Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

3.2
2,870 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

MT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

benefits , coworkers , leadership , promotions , cheap cars

Cons

long hrs . no life work balance , good luck on promotions at time

Eye opening first career

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Learn about inside sales, marketing. Great care in making sure rental vehicles are in top and presentable condition to clients. If you like the long hours and can stick it out there can be rapid advancement.

Cons

Long Hours. Little or no work life balance. There exists a high turn over rate as people quickly become unsatisfied. Selling ancillary products to customers that are not needed and having performance metrics based on this.

Consider staggered shifts to balance out the work day. Long hours are great for those that want the overtime.

Hard work that pays off if you want it to.

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Working with a great team yields a great time. Customers can be friendly or upset, but your day to day depends on you, and you're in control.

Cons

Work-life balance, pay structure for new hires.

Remember the little guys.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

interview

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for more than a year

Pros

one phone, two face-to-face interviews with the head office and the branche manager. be yourself, be prepared and try to sound and look confident. show some leadership

Cons

must know about sales and management. keep relating the job with past experiences

you learn a lot so if you want to go to another company, you will have alot under your belt.

Management Trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, good customers service and sales training, promotion from within, discounted employee rental

Cons

Long hours, lack of physical and mechanical support, uncompetitive pay

Invest more on employees, training on vehicles

Branch Manager

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and a lot of upward mobility opportunities. Management is committed to helping you, as it is in their best interest as well to get you promoted, so there is a huge amount of support from your superiors.

Cons

Everyone says it's long hours, but I found that it became normal to work that long so didn't bother me that much. A big frustration I had was that you get paid on fleet growth, but promoted on customer service. So if you have 20 reservations and 12 cars, and you're not allowed to say "sold out" then you're automatically going to upset your customers and hurt your ability to be promoted.

Enterprise Rental car rental agency. Review with pros and con's of the workplace environment. Salary and bonus.

Current Employee - MID LEVEL MGT
    Current Employee - MID LEVEL MGT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced with room to advance if you can perform. Sales bonuses can be reached easily with effort. Friendly staff and easy to talk to upper mgt.

Cons

Disorganized and slow to react. Inventory often lacking. Staffing issues are frequent. Poor compensation for low level workers. Poor treatment of lower staff on occcation.

BEST Place I have EVER Been Employed At!

Former Employee - Car Detailer  in  Cambridge, ON
    Former Employee - Car Detailer in Cambridge, ON

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff are great, best co workers ever! The company appreciates their staff. They have get togethers and appreciation days where you just meet with your co workers and have fun! Advancement is encouraged! They literally try to convince you to move up! It's not everyday you find a company who promotes advancement.
    Management was quite good but could have been a little more detailed as to the special terminology they use when training new employees.

Cons

There can be some very annoying and rude customers who are extremely picky about the cleanliness of the vehicles
    Long hours (7am-6pm straight)
    If you don't have a car to get to work - they don't provide you with one.

At the training sessions, please train staff on the special terminology used in workplace setting.
    Also for staff who don't have a vehicle to get to work, maybe consider lending them a vehicle to get to and from work. If misuse of the car is a concern, gauge how far the employee lives from work and track mileage and gas usage before the car is signed out then record it when they return to work the next day.

Fun company, terrible working conditions that catch you off guard!

Former Employee - Management Assistant  in  Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Toronto, ON

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are fun. The company itself stands for something good (family owned, employee advancement, benefits)

Cons

When they scout you, they promise a LOT. It's a major shock when you start and they tell you your pay rate and what your duties actually are. I didn't want to be one of those entitled post-university grads who think they are too good for the job. So I stuck with it until I couldn't take it anymore, often in tears on my way home for the mess I got myself in and not having the nerve to quit. Here are some highlights from the lowest point in my career-life:

- Hours are incredibly long (7:30am - 6:00pm M-F and every other Saturday). You always start early and always leave late.
    - Pay is so low that when they offer 'Flex Time' to come in late or leave early you actually don't want to because your paycheque will be even worse
    - We have to wash cars in SUITS! Summer, winter, whatever. Salt-stained pants and shoes, forcing you to spend your hard-earned $$$ on more suits. If your branch is too small to have a car prep person, then you bet your bottom you'll be out there cleaning them yourself, sweating, freezing (in the winter) and then you are supposed to come back inside with a smile and shake a customer's hand
    - The push for branch profitability meant we were always understaffed which makes the job even worse. Imagine coming in at 7:30am on a Monday with 25 reservations and ZERO cars to offer. The feeling of stress made my heart palpitate ... very unhealthy feeling and totally not worth it. I would honestly rather a job at Wal Mart!

New hires should make a LOT more money. $1-$2 over minimum wage will NOT help us pay down the university debt (especially when a degree/diploma is required to get the job).

The most stressful job ever.

Former Employee - Senior Customer Assistance Representative  in  Regina, SK
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Assistance Representative in Regina, SK

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you're a management trainee, there are opportunities for you. The people from corporate are very friendly and have a huge open door policy. They will help you with anything you need.

Cons

On the retail/counter side of things, your manager generally pushes your cars put faster than they come I'm which means you get to explain why you are 15 cars short to customers. The MASSIVE focus on sales and selling vehicle coverage etc is a huge part of you job. Not to mention, it's a company you shouldn't expect to be on your side. It's my experience that they will readily throw you under the bus it if means making a customer happy.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Response

Jun 11, 2014Director: Employment Brand

Thank you for your review of our company. We would like to learn more about your experience at our company. Please contact us at employeecommunications@erac.com. Thank you!

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!