Wamp wamp

I worked at hmv

Pros

Hmv has a flexible for staff if you are a music/dvd lover you find some good obscure stuff. Managers usually try to accomodate you as best as you can.

Cons

Higher ups at HMV didn't adapt and see the changes coming and now place is going under. Most senior staff saw it for a while.

Should listen to staff and adapt to trends quicker and faster. Might be too late but good luck to HMV.

Other Reviews for hmv

Very supportive company and very willing to give opportunities

I have been working at hmv

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for HMV group is the support for going into professional qualifications such as ACCA

Cons

Once professional qualifications are complete at HMV, there may not be open vacancies within the organisation to progress into a more senior role

HMV leadership is very good ideas and always looking forward, constantly keep employees aware of the plans of the company

Cool place to work

Current Employee - Shop Assistant
    Current Employee - Shop Assistant

I have been working at hmv

Pros

I get to know about all the latest news in music and movies and they let me be creative with my appearance good place to work and grow as an employee.

Cons

Sometimes the work is a bit dull and the customers can be difficult to deal with. Long shifts around Xmas time and Easter.

More training opportunities in store and bonuses for good employees. I would like to work my way up to the top so Id appreciate if there was the possibility to do so.

There are newer employer reviews for hmv.

Worked for hmv? Contribute to the Community!