Yankee Candle

www.yankeecandle.com
  www.yankeecandle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

I love my job and this Company !

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company gives extensive training and development on all levels. You are given MANY tools to develop your business acumen and strategy. The sales program is called A.S.A.P. Used properly, it gives a manager a clear cut manner in which to train everyone in the store (including themselves) in proper sales techniques. It is short and simple and allows you to observe and coach effectively.

The bonus structure is generous. If you make your goals, EVERYONE gets a bonus, irregardless of your position and hours that you work. The Company's attitude is that it takes a team to achieve great sales results. As a SM, we have a lot of responsibility, however, it is not a success in which we can take all of the credit ! It takes a village...

Your days fly by !!! There is ALWAYS something to do if business is slow. The customers are loyal to the brand and quite proud of this ! The Company's return policy is generous which makes the customers happy and assures repeat business. For the most part, our customers are wonderful and a lot of fun.

Cons

The downside is more of a comment on retail management in general- in light of the economic climate. Yankee Candle is no worse than any other retailer at this time. No matter where you are working, management is expected to do more with less payroll. If you are the kind of manager that is committed to growing your business, you will have long work weeks. 50+ hrs most of the time. Holidays there are more expectations for your time in the store. But you are given comp days.

Quicker turnaround on replenishment.

Simplify communications. TOO MANY EMAILS !!!! Let us run our stores and spend our time servicing customers. It is crazy to have to check two email boxes MULTIPLE times, daily, in order to react on a dime !

209 Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle (View Most Recent)

Overall good experience and competive wages compared to other retail stores

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Yankee Candle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Payed weekly, relaxing work enviorment, and friendly staff

Cons

Minimal Hours evend during the holiday season

great brand and some great people, but top management is among the worst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Deerfield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Deerfield, MA (US)

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

fabulous brand with incredible equity and loyal consumers

Cons

terrible culture that rewards those that put up & shut up, very little respect or investment in employees,top-down decision making with focus only on very short-term

There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle