EnergySolutions

David Lockwood

E and T Division

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat group of people working at the company. Smart, friendly, established engineers with experience in the nuclear industry.

ConsGood chance you could spend a majority of your time on one project. However, if you ask, they will try to move you around to different work within the office/area.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to improve relationship with employee continuing education or specified training.

Horrible place to work

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time

ProsI cannot think of any pros.

ConsThe upper management doesn't care about the employees. There are no trainings or meetings to discuss employee career path and expectations. The upper management only cares about making money for themselves.

Sr Engineer

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOnly good thing about this work hours as you get every other Friday off

ConsNo growth opportunity, no raise or bonus in the right way. You have to put in lot extra hours and there is compensation for time-off or any other. Senior Management does not value their employees, does communicate well with employees and always showing the false picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employee as resources not as a cost entity. Have some time of feedback for Senior Management from the employees and you would know what employees think about the senior management. There is clear favoritism in this company and the recent data would indicate why young talent is leaving the company.

Does not feel stable

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOK benefits, friendly colleagues, interesting projects. The workplace had a good atmosphere and did a pretty good job with work-life balance.

ConsEverything changes every year: management, available benefits (including insurance carriers!), available work, CEO... Not very many opportunities to grow in the job. I'm not sure I like the long-term outlook of this company. They're way too focused on cost these days. Zero warning before I got laid off.

As a long time employee EnergySolutions I saw many changes in the upper levels of the company.

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe pay was good. Some days you just sat around doing nothing but getting paid.

ConsThe days were long. Priorities changed by the minute. Lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what ALL the workers are saying. Remember they are the ones completeing the work.

Not Stable

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUse to be good place to work, with supportive managers.

ConsHas changed CEO's 3 times in last 4 years. Went from private, to public, and back to private in 4 years. Constant changes in organization structure. Lousy communication, no support system. Changed focus from client, project, and employee to strictly bottom line. Only concern seems to be any more is making the numbers so management can collect their bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach regarding establishing trust. Trust is not something you can gain by forcing your employees to sit through a speed of trust workshop. You need to stop over looking policy and procedures violations from upper management. Establish open and honest communication. Stop cleaning house of all your seasoned long term employees for cheap inexperienced ones just so you can look like you improved your bottom line to get your Bonus.

No opportunity for growth and management makes false promises.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI do not think there are any positive things to say.

ConsTop management to manager do not care about employee self development, they use employee's credential for bidding process but does not support employee to get professional certification or help them maintain their licences. No proper merit raise even if you put extra hours to meet dead lines, performance review system sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employee and have a proper plan for career advancement, do not force people to stay in the same job even though they are doing a great job. If there is no career advancement it would be difficult to retain talent. Have proper performance review system and merit raise should be based on performance.

Good Company, Great People

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people I work with are outstanding.

ConsSeveral jobs are given to a single person.

Lots of changes to Senior management

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time

ProsPay, Benefits, Vacation, Tuition Reimb

ConsA lot of instability, lack of good decision making, lack of plan implementation.

Nice people

I have been working at EnergySolutions

Prosnice people and good work environment

Conslow salary, the salary is too low

Worked for EnergySolutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EnergySolutions reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for EnergySolutions CEO David Lockwood. All 16 reviews are posted anonymously by EnergySolutions employees.