There are newer employer reviews for thePlatform

Amazing people and a company that cares!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are fun to be around as they are smart and talented at their jobs and also have interesting hobbies and passions outside of work. Even as company has grown to 165+ employees it still seems to have that small company feel. thePlatform does a great job of keeping it's employees happy:
-Genuinely fun all-company activities that range from monthly catered lunches and birthday celebrations to art-walks, baseball games, bowling, mini-golfing, scavenger hunts, company picnics, CEO breakfasts, BINGO, Trivia Nights, Holiday party... Lots of fun stuff all the time. Heck, just last week for Valentines Day everyone got valentines day cards saying how the company loved us a "latte" and that the company had brought in two traveling Batista to make complimentary drinks all morning.
-Awesome snack bar with lots of options ranging from healthy stuff like fresh fruit, nuts, cheese to indulgences like chocolate and jelly beans. And of course fully stocked refrigerators with juice/soda...
-Sweet office location, on 10th and 11th floor of building on 2nd/Madison. In addition to all the nearby lunch spots (and bars) there is an outdoor terrace that stretches the entire south side of the building so you can soak up some sun and eat lunch why looking out at Mt. Rainier and the water.
-Bicycle Lovers! Lots of folks ride/run/walk to work (I Bike) and it's really nice to have lockers, showers, a safe spot for bicycles to hang in the hallway (plus a bike cage on the bottom floor for those super sunny days when tons of people ride in). Not to mention an active group of riders who get together for rides during lunch.

-Cohesive Teams

Cons

The product is pretty complex and can take awhile to learn all the ins and outs. Even with the new-hire technical training and on-going product deep-dives it will take a long-time to get a good understanding of all the different capabilities within the system.

It's a great team and product headed in the right direction, looking forward to growing and maintaining that small-company feel.

33 Other Employee Reviews for thePlatform (View Most Recent)

Challenging, Exciting and Fun Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time (more than an year)

Pros

thePlatform is comprised of a great community of people, and fosters a "come as you are" office culture. Employees are valued here, whether it's management working with you to find a role that best suits your interests and skill-set, or through the HR sponsored employee appreciation events. We have our hands in interesting and relevant technology, which provides us with challenging and exciting work, no matter what your role is here. I love the "work hard, play hard" ethic thePlatform has adopted. The benefits, fringe and otherwise, are better than I've had at any other company/ organization.

Cons

Although I think HR puts forth a strong effort to counter this, our office isn't very ethnically diverse.

A fun dynamic environment, with great people building great products for big customers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time

Pros

We have a very strong team and work hard to keep it that way. We compete in a very dynamic market - online video - which is constantly evolving, so it doesn't get boring. We get to work with big, well known customers, so it's easy to tell mom and dad what our products do. We're growing into a global company, which is challenging but fun.

Cons

Our main product is powerful and complex (which our market needs) but it means that we have longer sales cycles, more demanding customers and a longer ramp time for getting employees up to speed than companies in other spaces. Growing naturally causes areas to get stretched thin which can put stress on the organization.

Keep planning for growth, keep employees happy, stay in touch with the market.

There are newer employer reviews for thePlatform