Equifax
www.equifax.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Equifax Reviews

Updated Apr 02, 2014
Equifax – West Des Moines – “Datavision now Equifax office 4300 Westown Prkwy”

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith

Rick Smith

Pros:
  • "They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Stable company with good benefits"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "CEO and senior management are bullies and needs a lesson in humility"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Lack of career path and development programs"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

VP Technology

Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent leadership team with great financial discipline

ConsMiddle management is not empowered

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce number of senior executives and create more empowerment in the ranks

Good work, challenging leadership

Mid-level Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEquifax is a solid company that has been around for over 100 years and provides a stable work environment.

ConsSome senior leaders have been around too long and seem to continue to be promoted based on seniority rather than merit.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry an occasional bottom up performance evaluation. I think you will be shocked at what your work place has to say about some of the managers.

Sales - Technology and Data

Technology Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIndustry Leader, Rock solid IT stability, Solid financial performance

ConsTend to lean on data sales over technology solutions to drive revenue. Technology should be viewed as the method to embed the data.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue Tenure and invest in LME through the addition of staff to promote relationships with third party software providers.

Great opportunity for growth & recognition

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

ProsEquifax provides a great opportunity for growth within the company for high performers. They value experience as well as welcome and support innovative ideas. Equifax rewards employees for big achievements and provides recognition that lends itself to great morale. They are good at communicating the status of the company with employees are are very transparent into what's going on within the company - whether it's exciting things or obstacles we need to overcome.

ConsCorporate policies can slow down processes at time - just like any other large company. The new program called "Connections" was intended to provide employees insight into their career opportunities in the company, but has ended up being more discouraging as you see how "low" you are rather than seeing that possibilities to move up. However, this is actually not representative of how the company provides opportunities - there are a lot of possibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKill the "Connections" program.

Overall experience was good. Corporate culture is still a bit old school. Processes and procedures evolving but behind.

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSolid company, great executive leadership, strong financials.

ConsProcesses and procedures dated, still very manual by industry standards,

Advice to Senior ManagementLess reactivity. Strive to establish process standards what will promote a smooth and sustainable operating rhythm.

Great!

Intern (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax as an intern for less than a year

Prospeople seemed happy and learned a lot

ConsToo many hours but okay

Just okay, nothing exceptional.

I have been working at Equifax full-time

ProsGreat co-workers. The company tries to implement ways to make things better for the employees by creating ways to show appreciation.

ConsThe pay could be better and opportunities for advancement are slim if you do not associate with the right people.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that you were once an in the same shoes as your subordinates. Appreciate your employees more and take a leadership class.

fgj

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Prosa good conservative company with alot of growth potential. good culture and dedicated workforce

Constoo many management people. Need more workers than managers. Alot of unnecessary overhead.

Advice to Senior Managementgj

Good company to work for with a changing culture to the positive

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible schedules, good pay, decent benefits. I have had great career growth with Equifax.

ConsBudgeting process is a joke, company like to act like a single entity corporation when it's still badly fragmented within each region from a budgeting and IT perspective.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the budgeting process actually mean something and work on creating a better environment for international cooperation.

Hamster running in wheel. Office workers beware!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Equifax

ProsBenefits are good. A few of the workers were nice.

ConsMicromanaged. Felt like I was in prison. High stress and very little recognition for a job that requires 110% of your time and energy. No room for advancement unless you know someone in Upper Management. Terrible morale

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what goes on in the lower departments - some of which are the backbone of the company Play 'undercover boss' in your company and see what you find. You'll have a new-found appreciation for us 'little people' and maybe you'll implement some policies to ensure these people don't feel so neglected and forgotten. They work very hard for very little reward.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equifax reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Equifax CEO Rick Smith. All 169 reviews are posted anonymously by Equifax employees.