, of the incentive program refusing to pay top performers the $$ they earned under the program. The reasoning being "the program structure was paying out too much for the individual's account portfolio size." Bottom line - people worked their tails off to achieve exceptional results, regardless of their "portfolio size", to improve the EFX bottom line, only to be told that what they thought they earned was determined after the fact to be more than the architects of the plan felt was appropriate.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you create an incentive program, stick to it. Don't change the deal after you see that it will cost you more than you budgeted - after all the only person benefitting from the increased revenue with lower payouts are the senior executives whose performance incentives are tied to overall revenue growth.

Adequate company that may be too diverse with its products for its own good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsGood pay, relaxed company culture, friendly employees. There seemed to be room for growth, although management reorganization happened quite frequently.

ConsCompany is so large and has acquired so many different smaller companies that keeping up-to-date with its products is next to impossible. There isn't enough education between departments, so selling these other solutions to clients was confusing and made you look like you didn't know what you were talking about (because most of the time you didn't). If you did manage to sell something other than your main product, getting it implemented is a whole different set of issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen lines of communication between departments so that cross-selling is easier.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsProfitable company with clear visibility into your salary and bonus potential

ConsCompany is conservative and slow to invest in new and innovative ideas

Very Disappointed

Account Manager/CRM (Current Employee)

ProsGoing into 2014 there is not a Pro I can think of....other then I still have a job and that is what you will be told. Be happy you have a job!

Cons2014 has started out as a nightmare! I am not sure anyone knows what our goals are for this year. We are into the second quarter of the year and still have no clue what our first quarter goals are. Whoever in this company makes the decision on goals has an issue with letting the employees know what they are until half the year has past. Then when they update the employees of what they are they tell us we did not hit the goal so they don't have to pay any bonuses. We can never count on our goals to remain the same throughout the year as they indicate in the comp. plan that they are subject to change. This change will happen if we are close to hit it or exceed it as they do not want to pay out for our efforts. The main theme with this company is we need to focus on the shareholder bottom line for their payouts. The compensation for your work has decrease by more then 20% over the past 2 years and the benefits cost have increase over 50% in order to make the payout for the shareholders increase year over year as the employees continue to take major pay cuts. Management is being pushed to micromanage their employees or they will not keep their positions. This makes for a very unhappy work place. Top performers are jumping ship like it is on fire.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes! Turn up your hearing aids! This may be a major company but if top performer are leaving at record numbers you are not doing something right. Unless this is your plan to payless $$$ to your employees?

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!