Epsilon

Updated 15 December, 2014
3.1

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is said to be important but I think that depends on your supervisor (in 19 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible (in 28 reviews)

• The HR team would ask managers to not blame on upper management but tell the employees they got what deserved which is not true (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work

I worked at Epsilon

Pros

Good work-life balance, profitable company, aggressive targets

Cons

Lots of satellite offices, easy to feel isolated

Toronto location review

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good managers on digital side.
    Nice ppl.

Cons

Salary could be more.
    little room for growth.

Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Epsilon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellence product in a very nice Market

Cons

Need longer plan for remote offices, Hire people and let them go after one year is very short sighting

No Clear Strategy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people at Toronto location

Cons

No clear strategy, shifting of priorities have left Toronto office in limbo. Morale is broken

Find a plan, get buy-in and proceed.

Good Company, but declining as an employer

Current Employee - Senior Accounts Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Accounts Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

Industry leader, cutting edge products and services make it a great place to learn. Rapidly expanding with the marketplace today.

Cons

Pay is mediocre, at least in Canada. They're too busy trying to become a "single source solution" that they're forgetting to become experts in anything.

Slow down and give your employees time to digest the changes and growth before you move on to the next acquisition.

Good to stay

Current Employee - Associate Statistician in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Associate Statistician in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible working hours. easy interpersonal relationship

Cons

Limited growth to male. Too comfortable

Marketing Sweat shop

Current Employee - Marketing in West Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in West Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive salary and company looks like an attractive place to work for.

Cons

There is no work/life balance and departments seem to work against each other. Consistently being forced to put work ahead of health and family.

Middle management seems to lack professionalism. I have heard a few talk about employees with other employees and even use obscenities during meetings.

Never should have signed the offer letter.

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked from home (good and bad). Benefits were good. I made many connections while working at Epsilon but this is only due to my own efforts. Gym and cafeteria on-site. Most of my coworkers were friendly.

Cons

Lack of training or direction. I watched recorded training videos and did "real-life" case studies for TWO months before receiving a client account. The "real-life" case studies were out of date and did not put me in realistic day-to-day scenarios.
    Management clearly favored certain team members who progressed in their career while other deserving team members received no promotions or raises due to personal bias.
    Management team never evaluated their processes to improve even when employees and clients made suggestions. Rather, they took the constructive criticism personally.
    I was told raises and promotions were not given to any teammates at mid-year reviews and a week later, three team members were promoted.
    Many promotions were given merely based on the amount of time the employee was with the company, not their achievements. Many achievements were hardly recognized.
    Difficult to learn new skills without bothering a very busy employee for one-on-one training. Highly skilled employees are swamped with work while associate-level employees doodle in their corner cubicle.
    No organization of process documentation and helpful client or project docs.
    Below average when referring to competitive salary.
    Job description was very vague and did not match the actual work done by the employee after hire.
    Account allocation is a joke.
    Managers were bending the rules for some and not others (dependent on the manager and team).
    Technology used by heavy lifters was out of date and inefficient.
    Out-of-office team events were not paid for by management or the company (this does not apply to company-wide events).
    *Most, if not all, of these problems start with middle & higher management.

Back to working from home... I, and the rest of my teammates, worked from home the majority of the week which was nice for those with kids and pets but kept the team from collaborating and getting to know each other. I hardly knew most of my teammates.

Get to know your team and their workload. Acknowledge their achievements and make decisions regarding promotions and raises based off of client feedback and hard evidence and not personal bias.

Great Company

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA (US)

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good people and culture. The culture is very relaxed and collaborative. Definitely a great place to work in!

Cons

There aren't too many cons in this company. I would ask about the turn over rate during your interview.

Keep doing what you are doing well. I would suggest increasing the ESPP as well as implement a dividend program for stakeholders and employees moving forward.

I work for a company that contracts through Epsilon (KPI Connect). One word: TERRIBLE

Current Employee - Agent in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Agent in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Use this company as a stepping stone to a another job for another call center position.

Cons

I don't know where to start. I start working for this company (KPI connect) as a temporary employee and been employed for over six months. Management is completely inept. I mean management only consists of one person and the lead. By my 3rd month working here you can tell the the manager is completely inexperienced and the new lead is extremely timid. This whole company is basic ran by Nurse Racheted (control freak) and her assistant. The majority of my co-workers are afraid to stand up to management. Also we get paid barely above minimum wage and they expect high quality calls! They QA us like crazy like we're getting paid $20 an hour.

To Epsilon: You need to hang around more and see how management treats us! KPI needs new management badly.