Yankee Candle

www.yankeecandle.com

I love my job and this Company !

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe company gives extensive training and development on all levels. You are given MANY tools to develop your business acumen and strategy. The sales program is called A.S.A.P. Used properly, it gives a manager a clear cut manner in which to train everyone in the store (including themselves) in proper sales techniques. It is short and simple and allows you to observe and coach effectively.

The bonus structure is generous. If you make your goals, EVERYONE gets a bonus, irregardless of your position and hours that you work. The Company's attitude is that it takes a team to achieve great sales results. As a SM, we have a lot of responsibility, however, it is not a success in which we can take all of the credit ! It takes a village...

Your days fly by !!! There is ALWAYS something to do if business is slow. The customers are loyal to the brand and quite proud of this ! The Company's return policy is generous which makes the customers happy and assures repeat business. For the most part, our customers are wonderful and a lot of fun.

ConsThe downside is more of a comment on retail management in general- in light of the economic climate. Yankee Candle is no worse than any other retailer at this time. No matter where you are working, management is expected to do more with less payroll. If you are the kind of manager that is committed to growing your business, you will have long work weeks. 50+ hrs most of the time. Holidays there are more expectations for your time in the store. But you are given comp days.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuicker turnaround on replenishment.

Simplify communications. TOO MANY EMAILS !!!! Let us run our stores and spend our time servicing customers. It is crazy to have to check two email boxes MULTIPLE times, daily, in order to react on a dime !

Overall good experience and competive wages compared to other retail stores

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Yankee Candle part-time for less than a year

Pros: Payed weekly, relaxing work enviorment, and friendly staff Cons: Minimal Hours evend during the holiday season Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Product sells its self but managers seem to be slacking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Yankee Candle

Pros: They give you the tools to be able to successfully sell the product.… Cons: Gossip and drama always seem to be in the district. Its defiantly not the easiest job in the world. A lot of shipments,… More
There are newer reviews on Yankee Candle.

Worked for Yankee Candle? Contribute to the Community!